Author Topic: LBDN ICE  (Read 3970 times)

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
LBDN ICE
« on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Any current Ice Condtions?
Planning on heading up the 11th.

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LBDN ICE
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2014, 08:44 AM »
The yellow gate an days river access sites are both open.  Most of the ice south of Gladstone has blown out. The upper bay is still locked in with approximately 3 to 4 inches of ice. Bayshore and Bayview bait and tackle are open but I believe both on a limited schedule. Temps have been single digits the past few nights so that should help firm things up.

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2014, 09:39 AM »
good deal. i heard 6-7" off kipling. I will be staying east side of the bay

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Yes sorry! Fees guy were around butlers catching eyes and pike with 6" inches

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:49 PM »
I will be heading out friday morning if anyone is interested in joining me!
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Let me know how you did. Are they running quads out there?

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Quads all over north of Gladstone, but a freighter did come into Payne and Dolan so steer clear of the north side of Saunders point. Otherwise 5" of ice across the upper bay.

Offline Ack12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Looking to make a trip soon, how are the ice conditions in the Kipling area with this warm weather the past week?

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Anyone headed out tomorrow afternoon?  I'd love to get out but have never fished there and have no clue where to go.  I'll be in town about 1:30

Offline Ack12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Anyone have any fishing reports out of Kipling? Scratching the western UP trip and making the trip to Lbdn Saturday morning to get on some perch and walleye. Any reports on ice conditions and/or fishing would be appreciated!

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:37 AM »
fished thursday night through sunday morning.
10 inches ice (who knows now with this weather)
Thursday night- 2 people- 1 keeper walleye and 2 perch
Friday daylight to dark 2 people- 1 keeper walleye, 3 short ones and 1 28" pike
Saturday daylight to dark 5 people- 10 keeper walleye, probably 5 short ones and a few perch
Sunday morning- few perch
It has been slow- all fish cought in 20FOW with #5 jigging rap- red was a good color, red firetiger and chrome and red

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:04 PM »
I will be heading out there tomorrow, havn't done to bad this year. Quite a few perch, 2 walleye over 20 inches on tip ups, and one pike so far. Been fishing straight off the boat launch in kipling, straight out off buttlers in 20-30 fow.
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline Ack12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Thanks for the input! Was out on the 3rd reef last Saturday and only caught 4 perch, decent size to them but pretty slow day. I'll be out again Saturday and will be sticking a little closer to the launch out of kipling in shallower water, looking to be in 15-25 ft.

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Is the bite still slow?
Heading up to try it again thursday-sunday

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2014, 10:55 AM »
It has been very slow. Did pretty good a few days ago on a drop off area by the weeds off kipling. We got a dozen perch, 2 pike, and my uncle missed a walleye that was the biggest ive ever seen. He had it at the bottom of the hole, and it broke off. I moved my shack out deeper in almost 30 fow and did pretty good also, every perch caught was around 10 inches and i was marking them left and right on the marcum.
Yooper!

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2014, 07:48 PM »
Thanks for the info. I got a 8 hr drive ahead of me and I will be out there Thursday morning. Will give a report Friday. We have 3 people going.

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2015, 02:16 AM »
X2 on the slow... Almost nonexistent bite after 4 p.m.

Offline nhm6408

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Hey guys going to be heading up there on Feb 4th for a week. Never fished in the Bays. Any quick and dirty tips? Ladyfriend will be there with me. Would like to catch a few to keep her interested.

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Anywhere off kipling, its been very slow all season so far. Avoid saunders point, a few 4 wheelers went through the ice there just a few days ago. I drove my truck out to the shack 2 days ago, and we had 12 inches of ice, with these few days of temps below 0  the ice is plenty thick in all the general spots. I moved my shack off of the first yellow gate the other day also, did well on large perch and my dad landed a 29 inch walleye!
Yooper!

Offline Bigdee29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Was thinking of heading down there tomorrow from Marquette. Fished north of Kipling last week marked tons of fish and lost one at the hole. Was thinking of heading south of Kipling towards the terrace. Any advice where to go or even where I can get on the ice down there. I've only fished the bay 3 times so you can call me a newbie to that area. Thanks.

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:06 PM »
There is an access rite at the terrace, there is also one on the south end of Gladstone, just south of the park. There is also an access at the yacht club/ball park across from the state police dept. That area is known as the narrows and is local meat hole. The north end of the narrows is very dangerous (saunders point).
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:10 PM »
You can park at the terrace, looks like they are driving quads/sleds out now(drove by there an hour ago)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Drop by a week ago and there was no ice by the Terrace... with the temps though that could of definitely changed.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I live across the street from the terrace. There were guys walking out last Tuesday. Been driving sleds and wheelers out there since last thursday.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2015, 08:10 PM »
I live across the street from the terrace. There were guys walking out last Tuesday. Been driving sleds and wheelers out there since last thursday.

Hey Kidder, whats the name of that place that sells all the truck toppers thats right there on US 41? I'm in the market and can't seem to find their business name anywhere to call them.

-Sro

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:48 AM »
Superior Cars and RV's

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Superior Cars and RV's

You're the man.
-Sro

Offline yooperandy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 10, 2015, 04:36 AM »
Looking to head down with my boy today. Never been but it sounds better than the fishing up here in ishpeming. Anybody heading out today that we could tag along with? I have a snowmobile so that makes things a little easier.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.