Author Topic: boots  (Read 1280 times)

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
boots
« on: Nov 09, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Got a pair of ice armor onyx boots. Seem warm and supposedly 100% water proof. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad? Just wondering if baffins would have been a better choice.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Baffins have a huge following. Stick them into search and prepare to read.

WS

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014, 08:06 PM »
They are not waterproof by any means. Any water above the laces area and your foot will get wet. I have a pair of 13x only worn once tossed in the closet. For the money Baffins hands down.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2014, 01:59 AM »
any boot brand out there that is stitched has the chance of leaking water into the boot. the only true water proof boot is the rubber all welded boot like the Ice Armour Sub Zero Boot. all the seams on this style of boot are 100% welded together and not stitched so they won't leak. this is why I went with the Sub Zero over the Onyx.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:16 PM »
i seal my baffins every year w/ snow seal.  heat the boot w/ a hairdryer till' warm, apply the snow seal, then melt it in w/ the hair dryer again. never a leak and the boot still looks like new.

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Went with the muck arctic pros and a nice pair of moisture wicks under a pair of wools.im in cny so very rarely am i out in anything more than -15.  I hope the hype is real and i stay warm and dry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.