Author Topic: Value of Mora Offset 6" hand auger  (Read 1004 times)

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
Value of Mora Offset 6" hand auger
« on: Dec 01, 2014, 11:29 PM »
I picked one up today and have always wanted one. the money would be nice too.  I am tossed between keeping it and not. It is the folding handle type.  What are your thoughts.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Value of Mora Offset 6" hand auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2014, 12:57 AM »
To get a new one here they run about 170 to 200 depending on rather its the arctic, expert pro or easy. Giving the fact that shipping is a killer on these getting them from over seas you might want to hang onto it . If were talking about the old Mora like this photo here around  30 to 50 bucks

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2014, 06:40 AM »
thank you much

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2014, 09:18 AM »
You can probably sell the handle for $30 or so. Nobody will want the auger, theyll want the handle for a lazer auger.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline up_a_tree

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2014, 07:50 AM »
yes, save!  The old Mora was never very good.  Cut off the shaft just above the blade/flute section.  Save the lower shaft material for making lazer shaft extensions. Mount the offset handle (with folding mechanism, and a shaft extension below it) on a laser - closest thing to a power auger you'll ever find!  No more numb left arm, and you'll drill 2-3 times more holes before you're pooped!  I did that to my laser to get a longer, folding one.  Takes some practice to coordinate your movements, but well worth the effort!

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2014, 08:10 AM »
yes, save!  The old Mora was never very good.  Cut off the shaft just above the blade/flute section.  Save the lower shaft material for making lazer shaft extensions. Mount the offset handle (with folding mechanism, and a shaft extension below it) on a laser - closest thing to a power auger you'll ever find!  No more numb left arm, and you'll drill 2-3 times more holes before you're pooped!  I did that to my laser to get a longer, folding one.  Takes some practice to coordinate your movements, but well worth the effort!

I was wondering if that would work, Ice fishermen are funny when manufacturers wont give us what we want we build it. I went a slightly different route

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.