New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: DUCK LAKE  (Read 2729 times)

Offline slabby

• IceShanty Rookie
DUCK LAKE
« on: Jan 01, 2006, 05:20 PM »
JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODYS BEEN OUT THERE AND HOW THEY'RE DOING!
THANKS!!!! :tipup:
Born To Fish Forced To Work

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: DUCK LAKE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I don't know much about it, but I know the state record Crappie came out of there, right?
Isn't that lake really shallow and weedy?
What do you guys catch out of there?

Offline CNY Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
  • practice catch & release of large fish
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Slabby,

Where can one access the lake?  I drove around it in November and it looks like the Duck Lake Campground is the only place other than homes/cottages.....  The contact on the barn is "Tom"- 776-4848; 488-4473.

From WNY Sportsman's Connection, pages 104 & 105, the DEC has been placing 700 tigers in there from1996 to 2004.

Thanks,
Sam

Offline HOSS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:04 PM »
The campgrounds is the only public access point summer and winter. It's a nice little bass lake in the summer. Only ice fished it once looking for pike and got one of the biggest slop bass of my life

Offline slabby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Hey Sam,it cost 5 bucks to launch a boat there on soft water so probably if you call that number,i think the guy lives in syracuse,he'll probably tell you to toss a fiver in jar by door and you can usually park straight past the launch to your left,i'd unload at ramp and go park up there.Hammered bass there one time this year I went,know there's lots of toothy critters in there also,and state record crappie did come out of there so just like anywhere,thats why they call it fishing not catchin,i'm gonna make it up there sometime this year just because its a beautiful lake and just oozes the smell of fish on!!!!!!!! 8) :tipup:
slabby

Offline CNY Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
  • practice catch & release of large fish
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Anyone hoping to fish this if/when good ice arrives?  I'm looking for someone to go with.

(Mods, can this topic be moved to the "Conditions" side of NY?)
Thanks,
Sam

Offline slabby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Shoot me a pm Sam,i'll fish it with yoy.
Slabby :tipup:

bigdave1018

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2006, 11:20 AM »
its a small fragile fishery so please treat it as such.

Offline aaron719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2006, 01:43 PM »
where is Duck Lake located?  looking to try somewhere different.  thanks.   :tipup:
"The Green Hornet strikes again"

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Duck Lake is close to Cato,NY although I am not the best guy to ask directions.  Only ice fished it once and had a scary experience.  It seems to accumulate a lot of snow on top of the ice due to its location.  Fished it with four guys and two of them fell partially through, we crawled off safely thank god.  There was a good 5 inches of ice with heavy snow on top.  You can access it by the boat launch but I advise to use extreme caution and bring a friend.
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline ajwiez2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bullgills
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:40 PM »
there are a lot of springs and a lot of weeds in the lake and so it freezes up slower and has some bad spots even when the ice is good every where else,and yes it does get alot of snow on it at times because of where it is located. Definitely go with someone .
grab the gaff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.