Author Topic: Thema Cell Insole  (Read 1541 times)

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thema Cell Insole
« on: Dec 17, 2014, 01:37 PM »
HI has anyone used this product before?  I know I am going to get a lot of "if you use the right boots and sock" etc.... But I am interested to know if this will help.

Once and a while I ache cause of the cold just wondering if this will help out and extend my time on the ice

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thema Cell Insole
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2014, 05:15 AM »
I got a pair as a gift, to test them I  only wore one while late season deer hunting, that foot with the thermacell insole was colder than the other foot without, don't waste your money!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 06:27 PM »
I would try making some closed cell foam insoles before spending that much money for battery powered electric heaters. The most important insulation in your boots is under your feet, not the 2,000 gram thinsulate in the uppers. Get a 3/8" thick yoga mat or sleeping bag pad and cut some insoles from it. I replace them after a couple months because the foam compresses and loses its insulating ability.

Offline ADKLakerTaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:19 PM »
That's pretty good thinking. Will have to try some yoga mats

Hard tell'n, not know'n

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2014, 05:49 AM »
Hard to believe they put their name on this junk. Save your $$$

WS

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2014, 05:50 AM »
Junk, I got a pair for christmas a year ago, first time I tried them deer hunting I wore one to see if they made a difference, by the end of the hunt the foot with the heated insole was frozen, never used them again
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline joemamasmac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2015, 08:14 AM »
I received a pair of the Thermacell ProFLEX insoles earlier in the season that I have used for hunting and at some sporting events.  The product is OK if you know what the limits of it are.  There are 3 settings on the remote, Off-Medium-High.  Medium is useless and I never felt any heat in the insoles on that setting.  The only setting that is ok is high, and if you don't have insulated boots to begin with, you won't feel anything.  The battery is not very impressive, you will only get 1-2 hours of heat out of the insoles.

I picked up a pair of heated socks on sale for black friday.  These really do work, but they are rather thin so you need to line these with socks, and don't pull very hard on them when putting them on.

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/battery-powered-core-heat-sock-liners.html

Joe

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2015, 11:52 AM »
I've been using the disposable hand warmers under the ball of my feet for years w no problem when it's really cold & I'm in my portable or while hunting. They keep my feet toasty for hours :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline Sawmiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:18 PM »
 Wife surprised me with a set of Thermacell insoles for Christmas. Tried them out bowhunting on a crisp 15* morning. I left them off until my feet started getting cold at 9:30 A.M. I turned them on med. setting first and did not feel anything, so I turned them on high. Within 10 min. my feet were toasty warm then I set them back to med. and hunted until noon. Feet were toasty warm the whole time. Filled my last 3 doe tags that morning so I have not used them since. By the way I also had wool socks and sock liners on. I'll definitely be using them ice fishing, would highly recommend to anyone having a trouble with cold feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.