Author Topic: Hot tips from Utah  (Read 1707 times)

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Hot tips from Utah
« on: Nov 18, 2014, 01:03 AM »
First of all I would like to shout out and say Hello. I am new to the forum. I've been in a lot of forums on the net, this is the most information in one forum I have ever seen. So how could I sit back and not share with Hot Tips from Utah. First of all the first pic is a pic of a cabela's ice fishing case made for 32" rods and reels. I took out the white conduit that was in it and replaced it with spec 80 conduit but made it 10 inches longer. . To extend it to 42 inches for my custom made graphite Perch rods.  The next pic is what they call a fly case. Makes an excellent jig organizer. The next pic is the 3 hottest jigs that I have ever found for Walleye and Perch. Oh yeah and the trout pound them too. The castmaster is a 1/8 ounce cast master. Which is used to fish in conjunction with the gizzy bug. I like to put 14" of drop line and then the gizzy bug. The jig head is 1/32 ounce. The other 2 jigs are a gazilla and an 1 1/2" cutter bug all in crazy glo orange color. All the glo colors work good but orange is the best. These lures are all made by Maniac. The jig head that they are on is a vertigo they are flat and designed for really good jigging action. They hang horizontal and they fall fast. You will love them in Glo. I add a little extra touch by adding the eyeballs. Yes I like to tip them all with Perch eyes. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Hot tips from Utah
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Welcome to IS. Nice info. I have one for you from a Utah Board. This is Jawjacker improvements.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=787324;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread
I'm sure you have seen it.
<===Lefty===

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Re: Hot tips from Utah
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. This I.S. board is an awesome board a lot of good reads. Yes I jumped on the band wagon when the Jaw Jackers came up I bought 4 of them the first year he had them out. I think this is his 4th year. I use 28 inch medium action ugly sticks. with a double hook jig head. They are called double tails. I set them up when I do a fish clinic,Once or twice a year on the ice with the co-workers kids. They love them. In fact they have got used to hearing them go off and they know what to do. What's your favorite fish to go after on the ice? Mine is Perch and Walleye.

Hook Em' and Cook Em'.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.