Author Topic: ice suit sizing  (Read 1668 times)

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ice suit sizing
« on: Nov 26, 2014, 03:02 PM »
I thought this would be a cool thread, I'm interested to see just how all these suits fit. Frabill, striker, ice armor, so on..

So tell us what size suit you have, and what size pants/shirt you normally wear, and how they fit.

I don't have anywhere remotely close to try on bibs. If I order online it would help to know that I'm in the ballpark.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice suit sizing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Surprised the Striker folks haven't weighed in yet.  Sure would like to try some of that stuff on someday.

6'5" 190 lbs.
Normal clothing: 38 x 36 pants, 37 inch sleeves/XLT shirts
Cabela's Ice Angler XLT
Fits perfectly.  Full review here:
http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/982863/cabelas-guidewear-gore-tex-ice-angler-parka-tall-reviews/reviews.htm
and here:
http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/982865/cabelas-guidewear-gore-tex-ice-angler-bibs-tall-reviews/reviews.htm

Son is about my size, just a little taller and bigger.
He is out of the country for a few more months but we bought him Guidewear Extreme Late Season parka and bibs (current Cabela's offering) for Christmas, on a recent sale.
I tried them on and the XLT fit just a little smaller than the Ice Angler stuff.  Girth of bibs was smaller and sleeves of parka were shorter.  Not quite big or long enough.
Sent them back and exchanged for 2XLT.  Roomy and much better length.

Despite the slightly smaller sizing, the new ones look to be a very nice product.

Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2014, 08:21 AM »
I got a Large Hardwater bib and a Large Climate 3-1 parka from Striker. I should have gone down a size to Medium. I'm 5-8, 160.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Have hard water bibs and jacket, 5' 10" 190-200#  don't bulk up underneath as you don't need to, wear flannel shirt(no long johns) light hooded sweatshirt, fish outside in any weather, you wont get cold!!

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2014, 04:37 PM »
When ordering the striker suits how does a guy ask for the tall size?
:icefish:

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Tell them how tall and your weight when  calling, if ordering online, I think I would call striker and ask what to order.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.