Author Topic: HELP post conditions.....  (Read 198 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
HELP post conditions.....
« on: Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Come this time of year when the hard stuff starts turning soft...I believe we should help each other and post some reports on the conditions page in your local (regional) area.  I know I look often during early ice.....but I will start posting now as well after each trip (just to help out those who might want to still venture out).  Lets help each other be safe.  Good luck guys  ;D
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: HELP post conditions.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2014, 11:28 AM »
You're preaching to the orchestra!

We tend to go through this every spring.

I will post conditions on whatever pond or lake I was on, without giving away where I fished on that pond/lake.
Unfortunately there are some who won't give any indications on ice conditions, leaving  you to find out for yourself.

I have even gotten the same responses even when I inquire about a general town, county or region.

Luckily there are many more helpful souls compared to the selfish ones, so you should be able to get some kind of assistance in your quest.

Just keep in mind that "The Lord helps those that help themselves." Be prepared to do some checking on your own.
Better yet, plan to make it a day's quest, and have a list of waters you would like to fish, but check each one first before venturing out.
That way you can take a little road trip, enjoy the scenery, and get a little fresh air in the same day!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: HELP post conditions.....
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2014, 11:35 AM »
I post in the conditions threads, but most guys do not even bother. A lot just post up in the general section for each state and sometimes it gets moved.

I understand why guys are reluctant to post up and most on here will say the same cookie cutter response of "don't trust what is posted up, go find out for yourself". While I understand that, it would be a little helpful to know generally, what the conditions on a certain body of water.

I post up a lot and I have never once given up my spot, not that I would care if I did.

My advice would be to bring your spud and have your spikes around your neck just in case. This is fresh in everyone's mind at first ice, but ice out, sometimes guys get careless or absent minded.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.