The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Anyone on ice in Northern Maine  (Read 889 times)

Offline thedirtydirtyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anyone on ice in Northern Maine
« on: Nov 19, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Down here in the south a few small ponds iced over, but im thinking northern maine must have some smaller ponds with at least 3 inches on it?  Any reports

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone on ice in Northern Maine
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2014, 08:25 AM »
checked a large pond near vanburen yesterday. i didn't have a chisel but from the cracks it looks about 3-4in. this was about 50ft. from shore. should be more by the weekend.

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Most is not opened till dec 1

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
I will be going to Square next week as the family will be having Thanksgiving at camp for the first time which I am very excited about.  I have never been to camp in the month of November.  Usually go to bird hunt the first of October and then don't get back until fishing starts in January.  I will be curious to see what ice has formed around the area.  With any luck maybe there will be a couple bucks running around as well.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I will be going to Square next week as the family will be having Thanksgiving at camp for the first time which I am very excited about.  I have never been to camp in the month of November.  Usually go to bird hunt the first of October and then don't get back until fishing starts in January.  I will be curious to see what ice has formed around the area.  With any luck maybe there will be a couple bucks running around as well.
hang around those ridges between eagle and square and you may score! no major storms in the forecast so you should be good to go to get in there. i wouldn't try it w/ a car right now though.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:24 PM »
better dress for sledding too. single digits up here right now.

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2014, 06:46 AM »
Thanks Jacksmelt.  I was joking with dad yesterday that I may want to throw the sled in the back just to be safe, but the forecast does look o.k.  I'm not bothered by the cold, maybe it will move some of those deer around.  Happy holidays

Offline basst_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:50 AM »
8 hour drive from MA to get on first ice?? am i crazy? ya damn right

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Thanks Jacksmelt.  I was joking with dad yesterday that I may want to throw the sled in the back just to be safe, but the forecast does look o.k.  I'm not bothered by the cold, maybe it will move some of those deer around.  Happy holidays
same to you. looks like a warm up mon.  40's w/ rain but then later in the week, ill get cold again. so much for the snow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.