The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Clam replacement blades on StrikeMaster Lazer hand auger?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
I am looking for some replacement blades for my 6" StikeMaster Lazer hand auger and was wondering if anyone has tried to install the Clam replacement hand auger blades on a StrikeMaster Lazer hand auger?  After comparing images of both blades it appears that they are the same, but the Clam blades are half the price.

Thank you,
Zubie

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam replacement blades on StrikeMaster Lazer hand auger?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Look in this link. http://www.amazon.com/Clam-9539-Auger-Replacement-Blades/dp/B00FL8DXTQ

^ It says the origin is China (made in China) that would explain the price difference. I figured because Clam getting the majority of their products from China and the price.

The Strikemaster blades should be made in Sweden. Strikemaster switched over to getting blades from China a couple years ago and it backfired.(plus they left the price the same) There were a lot of issues of the Chinesse blades not cutting right so Strikemaster went back to the Swedish made blades. So get the Strikemaster blades and make sure they are made in Sweden.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2014, 11:23 PM »
I think clam uses the blades the lazers do, so it could/would be possible.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2014, 11:27 PM »
Nothing good ever happened when I had China blades on my auger. Strikemaster shipped me new Sweden blades and all cutting problems were resolved.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Sorry to be so late in saying welcome to Iceshanty, Zubie.  But, what's 22 months, eh ?

X2 Mr Fry, a buddy and I got SM Lazers at the same time, he, a China 6" with damaged flighting and lucky me, a Swedish 5".  He made the call to SM and received a well packaged  replacement  and a spare set of blades, freight free, for his inconvenience.  Good things proven by StrikeMaster.    ;)2

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Thanks to all that have replied, I was assuming this would be the answer as I have spent a lot of time using the "search" feature on this site.  ;D I have found that I don't often need to ask a question because I can find most things by doing a search, but I will try to be a more active member this season.  Thanks again for the help and I will stick with the StrikeMaster blades from Sweden.

Thank you,
Zubie

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2014, 01:04 PM »
A tip of the hat, Zubie, for using the "Search" function.       :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2014, 01:21 PM »
You can always send out the old blades and have them sharpened.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2014, 01:47 PM »
You can always send out the old blades and have them sharpened.
It's caveman easy to touch them up yourself.  Really easy, if you can tie shoes or thread a needle, and good eyesight helps.     ;)2

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2014, 11:05 PM »
yes the Clam blades come from China but there has not been any issues with them. I ran the 6" clam hand auger on my Clam Drill Plate last year and am still using the same blades this year. have not had any issues even with the china blades. they have stayed sharp and they cut well. I would believe that the blades could be used on both since the Clam hand auger extension works on both. face it more and more stuff is being made in China these days.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.