Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650024 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17460 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Morning all,

Made it safe and sound yesterday. Traffic wasn’t too bad on the drive. MrWW had a good nap in the car  ;) 
Lots of flooding and power outages in our area of NY, things improved the further east we traveled.
Soccer and field hockey on tap today, hockey tomorrow.
Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17461 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Glad you had a safe trip Wally...best of luck to the grandkids and their teams today!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17462 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:35 AM »
36* this morning and it NOT raining or windy.
The lake came up 4 feet yesterday. Didn't get too far from the house. Lots of limbs and dead trees in the roads and RT 30 was still closed. Lights flickered during the day but never really lost power. My brother was without electric most of the day.
WW, glad you had a good trip. Enjoy the games and the time with the kids.
I don't think I will be crossing any creeks today and I hope there are still some trees left standing....lol
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17463 on: Nov 02, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

36 with rain and snow mix moving in the first part of the week.

I am waiting for it to get light enough to see, then I am going to knock off another tree job.

I plan on heading back to the shack tomorrow and spend until Thursday night up there.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17464 on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Good morning, 34 out side some frost still on vehicle roofs heading to a high of 53 but lower wind speeds then Thursday night and part of Friday. After breakfast have to go to my bank and then visit the Methodist church next door to my complex. They are having annual Holiday Boutique and bake sale picked up some Christmas gifts there past couple of years plus home made cookies and brownies.
Eddie may your son/sons have a good hunt today. You may have seen Esox_xtm's post in the What makes you Grumpy thread I agree the magazine we both purchased could use more articles/stories instead of having the 40 pages of Marine General catalog hidden inside it's covers still something to read while waiting for the season to start.
Icefisher-45 good to hear your new home is well insulated I had turned my heat down the other day because my apartment was around seventy five degrees a little chill this morning as I sit here in a T shirt and light weight lounge pants. Have a good walk if you go out once it warms up a little.
Wallyworld good to hear you are safely at Son's home and Mr.WW had a nap while you drove to MA. Best to the grandchildren and their teams in this weekend's games. I saw some pictures of the flooding in your part of NY. on my local news channel.
Hunts2long may they reopen route 30 soon glad water's of GSL did not reach your house. May your hunting area not be littered to badly with downed branches and trees.
Whopper Stopper have another safe day with the chain saw. Best to yout you when you get back into the woods.
Ice Wanderer have you started up your wood boiler yet or still just using propane or oil for heating. May all go well if you and others are finishing the roof on Magic Mike's cabin.

I see more groups and towns in my area having Halloween activities for their youth many people here make the daily commute to NYC for work so a time chrunch to eat dinner and take their children out trick or treating.  Have a good Saturday stay safe. Best to all headed for a lake/stream or the woods and fields.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17465 on: Nov 03, 2019, 02:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 31* and I got up to early, I forgot to set the clocks back.  :%$#!: Stupid concept these days, the should change the clocks
                     and leave it alone. ??? ::)
                             I-45...........My MIL is doing well, thank you for asking. She has basically gotten back to normal, she dropped using the cane and
                     cooking and cleaning like before. :flex:
                            Steve..........I haven't started the boiler yet probably today or tomorrow, the temps show it getting colder. :blink:
                            Eddie..........I hope you have some good news to report, that the boys were able to tag a deer. :thumbsup:
                            Marv...........I hope the tree job went well and you're not to worn out to make it to "The Shack", good hunting. :thumbsup:
                            Wally..........I'm gl;ad to read that you and Mr. WW had a safe trip. :clap:
                            Well on Friday our power went out at 9:35 and didn't come back on till 5 pm. Then I woke up around 12:30 Saturday morning and
                    the power was out and didn't come back on till 1:50 Saturday afternoon. :%$#!:
                            Magic Mike and I got the rest of his roof done yesterday, I didn't do much just held the roofing sheet at the bottom at the right overhang
                   while he did all the lifting and screwing. He is a happy man!
                            My wife is coming home today, she has an appointment tomorrow.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out in the woods or on some water.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17466 on: Nov 03, 2019, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning IW, ER's glad magic Mike has roofing on good job IW and whoever else helped him out. WW sounds like a rough schedule with all those games going on; hope you all had a great time. The goat scores again I found a 12 inch mage lite and little jig holder and a few misc. things for under a buck for all of them. Heading home had a detour and realized I was now only 3 blocks from thrift store so I stopped in and found a halex volleyball set with a hard plastic case 34x7.5x3 3/4 in looks like it will be a new rod case. One of the first things I found at the first store was a kids toy a small kitchen sink with 2 tubs a faucet and handles. 1 inch x 2.5 in I'll use this maybe using the sink basins to hold next 2 jigs to try I wish I could put up a pic it's cool and I could not resist bringing it home. A little warm up coming in a day or 2 then cold cold cold. Thinking I might go to MN for the Brainard Ice fishing extravaganza this year a mag had a 20.00 off early sale on a ticket. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17467 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:24 AM »
32* this morning. Very foggy.
Hunted most of the day yesterday. Did not hear a shot. The guy that hunts up on the state land in back of where I hunt did see a small buck yesterday morning. (6pt) He said it walked within 20 yds of him. A lot of small stuff in the trails yesterday. Cleaned up most of it. Not going into the woods this morning. Wife is going to cut my hair and trim my beard. When I came out of the woods last night my brother still didn't have lights but I did see some guys working on the lines that were down. Lake came up 5 feet. There are going to be a lot of docks floating that will be froze in the ice again this year.
IW, good you were able to help out with the roofing.
Eddie, the boys are having some good weather this weekend if hunting.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17468 on: Nov 03, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, OG, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 32* here this am, see some frost on the truck.. :clap:..high of 47 today.

Jeff...agreed on the time change, “ set it and forget it “,  ;D.   That sucks about the power failures, glad you’re back up and running again!  Way to go helping out Magic Mike, I’m certain that meant a lot to him getting that roof completed! Great news on your MIL, continued success with her recovery.  :clap: :thumbsup:  No tags filled yesterday for the boys, they’re both out again this morning...will keep you posted.
  OG...nice score on the goods again, that case should make an excellent rod locker!   :clap:  Enjoy the show...wish we had one like that in these parts, nothing even close.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...did see that post by Esox, thanks for the heads up.  :thumbsup:  Will be near a Hanaford Market today and take a peek at it.
  Marv...hope the tree job went well yesterday, will be looking forward to your reports from the shack!  :thumbsup:  Got a good feeling about this weeks adventures...best of luck Sir! 
  H2...that’s good news about not losing power, your area took a pretty good beating from that storm. Hope the river is on the decline now, man, that came up fast! Best of luck on the lanes tonight, better luck hunting this week!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...enjoy the games today, best of luck to the grandchildren!   :thumbsup:

Held off on the lawn chores yesterday, ground was just too soft/saturated. Later today will give it a whirl for the last time and officially retire the garden tractor for the season. Snowblower will get fresh gas, stabilizer and a good warming up..better off ready than not I guess, won’t be long till things get white again...hopefully CNN doesn’t pick up on that last sentence, Doh!   :nono:
  Breakfast with my Mom and a few family members this am, catch up to you all later today...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17469 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Will try this again. Couldn’t post last night to save my life. 36* here this morning. Insulation is working well still. Weather guessers are saying it’s going to be colder this week. My wife is home today. We’ll be taking Mr Dickens to the park for a walk after Mass this morning.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good that Magic Mike has his roof on. That’s good your mother in law is doing better.

Mason Eddie, Hope your sons have better luck today. Have a good breakfast with Mom this morning.

Hunts2long, Nobody seems to be seeing any good size bucks anywhere.

Old Goat, Sounds like you had a good day yesterday with all your finds.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17470 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

You can put me in the "leave the clocks alone club".

I am going to start loading the truck in a bit and will be Shack bound soon. Reading different hunting forums, many are commenting on how the rut and deer movement is in full swing. I hope the deer in our area are following suit, so far it has been painfully slow.

I have until Thursday night to hunt, Friday I have a tree job to get snuffed out. I tried to put it off an extra week but no luck.

The biggest problem with the coming week will be the weather. Temps around 18 for lows and highs warm enough to support rain for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17471 on: Nov 03, 2019, 09:15 AM »
Good morning, my high school football team's season is over they were defeated 20 to 16 with the opposing team scoring twice in the final two minutes of the game so will not advance to the sectional championship game. I did not get over to the Methodist church until after 1PM received a phone call from a friend shortly after posting yesterday asking if I could check on his mom she was not feeling well on Friday night. He works on Saturdays when I got to his house his mom's car was not in the driveway so gave him a phone call to say his mom was out somewhere. I picked up a couple Holiday gifts at the sale ,being later in the day cookie /brownie selection was limited did get a variety of remaining items. Ice Wanderer thank you for reminder that time/clocks changed have to set correct time on ones here and in my vehicle.
Ice Wanderer sorry to hear you had a couple power outages. I figured with this colder weather you would get the wood boiler going soon. Good to read your MIL is back to her normal self. Goodjob helping Magic Mike finish the cabin roofing.
Eddie may you not get the garden tractor stuck cleaning up your yard or discover a problem with the snow blower. Have a good breakfast with your mom.
Old Goat may your ideas for the garage sale and thrift shop items work.
Hunts2long there are still some folks in Ulster county without electric power according to news report I saw on local news website. Governor Coumo has declared states of emergencies in 11 counties and is deploying National Gaurd units to help. may your brother have his power restored today. Best to you at the bowling alley tonight. may the hunting improve this week.
Icefisher-45 have a good walk with Mr.Dickens. i assume he has some type of dogie coat for when the weather gets colder.
Whopper Stopper safe travel to the shack may you find the rut underway and see more activity this week Hope things stay dry for you. All the best with Friday's tree job.
Wallyworld hope the grand kid's teams won their games. Best to all of them today.

Have a safe and good Sunday. Best to all casting a line or hunting.
 Steve

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17472 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:32 PM »
Good evening everyone!

I made it to my stand shortly after 12pm. It was cool out but very still.

Nothing much happened until an hour before dark. I spotted a doe feeding in a swamp out in front of me. About 40 minutes later 2 others joind her and the just stood watching and listening.

About the time I was going to start winding it up I heard a bigger deer come from behind me heading towards the other 3. I know it had horns, just couldn't tell how big. As it closed in on the other 3 all I heard was brush breaking as he chased after them.

Tomorrow morning I am back to the ladder stand.

Hope you all have an excellent evening!

Stay safe.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17473 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Evening, All

Today was actually a nice fall-like day here, Temps. mid 50's, no real breeze, lots of sun, this a.m. it was a little brisk but once the sun warmed things up it was nice

Mrs. W.W. - Glad traveling was safe to Mass., hope for the same going home, good luck to the grands with their games

I.W. - Glad roofing was done safely & no injuries - Glad to hear m-i-l is back to normal, always good news

W.S. - Good Luck with the hunt

45 -Our dog, Domino has it good, just like Mr. Dickens, I walk her at least 2 times daily, some times 3 or 4, if I'm not working, that doesn't include car rides, the life
      of 'Riley'

H2L - When the lake rises like that, approx. how long does it take to go back to normal levels?

Mason - Not ready for snow just yet, just cold so we can fish, glad Angelo is working well on the job, good luck with/to him

Clean - Was kind of a crazy week last week, but it's over & a new one starting so we will see what happens

The A.C. condo owners were down on Saturday, just fell in love with what I'm doing & can't wait for it to be finished, they now realize that it takes time for things to be
      done right for it to be right, going to be a short week there, reglazing crew coming in to do the bathroom-tub, sink, wall tiles, floor tiles, going to stink like crazy from
      lacquer finish-I'll be at another job for 4 days while that is going on
Have a lead on a different truck to replace my pickup-frame is starting to rot badly, just like problem 45 had with his-3/4 ton ford van, V-6 gas, auto-went to look at it on
      the way home from different painting job today, frame is solid, just have to hear the engine run, phone call tomorrow for details
The neighbor behind our house bagged an 8 pointer Saturday bow & arrow, 144 lbs. dressed, made room in the freezer for steaks, I'm ready

Started to put hyfax on my Gliderite for this season, bought otters for the bottom from Fish 307, heated water to boiling, put them in to soften them up for bending,
     got 2 done, ran out of light outside, should finish next weekend with plenty of time for mods., more on this later

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17474 on: Nov 04, 2019, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* and calm this am, high of 47 here today.

Capt. J...that’s great news on the AC job, especially meeting/exceeding the owners expectations, excellent!  :clap:
Good luck with your other project this week, interested in hearing more on that Glide-Lite sled!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...things are starting off pretty good already on this trip! Hope you get a repeat of last evenings scenario at first light...best of luck today!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...left a few tracks here and there, but all is good....the tractor is retired!   ;D
  I-45...yes, colder temps moving in this week, may see some snow as well on Thursday/Friday. Hope you had a nice day with your wife and Mr.Dickens at the park.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels home today, hope the grandkids did well in their matches!   :thumbsup:

Got pretty much everything accomplished on my to do list yesterday, guess it never really ends, lol.
  Looking like some colder weather conditions heading this way, it’s been a long wait...for many of us anyway!  ;D
  Back to the sidewalks today, shouldn’t be too long before we’re back inside again...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17475 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 29* and clear here on my hill, cooler days are ahead. ::)
                          Eddie.........I guess they want to get as much concrete poured before the temps get to cold! :whistle:
                          Marv..........Your hunting story got my heart pumping just reading it, I bet yours was through the roof! :woot: Good luck today. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.........I started the wood boiler yesterday, it sounds good not hearing the oil boiler firing. :flex: :clap:
                          Wally..........I hope the grand kids matches/games were all on the winning side. :flex: Safe drive home. :thumbsup:
                          Capt...........Good job on the AC job, I hope the home owners appreciate that you are doing the job the right way. :flex:
                          I-45...........With colder temps on the way I hope you have a coat for Mr. Dickens> ???
                          Yesterday was my #1 sons, mealworm bithday, I went to take a card over to him and found the shortest route was closed. The road
                 going to his house winds along a brook, in one spot the road and brook are so close that there was a 10' high stone retaining wall, well it gone!
                 It will be a while before that gets repaired, engineers will have to design it and probably be put out to bid by a privet construction company. :unsure:
                          Not much going in today, my wife has a Dr.'s appointment then I am going to do leaves for the last time.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out hunting or fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17476 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:57 AM »
Morning all,

Glad to see everyone had a good weekend!! All the games went well, one tie, the rest were wins !!!
Heading home as soon as the kids leave for school.
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17477 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:40 AM »
31* clear and clam.
WW, the kids had a good weekend of sports. Safe travels.
IW, RT 30 is still closed. I saw a lot of trucks hauling rocks and gravel over the weekend. Sometimes 5/6 at a time.
Capt. Jim, as far as the lake goes: Normal at this time of year is about 759' above sea level. This morning it is 769, it came up a lot in October. On avg. it goes up and down about 20 feet a year. It can fill up pretty quick in the spring when they close the dam, in the summer it goes down 5/6 inches a day. Sept. they draw pretty hard. It all depends on rainfall, snow melt, etc. Right now I don't think they are not drawing very hard due to high water in the Hudson and Mohawk. If it reaches 771 above sea level it goes over the spillway.

We stayed in 1st place but only by 1 point. Loss 3 of 4 last night. There are 3 team within 2 point of us. Going to hit the woods after I get the garbage out. Hoping for a sight breeze and for the sun to melt the frost so I don't make a lot of noise. It is getting to that time of year when the deer will be moving more during the day.

Have a good one....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17478 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife ended up taking Mr Dickens to the park by herself yesterday. I went to church and after it felt like my head was going to explode. A little better today. They had a good time. Mr Dickens loves getting out.

Hunts2long, Thats good your still in first place in your bowling league. Good luck today in the woods.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you had a busy weekend with the grandkids. Glad their games went well. safe travels home today.

Ice Wanderer, It probably will take the state awhile to fix the wall. Happy belated birthday to your son. Mr Dickens does have more coats then me or my wife. He is far from spoiled. Lol. Prayers your wife’s Drs appointment goes well. That’s good you’ll be done with leaves for the season.

Mason Eddie, To do lists seem to be never ending. Hopefully the sidewalk jobs aren’t to bad today.

Captain Jim, Thats good the AC owners like your work and realize good work takes time. Good luck finding a vehicle. Your neighbor must be happy bagging a 8 pointer.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good day in the stand.

Mr Clean, That is to bad that the high school team won’t be advancing. That was very nice of you to check on your friends mother.

I hope everyone has a great day at work, fishing or hunting and that everyone is safe today. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17479 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Good morning everyone!

28 with white specks floating down.

I have been sitting for a couple hours and just had 3 bald ones walk by. I was really hoping there would be a buck trailing but no luck.

WW save travels to both of you on your return trip. Sounds like you had a weekend!

45 hope the headache goes away.

Time to get back to looking.

Hope you all have an excellent day.

Stay safe.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17480 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Guess my search engine did away with the Add image again

prying minds want to know what the secret to how come my hot dogs taste so good.  So I told one that I was sure would pass it on, and he did.......That to start I spit on the grill to see if its hot.....and if too hot I pee on it  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

On another note now missing two more of the "Crew", one being cashier which only leaves myself and one other for this week.
Bud

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17481 on: Nov 04, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

Rain, snow, wind, just the kind of weather to get the deer moving.

I did see a buck trailing a doe but she took a different route. I didn't get a very good look at his head gear.

I did see this 2 pointer a bit ago, he only needed 6 more pokers  ;D

Hope you all have a great rest of the evening.

Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17482 on: Nov 04, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day out today. My wife is home tomorrow but managed to make a appointment with the headache Dr.

Whopper Stopper, Nice picture, Maybe tomorrow you’ll get your 8 pointer.

IFF, Thats one way to get good hot dogs.

I hope everyone had a great day and that everyone has a good evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17483 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:40 PM »
Good evening not a bad day here weather wise Like Eddie I might see some snow on Thursday. Guess it is time to get the snow shovel and brush for the car out of storage.
Capt. Jim good to read to owners of the AC condo are happy with your work to date. I hope your not being there while the bathroom is worked on does not set up back on completing your job by Thanksgiving. All the best with new vehicle hunt.
Icefisher-45 may the headache have ended and you are feeling better. Mr.Dickens is one well cared for dog.
Whopper Stopper glad you are seeing more deer activity. May an 8 point pass by in shooting range tomorrow.
IFF think you and others will enjoy this story after retiring from active ministry in 1979 my father was serving as a supply pastor the church finally called a new pastor. This church had a yearly chicken BBQ  the new pastor was asking one of the cooks for his secret to such good chicken he tells her starting a week before the BBQ. he stops washing his hands after using the bathroom after the pastor walks away he turns to one of the other cooks and asks who was that lady. When told that is the new pastor his face got as red as the coals in the grill. May you figure out how to get add image back.
Wallyworld may you be safely home. Congratulations to your grand children and their teammates on this past weekend's play.
Hunts2long thank you for the information on GSL. How does the changing water levels affect ice fishing. Good and safe hunting to you this week.
Ice Wanderer your house should be a less noisy inside with out having the oil burner going on and off as weather gets colder. May your wife's appointment have gone well today. Belated birthday wishes to Mealworm. Hope the road closure does not create to much of a problem for Mealworm and his family.
Eddie happy for you the leaves are finished and tractor is not stuck somewhere in your yard. the rush must be on to complete the outside concrete work. How did your son do hunting this weekend.
Tom Turkey how did the VFW bazar go for your wife. may your local weather have improved and you could clean up the leaves.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17484 on: Nov 05, 2019, 02:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Lost my post before finishing somehow....to late to start over. Will catch up to you all this afternoon....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17485 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 39* and cloudy, with showers in today's forecast. ::)
                           Eddie...........That has happened to me a few time, drives me crazy. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                           Marv............Nice picture, at least you're seeing deer, patience. :whistle:
                           Steve..........It's an extra 2 miles to get to his house, not that bad. ???
                           Bud............Sounds like a skeleton crew is all that is left, I'm surprised corporate hasn't shut the doors. :unsure: I like you story you
                tell on your hot dog recipe. :roflmao:
                           I-45............I hope all goes well at the headache Dr. today. :thumbsup:
                           Wally...........Well it sounds like the grand kids did well, glad you had a safe trip. :thumbsup: Is Mr. WW headed back to hunting camp! ???
                           H2L............Did route 30 get washed out or a side road? ???
                           I got my leave all done for the year, :clap: :flex: unless we get big winds like last weekend to blow the leaves from the wood in to my yard. :%$#!:
                           Not much going on today, maybe a trip to the store.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17486 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Quick post before I head over to get my tower blind repaired  before the Nov 15th firearms opener. I was to bushed to do it Sunday after working on the house. When my son was planting an apple tree near the tower we noticed a deer had made a fresh scrape that night in clear view of the tower. He moved a camera to take pictures of it. Hopefully the nice 8 point is the one that made it.

Steve The bazar was a great success. They vendors sold a lot of stuff so they were happy. The tables brought in $940.00 for the post plus what was made by the kitchen.

Bud It sounds like they might as well shut the doors. They have no respect for those working to make you work so short handed.

marv The guy that owns M-S that you have been visiting posted pictures of a nice buck that has put a scrape under a pine tree with in shooting distance with his bow under a pine tree. It comes in from where he can not get a shot. What ever  came of your new spearing shack?

I got my toon covered yesterday. Just a little more work to get the ends closed in. Then I took the tarp off of the frame on the deck. It was so cold I could not fold it up. Hopefully I get a sunny day so I can get it folded up by laying it n the sun on the drive way.

Online Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17487 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Good morning everyone!

18 with ice covering the swamps. This morning I decided to see if the ice would support me. I have an old chisel I brought with and about 25 yards out the ice got too thin. I headed back to land and took the long way around.

No deer yet.

Hope you all have an excellent day!

Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17488 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....with those temps it won't be long before you're  :icefish:   best of luck today sir  ;)2

Eddie.....good to hear you got the final mowing/leave mulching done w/o getting stuck  :thumbsup: :flex:  from the looks of the extended forecast my mowing days may be over also, wish I could have gotten 1 more in before the end of the season  :-\

IW.....Magic must be pretty happy to have his roof done  :clap: looks like even if we get big winds the leaves will be wet enough to not blow around much  :) glad to hear the M-I-L is doing well  :clap:

IFF.....any rumors of the store shutting down  ???  guess everyone likes the "made by loving hands" touch you bring to the hot dogs  :roflmao: :sick:

TT.....glad to hear MrsTT's fair was a success  :thumbsup: :clap:  fingers crossed the 8 pt sticks around for a couple weeks  ;)

MrC......sorry to see your h.s. team ended their season early  :(  definitely time to get the scraper back in the cars  :whistle:

IF45.....hope the headache doc has some helpful suggestions today  :blink:

CapJ.....good luck with the vehicle shopping, about as much fun as a visit to the dentist  :pinch:  enjoy the little break from A.C. this week  ;D

H2L.....glad to hear your team is still hanging onto 1st place  :flex: :clap:  good luck in the woods, the change in the weather should get the critters on their feet   ;)2

Thanks for all the good wishes for the grandkid's games.....it worked, they all had great games  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:  Saturday night we all went into Boston and watched the "Blue Man Group"   :clap:  great show, lots of laughs   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
MrWW just left for hunting camp, his brother harvested a small 8 pt Sunday down there, said there's starting to be lots of activity finally :clap:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17489 on: Nov 05, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, getting ready to go into the Drs office. Thinking they might increase my new meds. My wife is concerned about that as my headaches have been getting worse and I’ve been sleeping more.

WallyWorld, I’ve heard that the Blue Man Group show is very good. Good luck to Mr WW today. Hopefully he gets a 8 pointer.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like ice fishing soon. Good luck today.

Tom Turkey, Glad the Bazaar went well and you were able to cover the toon.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good you got all your leaves picked up. Hopefully you don’t have any more blow into your yard.

Mr Clean, Hope you don’t have to do much snow shoveling. We don’t know what our landlord is going to do about snow removal.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.