Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649507 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14760 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:39 PM »
Good afternoon ER's!! Snow and below zero temps have moved out. We got about 5" of snow overnight and now the sun is out and it's 20 out. The temp is supposed to hit 58 on Monday!!!  :cookoo: Whatever the vet at the shelter gave Gandalf for his fleas, it killed them all!!! He's sleeping with us at night and is one happy little cat! I hope his sister is like he is!!  :thumbsup: I hope everyone has a good rest of the day!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14761 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, looks like the freezing trend is over.

Old Sailor when are you getting Gandalf’s sister?

I hope everyone had a great day and a good night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14762 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:59 PM »
Looks like my Add image to post is back  :cookoo: but now see another function has changed  ::)  All I did was to update Java  :unsure: :wacko:  Going to see how much slush we will be greeted with as temp tomorrow is supposed to hit 60* Hope I have some Thorpe picture to post.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14763 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:36 PM »
Good evening/early morning, Warmer on Friday high of twenty and less wind.
UFCreel best to your wife as she heals from injury suffered in her fall. Thank you for the update on things in your life.
Hunts2long good to hear your wife now is in a room with window and can take walks around her floor.
OldSailor happy to read Gandalf is now flea free hope you treat the cat tower and your bed so e does not get re -infested and you and your wife do not get bitten by the little buggers. Nice of you to adopt a second shelter cat may Annabelle be another good addition to your family .
IFF think you may have found some new fishing partners. Nice of you letting the couple try your K-drill .
Eddie good to hear local girl scouts are thinking about Albany's homeless population.
Deerfishyfishy how was the trip to Sodus.
Ice Wanderer safe journey for your wife birthday greetings to her grand daughter .What is your snow clearing back up plan for when your wife is in Vermont. Hope you showed her proper way to clear clooged auger chute.
Whopper Stopper glad your wood stove plan worked and in house wood supply lasted through the cold spell. Did you get SIL's car running. Sorry to hear wife lost a vacation day. She should tell her boss I will attempt to come to work but can someone pick me up at the bus stop and save me from possible frost bite.
Tom Turkey may the ice jam not break up all at once. Good job cleaning neighbor's driveway.
Wallyworld all the best on next fishing trip.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14764 on: Feb 02, 2019, 01:12 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Everyone,
  Just a slight NW wind this am, temp sitting at 0* as I type, high of 32 today!!   :clap:  Just checked the weather up in the Lake George area close to where we’ll be heading soon...-10* light winds and high 20’s for the day. Nothing the Big Buddy heater won’t take care of... ;D

Steve...when I read the tag, I was like wow, what a thoughtful gift of kindness! Made me think of Marvs nice gesture immediately...amazing sometimes how the little things in life have so much meaning.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...sounds like that crazy Colorado weather has returned! Good luck with the fishing, and don’t forget the sunscreen!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope things are going well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  OS...great news on Gandalf.   :clap:
  Wally...totally agree on taking care of our own here first! It’s been pretty sad lately seeing so many homeless people just trying to stay warm down at the workplace.
  Tom...way to go helping out the neighbor, I’m sure they really appreciated your help, awesome!   :clap: :bow:
  H2... glad your wife is in better spirits now with a better room....best wishes for her continue!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...got the chills just thinking about messing around outside with a car in that weather, brrr. Hope you you had good luck with it yesterday. Wonder what your wife’s employer figures would be considered bad enough weather to take the day off?  :cookoo:  She made the right choice...and  :thumbsup: for her taking care of all the supplies, that’s pretty darn gracious!   :bow:
  Jeff...we’re still undecided yet on Vets, Harris, or the other spot. Wasn’t too much info posted on Vets that I was comfortable with especially now that the snow is hiding the ridges always there. Do know I’d like a pile of perch to fillet this trip, lol.
   DFF...hope the bite was on for you at Sodus yesterday!  Understand the excitement of getting ready for the trip...my dogs woke me again before the alarm clock!   :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Was supposed to fish with two of my sons today, but the youngest decided to hit Otsego Lake with a buddy. We’ll be keeping in touch throughout the day, might be a little competition between via smart phones.   ;D
  Well, time to start getting ready...can’t wait to see that Adirondack sunrise this morning!!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14765 on: Feb 02, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Good morning, folks. Currently 4* here this morning, with a high around 30. Getting ready to get on the ice as we speak. The trout are calling! Surely I'm not the only one who gets excited about getting up at 5 AM on a Saturday to sit on a frozen lake, right? Good luck to all with whatever today brings

-lil mag
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14766 on: Feb 02, 2019, 05:42 AM »
-11 and a few clouds. May make for a good sunrise for Eddie.
Eddie and Maggot, have a good, safe day on the ice.
OS good luck with the cats.

My daughter and her BF AND "Rocky" are coming up on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl. Scout and Rocky will have their own Puppy Bowl. I will make a pot of chili. I bowl at 2pm so will be home in time.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14767 on: Feb 02, 2019, 05:58 AM »
                Good morning Eddie, lil maggot,
                          Happy Ground Hog Day, Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring!
                          It's -15* and clear here on my hill, with a high in the 20*'s expected. ::)
                          lil maggot........I hope you have a banner day on the trout today. ::) :thumbsup:
                          Eddie........I wish I could help you out on where to go, both Harris and Vets gets hammered early. Any place you you choose should give you a nice view
                of the sun coming up, take a picture of it. :flex:
                         Steve..........I did give her all the safety precautions she should take. The good thing about my blower is the auger will not turn when you let go of the handles,
                also there is a spoon mounted on the cowling to stick in the auger blades to clean any plug so you don't put your hand in there. ??? I don't need a back up plan
                I still can do it, the lessons are for after my surgery on Wednesday. :blink:
                         Wally........I also agree that we have so many here that need help before helping non citizens. :whistle:
                         Marv.........Were you able to get Jen's car going> ???
                         I-45..........Any good news on when your surgery will happen? ???
                         DFF...........How was you day out on Sodus bay. :unsure:
                         #2 son is coming over this morning to rake my front porch roof, I tried but I just don't have the strength in my left arm and I don't want to do more damage
                to it.
                        I hope everyone has a good day out on the ice, the hell with work! :roflmao:

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14768 on: Feb 02, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Neg 3 here supposed to get into the 30s today and in the 60s tomorrow.

IFF hope your leg is feeling better

Old Sailor that was very nice of you to give the kitties a good home.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the ice today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14769 on: Feb 02, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....enjoy the day with your son and the phone competition  :thumbsup: :icefish:  good luck  ;)

Lil.....good luck to you also  ;D  hope the fish are biting  ;)2

IFF....and good luck to you too sir, sounds like the CO roller coaster is getting fired up again  :woot:

IW.....glad to hear your son is going to give you a hand  :flex: :clap:  winter's a tough time to be restricted with all the different clean up projects all season  ::)

WS.....hope you got the car straightened out yesterday AND were able to maintain "radio silence" while helping MrsWS at the office  :roflmao: You made it thru January w/o hitting the dog house, no use messing that up Feb 1  :nono:  :whistle:   ;D

IF45.....enjoy the warm up tomorrow  ;)

MrC....any plans for finding some ice this season  ???

UFC.....wishing MrsCreel a speedy recovery  :)  the jail will keep on running.....just some more ot for her coworkers  ;)

H2L....good luck bowling tomorrow    :flex:   enjoy the visit with your daughter and her boyfriend   :clap:  chili sounds perfect for the game  :thumbsup:

Not much going on here today, should be on the lake but have no desire to deal with the crowds  ::) 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14770 on: Feb 02, 2019, 08:22 AM »
Headed to the 30's for a few days, then headed to normal temperatures. I will not miss the negative lows and wind chills. The neighbors got home yesterday. I need to tell him if he moves the other vehicles I will blow out the parking places.

I think I have solved my losing posts before I post them. I posted the above and then went to modify and finished posting.  ;)

OS I hope that the kitten did not leave any fleas behind to get back on the kittens when they get back home. I had a H of a time getting rid of fleas on our dogs one time. I finally had to fumigate the house to get rid of them. Knocking on wood we have not had any fleas on our dogs in a long time.

WS I gained a lot of respect for garbage men when I was doing carpenter work at a land fill. They are looked down by so many. I am careful on how I put things in the tub to the point that I freeze any liquids that would make a mess and put them in the tub just before pick up time.

We went up and got the wife's SS straightened out yesterday. I had forgot they had armed guards in their offices. I sat and chatted with him while I waited for the wife. After that we went to get a few groceries. What a zoo as people were getting out for the  first time to restock after almost a week of being stuck at home. Plus those shopping for Super Bowl parties.  Long wait to get checked out.

When we went to leave their was almost a quarter mile back up at a stop light. You could not see the lane lines so that added to it. Then their was an accident with a pickup and a car blocking the road we needed to go on to get to Lowes. I do not know why the guy with the pick up did not move it out of the way as it looked drivable. I am sure the cop would not have cared when he got on scene. I managed to squeeze between the two. When I left Lowes I could see things were still backed up so I took a back road to get out of there.

Every on have a good day either on the ice or cleaning up snow.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14771 on: Feb 02, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Looking at highs into the mid 30's later on.

Eddie good luck on the lake, it sounds like the start of a tradition :thumbsup:

IW the count down to your surgery is getting closer, I am sure you are trying to get everything you can think of done :thumbsup:

WW have a relaxing day hanging out :thumbsup: Yes I am glad to say I pulled through another January ;D I may have keep things status quo for an extra week or two but then I should be OK to unleash the dogs :roflmao:

45 keep positive Sir :thumbsup:

TT Good for you making it better for the garbage men. Both my b-i-l's drove a truck and neither one lasted a week. It was both the smell and the  consistency factor that caused them to quit. They both said never start that job in mid July ???

I was able to get the s-i-l's car started, it took a little while as her battery was pretty low. I got it in the garage and put the charger on it for 6 hours, the volt meter now shows 100%.  She is going to have it load tested this coming week as she has a few road trips for her work coming up.

The wife was disappointed on how things worked out with her cold day.  Lets just say when you work a job, your only job, and you stick with it for 35 years, a place seems to think they own you. It's too bad but that's where she is at. Her magic number due to carrying the health insurance is another 10 years. I best not comment further.

Hope you are all having a great day  :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14772 on: Feb 02, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Good Morning ER's good luck to all hitting the deck today and tomorrow. IW hope your surgery goes well and everyone else who has upcoming procedures scheduled. 32 here and welcomed. Drove by the big lake and drooled a bit as many are out today. Lost the pipe battle but damage is low and water re routed to inside drain. Have a nice weekend.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14773 on: Feb 02, 2019, 11:51 AM »
Good Evening Everyone, looks like the freezing trend is over.

Old Sailor when are you getting Gandalf’s sister?

I hope everyone had a great day and a good night.

This coming Tuesday! She has to get chipped, snipped, shots, along with a flea check/control. Gandalf is a great young cat!! Sleeps with us at night also!! I hope his sister is the same.  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14774 on: Feb 02, 2019, 12:08 PM »
No such thing as a bad day ice fishing, even when you don't catch much. In 3 trips so far, I've caught just 4 trout, but they have all been at least 11 inches, including this one from today measuring 16!

:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14775 on: Feb 02, 2019, 01:14 PM »
Nice fish LilM  :thumbsup: :clap: thanks for the pic  :)

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14776 on: Feb 02, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Hey gang,

Had a fun trip to Sodus yesterday. Got there at 7am and hiked out of 3rd creek to 35 feet of water. Got the hub set up, drilled some holes, and went to work. Had a pretty slow bite as far as Sodus perch go but still landed close to 100 fish. Ended up with 21 keepers over 8 inches with a few nice 11+ inches. I was the last one off the ice at 6pm and got home at 8:15. Got to play with my Eskimo Fatfish 949i for the first time and it didnt disappoint. I stayed plenty warm with the buddy heater on low even though it was a high of about 12* with light winds. I also got to try out my Milwaukee/Clam Plate/Lazer with new blades combo and it was amazing! I could cut through 11 inches of ice in about 4 seconds. I also treated myself to a Radioactive Pickle combo which is a Tickle Stick UL rod paired with a freefall in line reel. I'm not sure if it was worth the high pricetag but it was definitely fun to use and the trigger operated reel was very handy. I upsized my bait from fatheads to shiners and that seemed to help fend off some of the dinks. The Vexilar was marking fish all day long, there were just a lot of lookers.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Congrats to those who have caught fish, good luck to those who are trying to, heal up and feel better to those having health troubles, and stay warm and safe everyone!

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14777 on: Feb 02, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Congrats Deere  :thumbsup: :clap: :icefish:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14778 on: Feb 02, 2019, 05:41 PM »
 Made it out on the slick slush, Had to lay my bike down, that's my story and I am sticking too it.  Real brain fart, forgot the Vex, and couldn't find my bait puck  ::) :whistle: Made a mad dash home, to get them, and put a new tube in the front tire.  Then when taking off my bibs out rolled the bait puck from the Leg. ::)  Fished blind till 9:00 that's when the perch bite ended, got back out at 10 but the on thing that showed up were the slimeballs that rolled in.  Oh yeah counted 52 heads that got out after the good catching days.

So much for a hot spot, gave up at 1:00 so to make it home in time for the Jayhawk's game.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14779 on: Feb 02, 2019, 11:08 PM »
Let me try again just lost my internet connection and post.
Eddie hope you had a good day at Lake George and your youngest son and his buddy also had a good trip to Otsego Lake.
Lil Maggot congrats on the trout thank you for posting the photo.
Hunts2long best to you and your team with the bowling. Enjoy watching the Super Bowl with your daughter and her boyfriend.
Ice Wanderer nice that your sons live close by and can help with projects at your house.
Tom Turkey good to hear your wife's Social Security problem is now corrected.
Whopper Stopper good work with the SIL's car. Smart idea have the battery load tested before she does her road trips for work.
Old Goat any way to put some type of heater near the problem pipe.
Deerfishyfishy thank you for the photos. Glad all your new gear performed well enjoy the perch.
IFF hope you and the bike are alright. Good you found the bait puck ,how far is the lake from your home.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Enjoy the Super Bowl if you watch it. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14780 on: Feb 03, 2019, 04:24 AM »

Good morning Steve, ER's,
                              It's 25* and cloudy here on my hill, what a difference a day makes. ::)
                              Steve.......It sure is nice having my sons around, it works both ways, we help each other. :thumbsup:
                              Lil Maggot.......Nice Trout, is that the only fish you target? ???
                              DFF..........Looks like you had a nice day out, it's always fun trying out new gear. :thumbsup:
                              Wally........I'm like you I stayed away from fishing on weekends for the same reason, it's great being retired so we can do that. :o
                              H2L..........I hope you have many strikes bowling tonight. :flex:
                              Bud..........Heavy slush not my favorite condition, did you use the bike? ???
                              Warmer weather is here for a few days but it's not the end of winter, everyone enjoy it while you can. :clap:
                              Not much going on here, my wife is hinting about staying at her sons for the game then come home tomorrow. Both are diehard
                     Patriots fans so it's fine with me.
                              I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice. Enjoy the game tonight if your watching.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14781 on: Feb 03, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 29 degrees so far. Supposed to begin the 40s today. Wife is home today so able to go to church this morning. Hard adjusting to having one vehicłe. Have never not had a truck.

Hunts 2long good luck with the bowling

Iff Hope the lake isn't to far from your house.

Deer fishy and lol Maggot looks like a great day on the ice. Beautiful pictures thank you for sharing.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14782 on: Feb 03, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Good morning everyone. Coffee is on. Well the Derby we fished in didn't go as planned. My partners truck was in the shop so i had to go pick him up and drop him off at the derby. In my wife's Suv. Then drive back home and pick up the oldest's boyfriend. I had loaded the ranger up the night before and it would not hold anymore gear or another person. Get to the sight of the derby and register. They raised the entry fee from last year to $20 per person from $15. As i paid for the daughters boy friend i had to go home for more money. Okay get that worked out. Then head out on the lake. We did not fish my normal areas due to last years failure to even get a flag. So off to new spot that my partner and his grandson did real well last year. Are we there yet? Drifts of snow made walking and pulling fun for all of us. So drill some holes when we got there. Dropped a depth finder down 2 fow. Yikes. So hike out farther. Now this is my home lake and i thought i knew it pretty well. Finally find a 6 fow hole area. As the lake is a shallow lake. Drill a bunch of holes set the tip ups and wait. From 7 till 10:30 no flags. adjust depth of our roaches and check them all. Flag. Since it was the daughters boyfriends first time ice fishing we yell Nick get it. The 21 year old kid ran like a deer. Pulled the tip up out, line going out. Gently set the hook and pulled in his first Pike at 29 inches. Called the folks running the derby to see if it was worth the hike to register it. Nope. 30.75, 30.50 29.50 were already registered. So i ask the kid do you want it? Nope. I said well i have a guy who does do you mind? Nope take it. 3 more flags followed two were hit and runs. and mine was on till i set the hook. derby ended. After all was said and done Nick thanked me and my partner for a good time. Said he wants to go again. So a win right there. Thanks for all the good wishes on my wife's healing of her foot. The jail seems to be running well. From all we have heard. Lol! Hope everyone has a great day
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14783 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Steve, Morning Everyone,
  27* on the Hill this am, high of 42 today.

Jeff...what a difference a day makes is right, wow! Knew the temps were going to drop a little more before it started to warm up yesterday am, didn’t expect the winds that came with them. 5-10mph was what I saw on the app, more like 15-25 steady, lol. Conditions weren’t the best, but we had fun...went back to the spot. Hope the snow removal went well, glad your son was there for you, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...not the best day numbers wise for us or the youngest and his buddy, but we all caught some!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...I once made it to the lake with everything but my boots before, rarely wear them driving. Hope there was no problems after laying the bike down.... ;D.
  DFF...excellent report and thanks for sharing all the pictures, beautiful shots! Awesome set up, glad the hub worked out well for you....great job on the perch!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...understand about taking the weekend’s off, yesterday was crazy with all the weekend warriors like myself, lol. Looking forward to joining the retirement club one of these days and not worrying about a parking spot!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad you got the SIL’s car up and running again, good man! Enjoyed the messages with you yesterday out on the ice, made for a great time and a few good laughs.... :clap: :thumbsup:
  LilMag...way to go on the trout!!  :clap:  Turning into a slayer out there, keep up the good work buddy!   :clap: :bow:
  OG...sorry to read about the plumbing battle, hopefully that problem won’t be an issue again this year!  Hope you can get a chance to hit the lake this season Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...Thank You for the tip on posting...I’m certain that will come in handy!   :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck with the bowling today and enjoy the chili with the game!   :thumbsup:

We made it to the lake earlier yesterday than our last trip by about 15 minutes, and thought we’d beat the crowd we knew would be coming...not, lol. Almost every spot was taken except one, and we had to shovel some of that out to get in.
  Like Jeff mentioned, the temps were in the - teens when we arrived, and the snow that was present was a bear to pull gear through, lots of slush on the bottom....but we took our time and it wasn’t so bad. Mike shoveled off a spot that would fit our hub comfortably and we went to work setting up, drilling our jigging holes, and getting the heater fired. We both had steam coming off of us from the drag out, and although it was cold, we both had to shed our jackets from overheating.
  Took a few minutes to get the Buddy heater fired up, of course I forgot my grill lighter and the tiny spark from the heaters starter wouldnt work...but, toilet paper ‘ wiped ‘ out that problem after the 2nd try!!   :clap:  Looking back towards the shore and the road we came in on, it seemed like a never ending amount of headlights...glad we got there when we did!
  Drilled our holes and set 8 tipups, then settled into the warmth of our shelter and waited for the sunrise to unfold. The slush surrounding us wept water continuously into the floor area, before long we had over an inch of water laying under our feet. Maybe shoveling wasn’t the best thing to do... ;D...live and learn, it’s happened before. We shoveled  a gang of snow around the base to help from freezing it in.
  The sunrise was pretty but it was kind of hazy in the mountains early am...but absolutely beautiful in its own way. The morning bite was fairly slow, although it wasn’t from lack of fish...we were sitting on top of plenty. Lots of chasers and quite a few misses. Mike caught the first, last, and biggest lakers of the day and 2 keepers almost identical, 23 1/2’’. I only landed one short guy, missed my share, but had the biggest smile taking it all in and watching my son put the whooping on me again!  ;D
  No double digit day landing the Lakers this trip, but that didn’t matter...we had a great time! Scrambled eggs never tasted better for breakfast, Mike’s venison and rice for lunch, and the beauty of being surrounded by the Adirondack Mtns. on a day off from work sitting in a shanty....priceless!  Can’t wait to get back and do it again!   :thumbsup:
   Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing !

Morning UFC, I-45...
  UFC...great story, wow, lots of hurdles!! Glad you made the best of it, and that’s great news on your starting off a new icefisherman...hope you guys have many more trips ahead!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...good luck with the Pats today!   :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14784 on: Feb 03, 2019, 08:09 AM »
28 with some light freezing rain.
I hope everyone gets lots of strikes this afternoon so we can be home before the game starts.
Eddie, good report on your fishing trip. Glad you had a good time and at least caught a few.
I got the snow blown off the deck yesterday. Scout is happy, also blew a path for her to get further out on to the yard. She likes some room to run.

One of the wife's cultures came back with a "fungal infection" so they put her on a new med. It shouldn't prevent her from coming home as she has a new PICC line so she can do it here. It takes about 2 weeks for infections like that to show up after they take the culture so the meds she has been on may have already cleared it up. They don't want to go into the lung again so doing the meds to make sure. She is feeling real good and going for 2 or 3 walks a day. She told me she wants to learn more about "football". She is getting bored....lol
Time to put some chili together and pop some cornbread in the oven..

Have a good day and enjoy the big game...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14785 on: Feb 03, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Steve, Jeff fisher-45 Yes the slush and already traveled spots had refrozen and had ruts.  Every thing turned out fine, drive time to that lake is about 20-25 minutes from home. So the trip home, changing the tube cost me little over an hour.  Still got a nice batch of perch for taco's though.

Not much on the plate today cept a stop at the grocery store and taking a peak at the Super Bowl.

Ugh....47* heading to upper 50's with a bit of wind.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14786 on: Feb 03, 2019, 02:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

+36 with a heavy fog mist here this morning. Tonight a temperature drop with ice rain, it looks like early morning rush hour will be a slow go.

Eddie glad you and Mike had a good time yesterday :thumbsup: Sorry to read the bite was off but It certainly seemed you two were making  the most out of it :clap: I enjoyed reading the recap of the trip :thumbsup:

h2l best wishes sent to your wife :thumbsup:

IW enjoy the game today! I will probably text you along the way to make sure you are awake :thumbsup:

WW We took a ride around several lakes here yesterday and to put it mildly they were freaking nuts :cookoo: Hope you are able to get out after the weekend. :thumbsup: Did you make any Super Bowl treats for Mr. WW ?

This morning at 6:am I got a call from a lady down the road a ways that her steps to the house were all ice and her sidewalk was all ice. She was scared of falling and was wondering if I would put some salt down for her. She hung up rather quick so I took her name from caller ID and looked her up on line to get her address. I went over there and found the salt by her steps and sprinkled it on the problem spots. When I was about done she came walking out wondering who I was and why I was putting salt down ??? When I told her she had called me she started laughing, telling me she thought she was calling her son. She said she wondered why I didn't tell her to do it herself because she knew that's what he would have told her. Anyway talk about a crazy deal :roflmao: She wanted to pay me and I asked if she had coffee on, which she did, so I settled for 2 cups. What a way to meet your neighbors.

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon-evening. Enjoy the game if you watch, stay safe :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14787 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Good evening ,I'm not that into football so watching other programing and checking in on the game periodically.
Ice Wanderer it is nice to have a good relationship with family and be there to help each other with projects/problems. safe journey for your wife if she did not come home today.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear you have lost your truck . Have you received any word on if you can start your surgeries.
UFCreel wish you and your group caught more fish after all the effort to get to the derby and find deeper water. Nice of you to let daughter's boy friend land the fish and getting him started in ice fishing. May all of you catch more fish on the next trip.
Eddie from what I've read here on I.S. in the Lake George BS thread and been told by I.W. parking is a problem. Guess many people were itching to fish after the bitter cold weather. Good to hear you had a nice day even if fishing was slow. Best to you and your sons on your next outing.
Hunts2long guessing it is a constant  battle for your wife to stay healthy given her compromised immune system. May her previous medication and the new medication  get rid of the fungal infection . May she be discharged soon and get to stay home for an extended period of time. Sure Scout is happy to have more snow free room to  enjoy when outside. have a good evening with your daughter and her her boyfriend. How was the bowling this afternoon.
IFF glad the lake was close to home and congrats on the perch. Enjoy the tacos.
Whopper Stopper very nice of you to help your neighbor especially when called so early in the morning.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: Definitely a different way to meet a neighbor.
Wallyworld hope all is well see you did not post today.

Have fun watching the Super Bowl may it be a close game and not a one sided blow out like some of the previous ones.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14788 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Congratulations to all the Patriots fans out there!   :thumbsup:
  Calm and 38* this am, high of 42 here today...will have to wait until this afternoon to take advantage of it.   ;D

Steve... I’m not much into football either, especially after all the National Anthem kneeling nonsense. The SuperBowl is about the only game I watch anymore, only wish it was played on a Saturday instead of a work night.   ;D. Thanks for the best wishes, will pass them on to the boys!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...what a strange way to meet a neighbor, lol. Wtg helping her out though! :clap:  :bow:  Any fishing trips in the planner this week?
  Bud...how were the tacos? Best of luck with the fishing if heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  H2... glad your wife is feeling better and getting her walks in, excellent! Hope she will be back home soon, best wishes continued.   :thumbsup:  How was the bowling?
  Wally...best of luck to you and Mr.WW today if you’re heading out, beautiful weather.   :thumbsup:

Back to the terrazzo again today, but my mind will be elsewhere, lol. Going to hit the local lake after work and see if I can find some perch.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14789 on: Feb 04, 2019, 04:30 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 38* and mostly cloudy here on my hill this morning. ::)
                          Eddie.........I agree abut the Super Bowl, they should either play on Saturday or at least move it up an hour or two so the
              working man can watch it and still get a good nights sleep.  ???
                          Steve........I've always taught my sons that family is an important element of life. When you need something family will always be
              there when needed. We all help each other! :flex:
                          Marv.........Sure was a strange way to meet a neighbor, your phone number and her sons must be one number off for her to miss dial
              yours. :unsure: How come we still say dial when we punch numbers in. lol :roflmao:
                         Wally..........Today should be a good day to go fishing, i hope the snow ice conditions are favorable. :thumbsup:
                         My wife decided to come home yesterday and stopped and picked up a couple of subs from a local deli, The Meat Store Of The North in
              Warrensburg. They make the best subs. :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:
                         Not much going on here today, everything seems to be caught up around the house, just waiting for my surgery on Wednesday. I'm sure
              I'll be in some pain afterwards but I hope it's a lot different pain than I've been having. ???
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.