Author Topic: Jiffy propane pro4  (Read 783 times)

Offline 85gillgetter

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy propane pro4
« on: Dec 24, 2014, 12:08 PM »
Dos any body know who can work on these Somthing is wrong with mine it won't fire over and when I checked the oil it's silver in color and it was brand new oil for the off seson

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jiffy propane pro4
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2014, 01:44 PM »
That is normal for the oil. Did you try different bottles? If it's new I would take it back to the shop. Regulator?

Offline mr musky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2014, 01:53 PM »
T
The regulator may freeze up from condensation. Bring the auger inside, if not already, and let it warm up.

Offline GrabLifeByTheGills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2014, 07:35 PM »
I think grizzlyhackle had some issues with his pro4

Offline T.R.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2014, 08:18 PM »
If it is an early model, they had trouble with the flared tubing to the carburetor breaking. This would cause a no start situation, bit you should smell propane. Check the basics first. This is a 4 stroke motor, the same as any other than the fuel. Check for spark by using a tester of ground it to the block and pull it. Ive heard of the kill switches wearing out, but havent seen it first hand. There really isnt much to these, but I would start with checking fuel and spark

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Dos any body know who can work on these Somthing is wrong with mine it won't fire over and when I checked the oil it's silver in color and it was brand new oil for the off seson

Never have seen silver oil, sounds like a lot of metal in it. Exactly what does won't fire over mean, it won't fire or it won't turn over? Probably get more responses if this thread was where it should be, in the auger forum.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.