New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2015 NYS Ice Pro-Am and Winter Classic Tournament Thread  (Read 28172 times)

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2015 NYS Ice Pro-Am and Winter Classic Tournament Thread
« Reply #150 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Don't do the Pro division...just do the open for 30 bucks.  Pro teams have fish other tourneys as well to win.

Can we still fish as a team in the open division?
Empire State Fishing

Offline ShaneO19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #151 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Fished it last year and had a great time.  Thought they did a good job too.  I caught a small gill and won 2nd place.  The stuff they gave me for that tiny fish was awesome.  See ya on the ice Saturday!!

I tried real hard to catch a sunfish last year unsuccessfully!  I knew there wouldn't be many weighed in and it was the smartest species to target.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #152 on: Feb 17, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Don't do the Pro division...just do the open for 30 bucks.  Pro teams have fish other tourneys as well to win.

You are referring to the Triple Crown Series Title. The Pro-Am Team Event is specific to each event - each tournament is separate from the others. So teams only fishing this event have just as good a chance as the those who have fished the whole series, but only those who fished the whole series can go for the Title. The team event costs more as the prize packages are at least twice that of the open division and the chance of adding a cash supplement is greater as well, trophies are bigger and nicer, and we give you a captains pack worth on average about $75 before the tournament even starts! @)  As Bushy stated, come to the Captains meeting Friday night at 7pm at the firehall - if it doesn't sound like it is for you, go in the Open division. If it sounds like something you would like to try out, you can get into the team event at that time. Also feel free to ask the other teams who have fished our events what they think.
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #153 on: Feb 18, 2015, 02:21 PM »
Now let's focus on the main topic at hand. The ice on Sodus is nearly perfect right now (at least around the islands where I was today) with all the snow hard & compact, and all the slush frozen. We would have had no issues with a wheeler and the walk was very easy!! Quite a few registrations are being taken at the Sodus Bay Bridge Sportshop as well as online. The weather looks like it will cooperate too with temps in the 20's with only a chance of snow showers. Should be a great, well attended event!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #154 on: Feb 18, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Guys,
If you want to go rounds about personal issues keep it to pm's.
The back and forth stuff on the board isn't good for Tim, you, or Iceshanty.com.

This thread is locked until I clean it up. Please do not respond to this post here.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Feb 18, 2015, 09:13 PM »
This thread is unlocked guys.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #156 on: Feb 19, 2015, 05:10 AM »
So now it's nothing but a praise Tim and his events thread?

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #157 on: Feb 19, 2015, 05:25 AM »
How much fresh snow they get
Just enjoying life

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #158 on: Feb 19, 2015, 05:41 AM »
Morning Tim,
             Got a suggestion for the Sodus event. Take some video, Start line Saturday and Sunday and the awards Ceremony, upload it to U-Tube then do a copy/paste right here to the site.  :thumbsup: Good luck and have a great event.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #159 on: Feb 19, 2015, 06:04 AM »
video of the start and awards would be a nice thing to see. good idea chi!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #160 on: Feb 19, 2015, 06:34 AM »
Sounds like they received around 8" last night with more on the way today. Hopefully the winds today blow it all off as last night's snow was very fluffy stuff...

I try to get video of all the starts and awards but it depends on many factors if we actually can: timing, weather, personnel, etc. Good suggestion and I will do my best to get them this weekend!
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Bbrown24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #161 on: Feb 19, 2015, 10:29 AM »
Will there be a place to buy live bait on site sat morn or should I bring some? Also, since I am coming from two hours away can we register sat morn instead of driving out friday night?
Empire State Fishing

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #162 on: Feb 19, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Will there be a place to buy live bait on site sat morn or should I bring some? Also, since I am coming from two hours away can we register sat morn instead of driving out friday night?

Both the Sodus Bay Bridge Sportshop and Davenports B&T will be open early on Sat and Sun. You can register for the Open Division general tournament at Sodus Bay Bridge Sportshop that morning until 7am, or come to the firehall by 7am Sat morning to register. If you're looking to fish the Team Event, you must register by 7pm Friday and be at the captains meeting Friday night at 7pm.

Also, for those coming in on Friday, the Sodus Bay Bridge Sportshop will be open until 7pm Friday night for anglers to register there and get bait if they don't want to stop in on Sat morning.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #163 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:32 AM »
A big shout out to all of our Series sponsors this year: Plano, Frabill, Clam, Hydro Glow, Automatic Fisherman, Sullivan Tip Downs, Bass Pro Shops, Aqua-Vu, Maki Plastic, Brantner Jigs, Addya Hooks, Michigan Stinger, Ice Fishing Fanatics, Jammin' Jigs, PolyStic Glo, Bob Light, Quick Clamp Outdoors, Cold Snap Outdoors, Savage Gear, Filer's Powersports, Vital Signs & Design, Vexilar, Fox Rochester, The Outdoor Beat, Ice Shanty, and Ice Fishin' 247.

Plus all of our local sponsors: Sodus Point Firehall, Clingerman Taxidermy, Capt. Jacks, Abe's Waterfront, Franklin House, Dish It Out, R Bar & Grill, Sodus Bay Bridge Sportshop, Davenport's B&T, 3-Mile Bay Fire House, Chaumont Hardware, Streeter's Taxidermy, Skipper's Landing, and any others I may have forgotten to liist!!

THANK YOU!! Our events would not be possible in their current capacity without you!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #164 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Best of luck to all teams and open class tomorrow sorry to miss this one
Just enjoying life

Offline ShaneO19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #165 on: Feb 23, 2015, 01:54 PM »
Anyways, the event was very well run as always and a lot of fun to fish in.  It did seem like the number of participants was down a lot from last year but there were still some very impressive catches.  I think this winter has just taken the energy out of most.  Looking forward to the events next year.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
IPA Invitational Event - 3 Openings Left
« Reply #166 on: Feb 24, 2015, 05:42 PM »
There are 3 openings left in the IPA Invitational Event on March 14th to conclude this year's pike season (100% payout). Cost is $275/team and includes a Prime Rib dinner at Capt. Jacks afterwards. Top 3 teams will be awarded: 1st-$1600, 2nd-$800, 3rd-$400. The targeted waterway will be the area on Sodus Bay between Newark/LeRoy/Eagle islands. There will be a taxi to take teams out to the shotgun start location in the center (where the weigh-in will also be located). There is a specific rule set associated with this event to make it as level a playing field as possible that can be found at: http://www.nysiceproam.com/TeamInvitational.html

While competitive, this event has been created to be a fun, exciting end to the pike season with a celebration at Capt. Jack's. This event is now being opened up to the public. The first 3 teams to drop me a PM with their team information (Team Name, Capt's Name, Teammate's Name, Phone #'s and Emails) and get me a check for the $275 registration will be accepted. All others will be put on the waiting list. Those 12 teams who enter this year's event will have 1st dibs at securing their spot for next year. Current teams can be found on the IPA Invitational website.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: IPA Invitational Event - 3 Openings Left
« Reply #167 on: Feb 26, 2015, 01:09 PM »
Bump - 3 spots still open (pending payment from two teams).
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: IPA Invitational Event - 3 Openings Left
« Reply #168 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:11 PM »
One spot remaining at this point.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #169 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:45 PM »
We're starting to look at next year's Ice Pro-Am events and where the Team-Only events will be taking place. Send us your suggestions as we will be looking for popularity in addition to logistical issues. Current places that have been recommended include: Sodus Bay, Oneida Lake, Conesius Lake, Tupper Lake, Chautauqua Lake, and Chaumont Bay.

The Winter Classic statewide event will once again start on January 1st and will go a full 2 months through the end of February. New weigh-in stations will be announced in the fall once confirmed. We are also looking at the possibility of having the awards ceremony during the IPA Invitational gathering at Capt. Jack's on March 12th, where the top 3 winners of each category will get 2 free passes to the awards dinner banquet included with their winnings. This is not confirmed yet, just an idea that has been conceptualized for discussion. If there is anything you would like to see included for the tournament next year, now is the time to pitch the ideas to us! We are also discussing the feasibility of C&R categories for Pike and Trout. Stay tuned as we work on next year's event!

We are still looking to fill the last team for the IPA Invitational event on March 14th - 100% cash payout, prime rib dinner included. If interested, drop me a PM! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #170 on: Mar 06, 2015, 08:14 PM »
How many atv/ snowmobies do u have to get teams out for invitational?
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #171 on: Mar 06, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Our ATV, Pollock's sled, and your sled if you'd like to bring it and are willing to help. 
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #172 on: Mar 07, 2015, 05:53 AM »
Let me know if the conditions are good for atv much easier to bring as wont need a trailer thanks
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #173 on: Mar 07, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Sounds good! Thanks Bushy! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #174 on: Mar 10, 2015, 05:10 AM »
Just a few reminders for the Invitational teams next weekend:
1) No pre-fishing in the targeted area (waterway between LeRoy/Eagle/Newark islands on Sodus) this week.
2) No motorized transport (we will be shuttling everyone out to the shotgun start and back).
3) No Shanties.
4) All teams are required to have and use a cooler to keep fish alive for weigh-in and go for the 2-pt bonus per pike released (and be able to cull your fish throughout the day).
5) Minimum size for pike is 28", minimum size for panfish is 6".
6) All teams must arrive by 5am or be DQ'ed.
7) Team members do not have to fish together, but must remain within the event boundaries at all times and combine fish before weigh-in.
8) All teams and their fish must be in the weigh-in line before 3:00pm.
9) All teams must have matching team attire for the awards ceremony at Jack's (t-shirts or jerseys, etc.).
10) Prime rib dinner at Jack's included at awards ceremony.
There will be a Lunker Pool ($20/team paid at check-in) split 50/50 for largest overall pike and largest overall panfish. All teams are to park along the roadside by the Connelly's ice access (bay side of the road).
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #175 on: Mar 11, 2015, 06:16 AM »
FYI to all teams fishing in the Invitational this weekend: I do not believe the bait shops will be open early this weekend, so I would highly suggest acquiring bait the night before or on your way to Sodus. I have posted a map online to show the fishing area and boundaries in case you are unfamiliar with the islands of Sodus Bay. Please contact me with any questions. We will have an ice report Friday after we set up the weigh-in station.

There is still one space available if any other team is interested in getting in this year. Deadline to register is Thursday night. With 11 teams currently, first place will be paying out $1500.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #176 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Tim what is FYI stand for & I don't see any map on site....
images.jpeg

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #177 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Dewey - For Your Information. It looks like the web building program didn't load it. It is posted on Facebook. I'll try again tonight to get it on the website. @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #178 on: Mar 11, 2015, 10:29 AM »
Dewey that's the map i text you last night
Just enjoying life