Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649359 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17490 on: Nov 05, 2019, 10:28 AM »
Good morning-afternoon everyone!

45 best of luck at the Dr. Hope he has some ideas that work.

TT the house deal fell through. Every time I made plans to meet him he cancelled. After about the 5th time I had enough.

WW glad to read the kids all had good games!

Deer are moving today but so far no bucks of any size. I intend to stay the day but the wind is brutal.

Hope you all have an excellent night.

Stay safe

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17491 on: Nov 05, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Good day, overcast sky and light wind with temperature around sixty. Still a fair amount of leaves on the tress some are bare while other still green with plenty of leaves on them.
Eddie I have also lost posts very irritating especially if it was a long one.
Ice Wanderer good to read drive to Mealworm's is not that much longer due to road closure. May the winds not blow to many leaves from neighboring woods onto your property.
Tom Turkey great to hear the bazar was a success. Don't forget your safety harness when doing tower blind repair. May the 8pt. buck your after still be around when you start hunting.
Whopper Stopper hope the winds end must be hard sitting in a swaying tree during low wind chills. Looks like the weather has the deer moving.
Icefisher-45 all the best at today's DR.visit.
Wallyworld glad the grand kids had a good weekend of sports. Sounds like you had a nice night out seeing the Blue Man group preform. May Mr. WW get a shot at a buck with similar antlers as his brother's.

If you see and read this before the polls close today remember to get out and vote. Stay safe and have a good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17492 on: Nov 05, 2019, 12:53 PM »
My post from this morning is out in space someplace.
It was mid 40's and light rain. It is still light rain.
Went to Albany with the wife for a check-up. All is good. Also dropped off and picked up Lindsay's car. She scuffed up one of her hub caps and had it repaired.
Still have to get over to the village to vote.
Have a good day....h2l

No deer yesterday..
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17493 on: Nov 05, 2019, 01:11 PM »

Whopper Stopper hope the winds end must be hard sitting in a swaying tree during low wind chills. Looks like the weather has the deer moving.

A couple years ago I about froze my parts off. I bought a Heater Body Suit and that took care of the cold.

I ditch it close to my stand so I don't have to carry it when I go out. The only problem is when I miss guess on the next days wind direction and am forced to go without it. They aren't cheap but worth every penny when it's cold.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17494 on: Nov 05, 2019, 01:30 PM »
WS.....I bought MrWW one of those suits years ago when they first came out. He absolutely LOVES it......wouldn’t go into the woods w/o it !!!!! Hope your afternoon is productive!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17495 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:20 PM »
29* this morning, warmed up to 40* by 9:00, hooked up the boat, and headed to the lake, one problem 2 weeks late, bite shut off leaving me with a skunk.  Still billions of 3" shad everywhere.  Water temp went from 50 two weeks ago to 40* this morning.  Lake was like glass, 5 other boats out and had the same black/white kitty follow them too.

Could be the last water the boat see's this year.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17496 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Good evening everyone!

11 hours sitting in my stand and I never saw a deer. For a good part of the day there weren't even any squirrels to look at.

I am going to make some supper and hit it again tomorrow. I only have 2 days left so I want to make the most of it.

Hope you all have an excellent evening. Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17497 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Good evening , Hunts2long good to hear the wife's check up was good .  :thumbsup: May the bill to repair Lindsay's hub cap not be to high. any word on when Route 30 will reopen for traffic.
Whopper Stopper figured you had the proper clothing to deal with the weather . May you see some deer tomorrow long day to sit and see no activity.
IFF nice you got one last trip in with the boat to bad you only went home with a striped kitty.

Have a pleasant evening.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17498 on: Nov 06, 2019, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear 34* this am, high of 45.

Marv...your perseverance and dedication is admirable, man, sure hope the tables change in your favor today! We’ll be pulling for you right down to the last daylight...best of luck today!   :thumbsup: :bow:
  Jeff...Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to MW...it’s my son Mikes B’Day today.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope the stand is an easy fix, best of luck to you getting that nice buck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s to the grandchildren and their teams, great job!   :clap:  Glad you had safe travels, Welcome back!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope the headaches have calmed down today, best wishes sent your way!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...irritating was a good choice of word describing losing the post yesterday....think the ones I used were up around the 90 proof range, #@%&§!!!  ;D. Got my vote in!
  H2...glad all went well for your wife yesterday,  :clap:   Wonder where the heck those posts end up?   :%$#!:
   Bud...glad you took advantage of the weather and got another trip in anyway....never know with that Colorado weather, maybe a few more before the ice sets in? 

One or two more pours and we’ll wrapped up on the area we have been working on. Tomorrow and Friday looking like inside work...rain, snow and cold moving in.
  Time to get ready for another round...Happy Hump Day, Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17499 on: Nov 06, 2019, 04:03 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 30* and clear here on my hill. Waiting to see if the guessers are right with the snow predictions. ::)
                        Eddie........Say Happy Birthday to Mike tonight for me. :clap:
                        Marv.........May you have a good outcome today in your stand. :clap: :flex:
                        H2L..........I think those post are still in your hard drive but never got in to cyber space. ???
                        I-45..........I hope the Dr. visit gave some answers to why you have these headaches. :unsure:
                        Steve........I voted yesterday and the gave me a sticker that said "I voted" with an American flag. :thumbsup:
                        Bud...........I'm sorry to read the the black and white cats wee taking over the lake. :%$#!:
                        Yesterday I did some more puttering, I was getting prepared for the snow if it comes.
                        Today I have 2 appointments at the VA, one with the orthopedics, and the other with the therapist.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or sitting in the tree stand.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17500 on: Nov 06, 2019, 04:31 AM »
34* and they are saying windy today.
Mr. Clean, I see they have the Road Closed sign turned off yesterday, so it may be open. Lindsay had "Wheel" insurance. They did a very good job. Can't see where it was damaged.

WS, I think most of us have spent many days setting and wishing for even a squirrel to come by. I would get all excited watching a mouse run around some days. One of our watches was named "Mouse Hollow".

Eddie, Happy Birthday to Mike. Where ever those post go, there has to be a lot of them.

Well, I have had my bowl of oatmeal, time to get ready to go sit in the woods.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17501 on: Nov 06, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, A little chilly this morning. 30* here. Doctors appointment went well yesterday. He changed my meds going to schedule me for a spinal tap. Feels like my spinal fluid pressure is high and will drain it to normal limits. Has done it with 8 other cases and it worked. We had lunch at a chick filet by the Doctors. My wife loves chic filet.

Hunts2long, Hope the oatmeal was good and you have a good day in the woods.

Ice Wanderer, Prayers you have a good day and get results at your Doctors appointment.

MasonEddie, Hope your able to wrap things up today. Weather Guessers could be wrong about the weather tomorrow.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck today, Hope you have a good day in the woods.

IFF, Watch our for the black and white kitties.

I hope everyone has a safe day whether their on the water or in the woods. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17502 on: Nov 06, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Good morning, light wind and sunny heading to a high in the low fifties. Weather guessers say tomorrow I will see rain which will change to snow later in the day. Depending on when the change occurs i may see one inch or more of snow. Tonight is our annual Home/property owners meeting see how many people come out there are a few seats up for election on the board of directors. Like Mr. Turkey' home owners assoc. meetings things get a little heated some years.
Eddie please pass my birthday greetings onto your son Mike. if the weather guessers are correct about the snow and then colder temperatures you and your crew will have to use some of your mason's tricks to complete concrete work.
Ice Wanderer I feel cheated did not receive a sticker after voting. I see NYS has upgraded it's voting system and has replaced the voter registration books with tablets. Best to you at the VA today.
Hunts2long my local news website had a story on how the Halloween storm washed out roads and damaged some of the hiking trails in the ADKS. part of route 30 got washed out in the Indian Lake area. Good to hear Lindsay has "wheel insurance" that covered the cost of hub cap repair. Best to you with today's deer hunting.
Icefisher-45 may the medication change and coming spinal tap provide relief from the headaches.
Whopper Stopper hope your seeing more activity in the woods today.

Have a good Wednesday . Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17503 on: Nov 06, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Morning all,

IW....best wishes with your VA trip today  :flex:  belated birthday wishes to MW  :)

Eddie.....and a happy birthday to Mike  ;) 

MrC.....hope the meeting goes smoothly with no big battles  :whistle:

H2L....good luck in the woods today   ;)2

WS.....hope things are a little less bone chilling in the woods today  :blink:

IF45.....fingers crossed the new meds help, best wishes with the spinal tap  :)

IFF.....sorry to hear the skunk was the only thing you boated  :(  at least you got out again and had some nice weather  :thumbsup:

Nice sunny day but chilly and breezy, like the other NYers looking at rain/snow tomorrow  ::)  guess it's about time to put the bike and mowers to bed for the winter  :'(
A couple errands to run today, not much else planned :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17504 on: Nov 06, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

Another slow day perched in in one of my favorite oak trees. The only bad thing about it (besides lack of deer) is I can't have my Heater Body Suit. It's a nasty climb up to a fixed stand that doesn't allow much room for slipping into it. This morning it was 17 when I left the shack, no idea what it is now, but yes it has been a cold sit. The wind just doesn't stop but luckily it isn't straight at my face.

I had a doe and a fawn come by around 10am and about an hour ago a spindly 6 trotted by. I will finish out the sit until dark, but my plan for tomorrow is to just sit for 3 hours then pack it up. I have the one job that I have to do Friday, and my wife said there were two other calls for tree work. Unless something crazy happens this just wasn't the year. My wife has been very understanding with my being gone, but I best not push it , especially with ice fishing being so close ;D

Hope you all have an excellent evening! Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17505 on: Nov 06, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not to bad of a day out. Still haven’t turned the heat on. Hopefully the Jeep will be registered tomorrow but is going to the dealer because of a wiring issue. My wife says I have bad luck. Girl at the dealership fell off her stool and was laughing when I told her what was wrong. Door locks don’t work now but when you would push the button the rear wiper would work. Other wiring issues. Not sure about some of the local garages. My head hurts to much to try and track down the issue.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a better day tomorrow. You do have a understanding wife.

WallyWorld, Hopefully your errands went well. It is sad to put the summer toys away.

Mr Clean, Did they say how much snow your supposed to get. They haven’t told us.

I hope everyone had a great day and they have a great evening with family and friends. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17506 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 34* and partly cloudy here on my hill. We are suppose to get some snow, from a trace to 4" is the guessers choice! ::)
                         I-45............My appointment went well, first was with the orthopedic surgeon. The first thing he said can you raise your arm, so
                I raised it up over my head and his eyes widened with a very pleased expression. I don't go back until next August. Then I went to the
                therapist, she is also surprised with my recovery, I no longer have to go back to her, she gave me some bands to help and a print out
                of exercises  to do at home. :flex:
                         Marv...........I hope this morning brings you a shot at the deer you're waiting for.  :thumbsup:
                         Wally..........There is a guy here that lives in my area and rides his motor cycle every day, at Christmas time he wears a Santa suit
                while riding. :o :cookoo:
                         Steve.........I hope the meeting with the property owners goes without a hassle. :unsure:
                         H2L............Well how did you make out in the woods yesterday, it turned out to be a nice day, a little breezy but sunny. ???
                         Not much going on today, I really need to putter in the basement, and maybe I should check out the snow blower.
                         I hope every one has a good Thursday either at work out out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17507 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:32 AM »
34* this morning.

IW, glad all is going well with the shoulder. By August you will be water skiing....lol

Yesterday did turn out pretty good except the wind wasn't very good. Didn't see any deer. It can only get better.

WS, hope the last 3 hours on stand are good ones. GOOD LUCK.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17508 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good morning everyone!

14 degrees with enough breeze to make it seem like +4.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I hope today is the day.

Hope you all have an excellent day! stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17509 on: Nov 07, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 34* here this morning. Weather guessers are saying we are supposed to be getting a rain/snow mix. My wife is home today. Hopefully we’ll get the Jeep registered today.

Whopper Stopper, A little chilly where you are this morning. Soon you’ll be on the ice. Hope you have a shot at a good size 8 pointer.

Hunts2long, Good luck in the woods today.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great news about your shoulder. Did the Dr lift your restrictions? Hopefully your snowblower doesn’t need much work.

Mason Eddie, Happy Belated Birthday to your son. Hope your working inside today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one to those in the woods. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17510 on: Nov 07, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....good luck with getting the Jeep registered today  :)

WS.....got ALL the fingers AND toes crossed for you this morning  :woot:

Eddie.....hope the gremlins weren't visiting this morning  :-\

IW......I was putting the trash out by the road last night and a guy went flying by on a motorcycle  :blink: came inside &  checked the temp.... 39*  :o  :cookoo:   way to go with the shoulder rehab, congrats   :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:

H2L.....MrWW isn't seeing anything in the woods yet either  ::) ::)  maybe the forecasted snow will help  :-\

MrC......hope last night's meeting went well  ;)

Nothing much planned for today, maybe do some deep cleaning in the kitchen cupboards and pantry  :blink:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17511 on: Nov 07, 2019, 09:01 AM »
The sun is out this morning after a day of snow. It looks like close to 6 inches on the deck table. The trees are all hanging with wet snow. I pulled out the snow blower yesterday but I will not need it as the snow melted down on the drive way.

I sent marv pictures of the 8 point I have on my property so he knows what they look like ;D I went back over to the property to finish cleaning up the tower blind. Dang mice had tore up a couple of magazines in the blind then hauled pieces of them out side the blind to make a nest between the shutter and the window. I still need to take a different ladder down there as the one I am using has the rungs  to far apart making it hard to climb. When I got out of the van to unlock the cable there was an 8 point standing 50 years away on the other side of the road. I could not tell if it was the same one or a different one. We have more deer around that we have ever had especially bucks. I think it is because of the rye plots as there was no acorns again this year.
Most of the materials to build a new tower are laying there. I just ran out of time this year. This one will have stairs as climbing a ladder has gotten scary.

IW Your experience yesterday with the orto and therapist just proves that you wanted to get better after your surgery. When the wife was at therapy yesterday she had a long talk with her therapist. She said that so many that come in do not make an effort to do what they need to get better unlike the wife. The therapist said that they are getting more and more patients refereed from the orto group that did the wife's knee replacement, plus another orto group from GR. They are the best around.

Steve Before we moved here I heard that the cops had to be called after an Assn meeting got out of hand.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17512 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:58 PM »
Good evening everyone!

I made it home shortly after 1pm. It was another long day on stand even though it was only 4 hours of sitting.

It looks like the 8 pointer is safe from me for this season. Rifle hunting opens in a couple weeks, still testing the waters on that idea. I may just go sit in my stand and observe.

Tomorrow I am going to do my tree job then go look at a couple others.

Next week is going to be on the cool side with single digit lows. I am probably better off shifting gears and blowing the dust off some fishing equipment.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the way my hunt went. There were 3 days that I probably should have stayed in the tree rather than going back to the shack at noon. I just didn't see the numbers this year, which is another mystery as to why.

In case I haven't mentioned it I have a wife that's one in a million. She allowed me to spend whatever time I wanted out in the sticks without hardly a whimper.

Thanks for all the support along the way from all of you, it was appreciated more than you know.

Hope you all have an excellent night! Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17513 on: Nov 08, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain yesterday afternoon turned into our first snow of the season as the temps dropped. No accumulation to speak of this morning, just a trace.    23* this am with a high of 30 today.

Marv...sorry the hunt came up short, certainly wasn’t from your lack of effort and persistence!  :bow:  Wonder what the reason was for lack of deer, to many bears in the area possibly?  Thank You for letting us tag along again this season...always very much appreciated!    Have a safe day with the saws today....get that rifle zeroed in mister, it ain’t over yet!    :thumbsup:
  Tom...sounds like you’re getting pretty pumped up for this deer season! Best of luck to you and your son, be careful climbing the ladders.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...no gremlins yesterday, just running behind....one of the dogs got out beyond the invisible fence and needed some assistance...kept getting zapped trying to come back in...Doh!   ;D
  I-45...hope everything worked out getting the Jeep on the road!   :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck with today’s hunting, temps should get things moving!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..excellent news from the surgeon and therapist...congratula tions on your progress!  :clap: :bow: 

Thank You all for the B’Day wishes for Mike, passed them on.   :thumbsup:
  Yesterday they split the crew up, half finished up on the concrete work...the other went to the Mansion to work on a paver driveway...guess who will be back on the pavers today, Doh! :%$#!:
  Time to get ready for the last shift....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17514 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Yesterday was a rainy day. Got the Jeep registered yesterday. Jeep is going into the dealership next week to see what’s wrong with the electrical. Fortunately didn’t pay that much for the Jeep. Didn’t get any white stuff during the night. 27* here this morning and not that cold inside the house this morning. Still haven’t turned on the heat.

Whopper Stopper, I’m sorry the hunt was cut short. Thank you for taking us along. Good luck on your tree job today.

Mason Eddie, MasonEddie, Hope it’s not to bad on the paver detail and the day flies by. Is Angelo on paver detail as well?

WallyWorld, Hopefully Mr WW saw a 8 pointer yesterday.

Tom Turkey, Hopefully you get the 8 pointer on your yard.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one today. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17515 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 17* with some wind this am. Colder temps for the weekend. ::)
                          Eddie.........The concrete must be winding down with the sub freezing temp.  :unsure:
                          Marv..........Your hunting journey is always something that I look forward to, I'm sorry that the deer just didn't be there when you were. :(
                 Maybe during the rifle season you'll have more luck! :flex: Have a safe day with the tree work. :thumbsup:
                          I-45...........I hope the wiring problem is an easy fix. :unsure: Some restrictions have been lifted but I still need to strengthen the muscle. :flex:
                          H2L...........These lower temps should get the deer moving, maybe this first snow will also help. ???
                          Tom...........Good luck to you and your son out hunting. :clap:
                          Wally..........I guess it was a good thing you put the bike away for winter, it's here. :woot:
                          Not much going on, I puttered in the basement while my wife went to get her hair done. Today I might get in to my fishing gear and see
                  how much it's going to cost to refit my sled.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday the day most that work are looking for. Good luck to all that are hunting and fishing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17516 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:43 AM »
21* this morning and clear. They are predicting 25/30 mph wind gust today.

WS, I enjoyed reading your hunting post. It is always nice to see lots of deer. It sure makes it easy to set all day if you are seeing a deer once in awhile.  I am not seeing much wildlife at all during my hunts. I can't explain it. No squirrels, no birds, very strange.

Eddie, last night I decided that today would be an off day for hunting. The cold temps and high winds had NOTHING to do with it....lol  Plus I have a few things to do around here. But, you never know the afternoon hunt could happen.
The Northville girls soccer team won the Class D championship for the second time in three years. They beat the team that beat them last year, Fort Ann.

Ice-45, you have the Jeep on the road yet?

Have a good day....h2l

While in the woods on Wed. I went to sit in one of my spots and found a huge white pine (4+ feet) had taken out my spot. Plus it blocked the atv trail. I will have a lot of brush next year for a new blind.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17517 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sorry to hear that 8 point stood you up  :(  I'm guessing with a few deep sighs, a far away look in your eyes now and then along with a few extra nice dinners and MrsWS will give you a green light for a few more days in the stand  :whistle:   ;)2  good luck with the tree work  :)

IW.....the bike's not up yet, guess we were hoping for one more ride  :-\  but since they sanded the roads last night it will be put to bed once MrWW is home again for a couple days   :'(  glad to hear you're going to hit the ice this year  :icefish: 

Eddie.....guessing the electric fence must not be fool proof  ???  glad you were able to get the pup back home safely  :clap:  sorry to hear you're stuck at your favorite work site  ::)   hope the job goes quickly

IF45.....MrWW said he saw two bucks yesterday, unfortunately they were near the stand he sat in the day before, not the one he chose yesterday  :pinch: :blink: :%$#!:  good luck with the wiring issue  ;)

H2L.....hope the winds die down a little for you, the sun is out here, should be a nice afternoon in the woods  @)

MrC......did you get snow or was it all rain in your area  ???

Ended up with just a dusting of snow overnight

staying cold today so guessing it's not going anywhere  :-\  still have some outside winter prep projects that need doing before Monday when the forecast is calling for 3 -5"  ::)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17518 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sorry to hear that 8 point stood you up  :(  I'm guessing with a few deep sighs, a far away look in your eyes now and then along with a few extra nice dinners and MrsWS will give you a green light for a few more days in the stand  :whistle:   ;)2  good luck with the tree work  :)

IW.....the bike's not up yet, guess we were hoping for one more ride  :-\  but since they sanded the roads last night it will be put to bed once MrWW is home again for a couple days   :'(  glad to hear you're going to hit the ice this year  :icefish: 
That's leaf blower snow!! ;)2 :thumbsup: :whistle:

Eddie.....guessing the electric fence must not be fool proof  ???  glad you were able to get the pup back home safely  :clap:  sorry to hear you're stuck at your favorite work site  ::)   hope the job goes quickly

IF45.....MrWW said he saw two bucks yesterday, unfortunately they were near the stand he sat in the day before, not the one he chose yesterday  :pinch: :blink: :%$#!:  good luck with the wiring issue  ;)

H2L.....hope the winds die down a little for you, the sun is out here, should be a nice afternoon in the woods  @)

MrC......did you get snow or was it all rain in your area  ???

Ended up with just a dusting of snow overnight

staying cold today so guessing it's not going anywhere  :-\  still have some outside winter prep projects that need doing before Monday when the forecast is calling for 3 -5"  ::)

My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17519 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. I-45 hope the spinal tap works for you. WS the buck is still there to be taken on another day. You might be able to google wi albino buck someone made a video and it made it on the news. Freezing around the clock now and the next cold snap might slap almost the whole country. I'm hoping we are on the edge of the big snow number.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.