Author Topic: WalMart special Frabill Thermal Trekker DLX  (Read 4225 times)

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
WalMart special Frabill Thermal Trekker DLX
« on: Oct 25, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Hey guys, quick question.  I was at Gander Mountain today and they finally have some shantys on the floor, one of them being the Thermal Trekker DLX.  So I got to "kick the tires" on it and figured out that it's definitely the shanty I want.  The only problem is, they don't have any to sell yet.  I could wait until they get some in, but then I have to drive an hour back up there just to get it, and because it's an oversized item, the additional shipping costs are out of this world if I wanted to ship it direct to my house!  I know a few of you have purchased yours at WalMart via the ship to store feature and I was wondering if your experience there was a good one?  It's been my experience in the past that even though it's a brand name, most of the time the item is a cheaper quality than those at Gander, Bass Pro, etc.  My reasoning for considering getting mine at WalMart is the fact that our local one is 10 min. away but I don't want to get a "cheapy" version of the Trekker.  So basically what I'm asking, is it the same shanty, or should I drive an hour to get a genuine one?

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: WalMart special Frabill Thermal Trekker DLX
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2014, 03:20 AM »
I'd be surprised if Frabill made a cheap version of one of their models just for Walmart. If you're in doubt, call Walmart customer service and get the model number, then call Frabill customer service to verify. They're very easy people to deal with.

I've used Walmart ship to store and it's been satisfactory. I recently purchased a memory foam bed for 1/3 the cost of the mall store. It's a high quality product and I'm very happy with it.

And yes, I'm a big Frabill fan.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2014, 05:49 AM »
The numbers do match up.  I was just nervous about getting this thru WalMart because I've purchased a few "name brand" things thru WalMart and found that they were a cheaper quality than what I could get elsewhere.  I think it should be fine.  For me, this is a fairly big investment that I plan on having for a long time, and I want something that will last!  Thanks for the info!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I know other manufactures have "store" exclusive items ...don't think I have seen any from Frabill ...if the model numbers match I would say your golden ...plus Walmart has a pretty liberal return policy . You will save the shipping cost (ship to store) ...on most bulk items it can be up to $ 150 dollars.  I have ordered quite a lot of stuff from Walmart ...to home and store pick up ...both are fast ..just recently I order an item on a Saturday(free shipping) ...would of had it on Tuesday ..but UPS had some address issues with me(not happy with UPS at all) ...got it on Thursday . If you have concerns on return policy I would Email or call Walmart . Good luck
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Three years ago I ordered a ship to store Sunbeam small chest freezer from Walmart. $100 cheaper than at the appliance dealers. This thing is the cat's meow, couldn't be happier. Actually more features on it. I wouldn't hesitate  a minute, if it isn't right, the return is no problem. let us know how it turns out... :)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:28 AM »
Example. Oh by the way I get 10% off since the wife works there.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marcum-Showdown-Troller-Combo/38251237
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:30 AM »
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Frabill-Thermal-Trekker-DLX-Gray-Black/33006942

I use site to store all the time. Never a problem.
<===Lefty===

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2014, 11:07 AM »
I got an iceducer for my Humminbird for 44 bucks from Wallmart ship to store. I also got the portable base for more dollars off. They shipped the wrong iceducer so I didn't take it. they arranged for me to get another at the same sale orice that had expired. I would use it again in a heart beat.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2014, 03:22 PM »
I did end up ordering it from WalMart!  It just makes more sense for me to do it that way instead of driving an hour north, or south to go to my nearest Gander Mnt.  I work in the same town that our Wally World is in, so I can just swing down after work and grab it.  I can't wait!!!!!!   ;D :clap:  Now to order that Black Betty before the wife cuts me off!! ;)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Good luck. I hope she doesn't cut anything important off :-\

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:19 PM »

Rg
Her  last name wasn't Bobbitt was it?
<===Lefty===

Offline Link406

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Ordered my thermal trekker deluxe through Walmart and put it together last night, and it definitely isn't a cheap Walmart version. Got it for nearly $100 off with free in store pickup, can't go wrong with that!

Offline degasvegas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:41 PM »
I sat in one of these at Cabelas this past weekend. Really nice tent. I'm even trying to sell the wife on it. But Cabela's in Edmonton is selling it for $799.99. Pretty steep price.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:05 PM »
by the way walmart in michigan has a 30 day return policy so i think most states do but when not sure ask... that is if you find out it is made cheaply?  any how good job getting it at wally world they got some slick deals. i know quite a few of their employees etc there local here to. also  i think i mentioned it to you to via pm?  about that shanty any how glad you got one if you did?...   

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2014, 06:52 PM »
how much at walmart?

Same price as anywhere else.  $539.99, the only difference is, they don't charge a penny for the ship to store feature.  Gander told me that because it's an oversized item, I would have to pay additional charges to use their ship to store feature if I didn't wanna wait for it.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2014, 06:55 PM »
did you receive your shanty yet? let us know what your think of it?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2014, 06:56 PM »

Rg

I'll make sure to sleep with one eye open!  Nah, she's really cool about me with my toys, especially since I don't care how much she spends on clothes!!   ;D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Oct 27, 2014, 06:59 PM »
did you receive your shanty yet? let us know what your think of it?

No, I just ordered it yesterday morning.  According to the e-mail, it won't ship until the 10th??  Not sure why, but it's not like I'll be using it anytime soon.  I just wanted to get it now so I can get it put together, and get it set up for me plus I wasn't sure if this was gonna be like everything else that I usually want, (as soon as the stores get one, they're gone!)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Sometimes when I order Site to Store it say's it wont ship until whenever but gets there a lot sooner. A lot of the Walmarts get a truck in 2 times a week. Depends on the size of the store. They try to fill the truck before shipping.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I believe they need at least a 3/4 full load....why truck a half full load? That's how they keep prices down. No matter what they say about Wally World, you really do save a lot of bucks there. I like them. Never did agree with the "oversize" shipping charge crap. Goes on a truck anyway.  ::)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Example. Oh by the way I get 10% off since the wife works there>

I will not hold that against you. :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 2014, 07:59 PM »
He just likes the candy bar discount.  ;D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 27, 2014, 08:25 PM »
I believe they need at least a 3/4 full load....why truck a half full load? That's how they keep prices down. No matter what they say about Wally World, you really do save a lot of bucks there. I like them. Never did agree with the "oversize" shipping charge crap. Goes on a truck anyway.  ::)

I know!!  That oversize business is a load of crap!!  I don't think the difference between having to use a hand cart and just picking it up by hand should be $100+!!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2014, 09:06 PM »
I know!!  That oversize business is a load of crap!!  I don't think the difference between having to use a hand cart and just picking it up by hand should be $100+!!

sure is a load of crap watch out for bass pro too i had them back order some thing of mine that was said to be in stock and there trying to charge extra be cause it is back ordered another big box store problem  a.k.a. big box store scam. by the way have you ever tried to cancel a order  threw bass pro they lie to you about being not being able to cancel it then block you pass word so you can log in and complain to customer service about it.  that was the last time i bought any thing and will buy any thing from bass pro.... load of bs is all i get from there customer service department. and nothing but problems. try to cancel you order next time you order just to see how bass pro react to you. that the very reason it the last time i will shop there...     

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Oct 28, 2014, 05:39 AM »
He just likes the candy bar discount.  ;D
Hey, I resemble or I mean resent that.
<===Lefty===

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Oct 28, 2014, 05:23 PM »
sure is a load of crap watch out for bass pro too i had them back order some thing of mine that was said to be in stock and there trying to charge extra be cause it is back ordered another big box store problem  a.k.a. big box store scam. by the way have you ever tried to cancel a order  threw bass pro they lie to you about being not being able to cancel it then block you pass word so you can log in and complain to customer service about it.  that was the last time i bought any thing and will buy any thing from bass pro.... load of bs is all i get from there customer service department. and nothing but problems. try to cancel you order next time you order just to see how bass pro react to you. that the very reason it the last time i will shop there...     

I've never had that sort of issue with Bass Pro.  I do know you have to watch their prices from time to time.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:02 PM »
I've never had that sort of issue with Bass Pro.  I do know you have to watch their prices from time to time.

exactly right like the diawa beef stick boat rods are $35 at bass pro and 20.81@walmarts  plus shipping on each. but ya had the same problem there as described and really and started rolling down hill from there..   like said last time i shop there..

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Oct 28, 2014, 08:47 PM »
On a more positive note, I got an e-mail today that said my shanty has shipped!!   :clap: :woot:

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:54 PM »
On a more positive note, I got an e-mail today that said my shanty has shipped!!   :clap: :woot:

that's awesome!  ;)2

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 29, 2014, 02:18 AM »
Nice
And so it begins........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.