Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647849 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #4800 on: May 13, 2016, 05:19 AM »

Thanks Goat for the well wish, but life goes on, we have to do what we have to do!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4801 on: May 13, 2016, 05:45 AM »
Good morning  early risers. Whopper Stopper sorry to read your trip has been canceled know you and the girls were looking forward to going after the northern pike. WarBonnett glad the step rebuild went easy and your son was able to help with some other projects. May he have a safe and problem free drive home. ElectricSlide may all go well with your remaining exams, sounds like a nice fishing trip. I think you dad will enjoy the cooler. Capt.Jim welcome hope all is going well for you down on the NJ. shore. IFF happy to hear your wife's foot is healing and she can get out to the nursery. may you get the weed eater problems sorted out .
  Eddie enjoy the fashions today forecast is for cooler temperature starting Sunday. It appears your apprentice has many things to learn . Ice Wanderer have fun splitting wood or working in the garden today. Mr.Turkey thank you for the info. on male turkeys .
   Thank you for the well wishes with the inspection. I will let you know how things went once  the store gets through the inspection.

Have a good Friday folks. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4802 on: May 13, 2016, 06:05 AM »
      Good morning to all ERs. 44* here on the hill with rain coming this afternoon.  OG, keep up at the yard sales, the ones around here are mostly baby and kids cloths and out grown toys. Jeff, slow and steady on the wood splitting, as I remember the wood wormed you each time you handled it, cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking then when you burn it !  :flex: Have a safe day all !                                                      WB

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4803 on: May 13, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning all! :bow:

Not much to report here, 45, rain and wind is the order for the day. Yesterday after work I came home and split a good sized trailer load of wood. I have everything full here at home so I want to haul what's left up to the shack and fill that wood shed. I was in hopes all the wood to split would be finally gone but it appears I still have about 1/2 cord left. Not complaining, just tired of splitting. You are right WB lol

This morning I made a Dr appointment to talk about my blood pressure. Guess I will see what we need to do to get it in the right range. Frustrating to say the least when you try to get it lowered by exercise, watching the coffee, salt, drinking, dropping weight and it is still 150/88.

Hope you all have a Great 13th :thumbsup:

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4804 on: May 13, 2016, 07:54 AM »
ESlide
It took longer than normal to get this one cleaned as I could not get the crop out with out taking the breast sponge with it. I never have timed my self cleaning one but it seems that each one takes a little longer.

WS
You have to do what is needed to get your BP in range.
Before going down with diabetes I was on two pills for my blood pressure. When I went in the hospital my blood pressure was on rock bottom so ended up in the heart center for 4 days. We cut one of the pills and it was good. A while ago it was getting high again and my doctor was thinking of changing to a whole different drug. I told him no. Lets go back to what worked before diabetes as I knew it worked and was affordable. So far my BP has been OK again so no change in RX.

DOM is still alive He posted on RGFIXIT's Little Wood Shop thread in off topic on MFF. Just a couple sentences but that  is a start.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4805 on: May 13, 2016, 10:08 AM »
Good Morning all! Coffee, blueberry whole grain pancakes, and turkey sausage on the menu this morning! Thank you all for the well wishes on the exams!

Good luck on the wood chopping IW and the gardening. What will you be growing this year?
Nice score on the garage sale Old Goat, a 50 cent GPS is awesome!
Whopper stopper, that certainly can be frustrating, as long as you are doing everything on your part, the doc should be able to lower that BP with meds etc. You are doing the best you can so try not to get frustrated as it will always be a battle to lower it, but a very important battle as I am sure you know. Good that you are taking initiative calling the doc as many will not do that.

Have a great Friday all. Stay away from black cats, I heard they will give you bad luck even for next ice fishing season.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4806 on: May 13, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Actually my late father in law considered Friday the 13 his lucky day. During WWII he flew a mission on Friday the 13th. The plane he was on was 0013, there were 13 men on board. The flew a bombing and straffing mission. All 13 came back unharmed.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4807 on: May 14, 2016, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          ES.....We will be growing the usual, tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, beans, lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash,
                    radishes, and wax beans!
                          We had a visitor during the night, my wife woke me around 1am to tell me we had a bear on the front porch
                    trying to get to her bird feeder, it managed to pull the bottom ring off and bend the hook it was hanging on before
                    she scared it away by turning the light on! She had me go out and retrieve the rest of the feeder, then I went back
                    to bed. Sometime later she woke me up again, that she heard a noise on the front porch again, it was the bear trying
                    find the feeder. I went back to sleep, not much I could do about it!
                          WB.....I have been slower on my wood cutting this year not by choice but by interruptions, but I like your thinking!
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or whatever!
                          Coffee is on and it's bacon and eggs for breakfast, so if your in my area stop by!

IW     

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4808 on: May 14, 2016, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Guys,
47* and partly cloudy skies this am, high of 69 expected here today with a chance of a thunderstorm.  The birds are chirping and the trees are starting to turn green again, it's a nice Spring morning in Upstate NY today.
Jeff...a few over easy and extra butter on the toast please.... ;D.  Was wondering, if you were to contact ENCON and inform them that you have a nuisance bear at your home, would they issue a nuisance permit to harvest it? Might be a quick fix to that problem and an early jump on filling up the freezer? Hope the Mrs. wasn't too shocked with the encounter.....has she seen them there before?   :woot:
Marv...best wishes on getting the blood pressure in order Sir! Fishing the opener for walleye today?
OG...some great buys at the garage sales!  :clap: :thumbsup:

My cawfee maker died this morning... :%$#!: :flex: 
 A short service was held about 10 minutes ago and Mr.Coffee will be laid to rest at the transfer station later today...he was a good cawfee maker and always did what he was supposed to do....Mr. Coffee was about 5 years old and will be missed, but he served his purpose...Amen.    ;D
Well, off to Walmart.... :roflmao:
Have a great day everyone, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4809 on: May 14, 2016, 05:46 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Nothing like a good nights sleep IW! lol. It seems the more you chase them crazy fur balls away the more they come back. I think they like the attention!  ;D

34 degrees with 15 mph winds here. The fishing opener kicked off at midnight, I would believe there are some frozen souls out there. My contact up north where we were going to go e mailed me and said we would not have went out yesterday even if we had wanted. The weather was far worse than even predicted. That made all of us feel a whole lot better about cancelling.

We are heading to the shack this morning as yesterday we got rained out. We want to mow up there and we had rain until mid day.

Oh, the Dr visit was about as expected. He prescribed some BP medicine to start but beginning Monday many changes from here on in until I can find what's triggering it. Not complaining, so many others have far worse things going on. I never liked coffee, salt, or a cold beer anyway! It will also be fun to walk a couple of miles a day. lol

Have a good one everybody!

Good Morning Eddie! I see you slipped in before me. No fishing for me today, I put all my winter gear away! lol. Sorry to hear about your Mr Coffee. I have a coffee maker I won't be using any time soon I could send you! lol

WS

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4810 on: May 14, 2016, 06:52 AM »
      Good rainy morning from up on the hill to all ERs !  ;D  Well the boy is on his way home to CO. with a mini van full, setting real LOW !  ::)  The wife hated to see him leave this morning, me too. R.I.P. Mr. coffee, Good by old friend, I'll drink to that ! ;)2  More rain coming Sunday with SNOW Sunday night into Monday.  :%$#!: Every one have a great weekend, have fun and stay safe !                                                                      WB

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4811 on: May 14, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Good Morning ER's       WS hope you can get the blood pressure down; no need for a Emergency Room thread here as the Early Risers one is great. Eddie sorry for your loss hope the cremation goes well. IW good work by you and the wife taking on a bear. TomTurkey the 13 post was cool thanks. ES19 the cobra gps has a cracked screen but works. Scored some Daddy points yesterday had to remove old polish on my daughters feet as she thought the remover might screw up the new stuff on her hands. Just should have washed my hands when done; had cheeto's later on and licked the cheese off YUCK I guess the remover was still on my fingers from those wet cotton balls.  Have a great day to ALL

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4812 on: May 14, 2016, 07:42 AM »
Rain went away last night. Frost freeze warning for tonight. Normal for when the fruit is in bloom.

My son is turkey hunting over at the other place this morning. I did not feel up to the drive to go with him. I feel bad about that but getting old has not been nice to this old body.

Eddie The other morning our coffee pot decided to half die. The brewing timer quit working so no waking up to a hot cup of coffee right now. It would not be so bad if I could get the boss to get out of bed and turn it on before I got up.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4813 on: May 14, 2016, 08:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Looks like it could be snowing on Mindy  :o, Starting to see an even more of a verity of birds at the feeders on the deck.  Think I will chance it and put the tomatoes out in the garden.  Just hope they don't get hailed on.  Sorry to hear of the loss of Mr. Coffee   :wacko: Better hope the bear doesn't want to see the interior of the house.  That could get real messy.  Well off to what should be another busy day at the store closing.

Hope anyone wetting a line will catch one for me.  Good day all.
Bud

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4814 on: May 14, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Good morning all! High of 50 here today with lots of wind! War Bonnet, terrible weather for the opener, I don't think you missed out on much! IW, fresh veggies from the garden sounds real tasty. Those will be some good eats when they come up. Bears on the front porch in the early am will always get the blood pumping haha. RIP Mr. Coffee Eddie. According to consumer report Mr. Coffee is ranked the highest out of all of the other coffee makers. 5 years is a long time! Whopper stopper, when docs can't figure out what is causing something, the term in medical language is "idiopathic." Take that for what you will haha. I think you will enjoy those walks, always good to get out for fresh air and exercise. 

Studying all day today. Neuroanatomy and some physiology as well! Have a good day all!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4815 on: May 14, 2016, 10:28 AM »
OK Slide Enough of this medical mumbo jumbo.

Am I figuring right that you left out a letter in "idio pathic"? Was it a T?

It is all in the patients head.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4816 on: May 14, 2016, 11:01 AM »
haha no t left out! it really is termed idiopathic. Meaning no known cause! I was more ensuing the idio(t) part being applied to the doctors haha

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4817 on: May 14, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Yeah enough of the mumbo jumbo, I think I have leadhinnyology it sure seems to be dragging.  The way its going, wonder if I could camp out in the camping area  ???  Then with me snoring they would be looking for that bear  ;D  Heard there were some very nice walleyes being caught at the two day tournament in Pueblo.  Sold a Evo-1 today $195.97.  Forgot what they were to start with.

will have to catch up with the ER's in the morning.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4818 on: May 15, 2016, 04:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     Well the bear didn't make a return visit last night, at least he didn't make any noise, we took the feeder down
                at dark, and it will go back out this morning! ;D
                     It started raining here around 5pm yesterday and I still see it drizzling!  :%$#!:
                     Eddie......Sorry to hear about the demise of Mr. Coffee, :( But I bet it was a good 5 years you had with it!  :)
                     WS.....I would think you would get all the exercise at work that you wouldn't need to go for walks. ???
                     Bud......I hope you made the right choice putting the tomatoes out this early!
                     ES......I don't mind the mumbo jumbo medical stuff, maybe the rest of us can save a few $$$ now that we has
                almost a doctor on board. :woot:
                     I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out trying to wet a line!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4819 on: May 15, 2016, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
Breezy and 37* this am, high of 48 expected here today.
Jeff...glad to hear the bear didn't return last night, they can be quite bold when it comes to food. The rains started here just about the same last evening. I'd imagine we should be pretty close to catching up on the water we lacked from such an abnormal snowfall this past winter....I believe today is the last day of the fire ban that was in effect. Meant to ask you Jeff, how did things go with the neighbor after the property lines were established?
Whopper...hope everything is going well for you at the cabin and you're enjoying the weekend up there!  :thumbsup:
Bud...that was a good price on the Evo-1, believe Eskimo lists them for $329. Sounds like the water temp is comfortable for the Walters now, any plans on a next trip?
Tom...how did your son make out yesterday?
WB....hope your son is having a safe trip back to Colorado.... :thumbsup:
Well, there's a new Mr. Coffee on the counter this am, drinks on the house!  ;D
Spent most of the day working on the fireplace and pretty near completed it. Went to lay a brick and noticed something odd bulging from one of the holes in it....there was a small garden snake about 10-12" long coiled up inside it....that was a first for me seeing that....bee's are encountered more than snakes! He lived to see another day.
Some yard work to catch up on today and plans for a short trip to the stream to see if I coax a trout or two for supper tonight...imagine the conditions should be good after that rain yesterday.
Have a good day folks, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4820 on: May 15, 2016, 05:26 AM »

Good morning Eddie,
                    Everything is good about the property lines, we think he was a little over zealous in his plans! I heard him yesterday
             blazing a new trail on "HIS" property. He has some strange idea if he rides the trail at night the deer won't move and then
             they will move during the day. ??? He will just push them to other areas!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4821 on: May 15, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Good Morning early risers. I guess we will all have to check the NY. forum on My Fish Finder to see if Raquettedacker posted anything on that site about his big sales event.n fairness he is a busy man between work and being a moderator on two web sites. Still us curious folks would like to know how things went Dom. Whopper Stopper have a good time at your cabin and best of luck getting your blood pressure under control. ElectricSlide best with the medical exam .  WarBonnett  how many days does your son have to make his trip to Colorado, a lot of driving for one person. IFF good luck with the tomatoes . MR.Turkey hope your son had a good hunting trip and your area avoided any frost. Old Goat nice job helping your daughter. Be sure to drop a few Fathers Day gift suggestions in her presence . Eddie sorry to hear about MR. Coffee five years is about average for most small electric gadets. . Glad it was only a garden /garter snake in between the bricks of your fireplace. You do not need copper heads or timber rattlers by your house. May the trout be biting for you. Also you are correct the burn ban ends today . Ice Wanderer good move bringing the bird feeder in at night also make sure your garbage cans are in a secure place. Once the bear makes a few unsuccessful food searches to your property it will go else where looking for easy meals.
 Have a safe and good Sunday Everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting .
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4822 on: May 15, 2016, 06:52 AM »
34* and snowing 15 miles north of here. sounds like yoopergal might have gotten and inch or snow of the white stuff. I do not know what happened over in fruit country.

My son could not get the gobblers away from the hens yesterday. I hope today turns out better. He will only be getting one day off a week after this weekend so his time will be limited. He has until the 31st to fill his tag.

Raqeydacker made a post in the wood shop thread the other day in the off topic forum on MFF. I have not looked at the NY forum.

I do not mind the mumbo jumbo but it needs to come with an explanation of what it means for us old farts. LOL

There is a lot of property for sale around my hunting property. I stopped and told one of my neighbors if he sees new no trespassing signs on our mutual line they are not for him. They are to make any new neighbors know where they are not welcome with out permission. I have a power line easement across my 40 that a lot of people think is public. NOT

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4823 on: May 15, 2016, 09:24 AM »
Morning all! Coffee and Gillespie's Waters and Woods on the tube. Kind of an annoying guy to watch, but I like watching him because normally he fishes local fisheries. Today He is fishing Lake Havasu for blue gills. 3 to 4 pound hybrid red ears that they are lipping like bass! I guess Havasu has zebra mussels and the red ears feed on them making them huge! Interesting that zebra mussels are considered invasive, but in this case and on Lake Erie they have actually benefited the fishery. Condensed some of my tackle down for the trip. T-minus 6 days until I'm in the Great North!

IW... glad you took care of Yogi trying to get an easy snack. Don't leave any picnic baskets laying around!
IFF... that is a good price on an EVO-1!
Eddie... good luck with the trout. Tight lines

Have a great Sunday all

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4824 on: May 15, 2016, 09:53 AM »
Good Morning again, no one was on at 2:23 so didn't have anything to catch up on.  Radar showed me still some possible snow in the north country, Think I will play hooky Tuesday and join another for a morning tour of my home lake.  Anyone else planning to wet a line in this crowd this week ? 

well have to hit the ditch for another 8 hrs. at the store, good day all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4825 on: May 16, 2016, 03:19 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
34* and windy this am, high of 56 expected here today. Had a few snow flurries blowing around here yesterday afternoon like many others I was reading about...it is mid May right?   ;D.
Bud...hope your shift went well yesterday and good luck with your hooky trip tomorrow... :thumbsup:
ES...not familiar with that show, but Lake Havasu is known for some monster red ears!! Good luck with the remaining exams, and looks like 5 days on the countdown....awesome!   :thumbsup:
Tom...hope your son has better luck his next trip out and the fruit trees weren't affected too much with the cold front that went through.

Caught up on most of my chores around the house yesterday, ended up having a case of the chill's afterward....maybe ES can give us a laymans term for that one Tom.... ;D   Anyway, it was a raw day and I just didn't feel up to putting on heavy clothes to go hit the stream. Looks like the weather is suppose to gradually get back to normal this week, so maybe a short trip or two this week on the way home from work.
Time to prepare for another work week, cawfee's on....good morning for a piping hot bowl of oats.... ;D. help yourself boys!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4826 on: May 16, 2016, 03:26 AM »
Good Monday Morning Eddie!Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend whether hanging out, working, or a chance at wetting  a line. I am finally officially done splitting my wood for the year. :clap: I replaced everything I used plus about 1 ½ cords for the fire pit.

We are supposed to be in for a decent run of weather this week with highs around 70 and the promise of sun. We have a few jobs at work that we had to wait on due to wet yards; hopefully we will be able to finally get in to them.

Well I am off to the jungle with my very light lunch box. Today is also the start of trying to work on my BP. I have a feeling by the end of the week I will be digging in garbage cans and bird feeders! lol I think the no coffee is going to be a tough one and the 1500 mg of salt or less seems impossible ???

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what’s on the planner.

Keep safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4827 on: May 16, 2016, 03:37 AM »
Morning Marv,
Have a safe day and best wishes on the new diet....hope it gets the BP under control.... :thumbsup:...don't want to read about you disturbing the peace knocking dumpsters over!!   ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4828 on: May 16, 2016, 04:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie WS, ER's,
                   I see that Steve is in the house, Good morning Steve!
                   It was a nasty day yesterday on my hill, high winds snow flurries, drizzle, so I stayed in and caught up on some
               recorded shows- like Wicked Tuna, Life Below Zero etc!
                   WS......It's a tough job to cut down on the salt, it makes eating boring.  I have the same problem with my diabetes! :%$#!:
               But if you stick it out the results are rewarding! ;D
                   Eddie......Sorry to hear about your chilies, but it was probably a smart move not to go out in yesterdays weather!
                   I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out wetting a line!

IW

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4829 on: May 16, 2016, 04:51 AM »
       Good morning Eddie, Marv and all others.  Cold and rainy here, 34* snow just north of us. Not much going on here, our son should make it home today, he said yesterday was a slow go, lot of traffic on the road.  Marv, glad to hear the wood pile is set. Ed the cool weather shuts down the summer dresses ! ::)  Time for the coffee and oatmeal. :)  Have a good day all !!!  ;D                                                               WB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.