The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: New York....where I stand  (Read 1379 times)

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
New York....where I stand
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Well, now that ice is forming hard here in Maine...I decided to pay a visit to my old wintertime hangout. Iceshanty is a place where I have learned many new tips and ideas and shared some cool stories. It wasnt until recently that I have stumbled upon this Maine vs. New York idea. Thought it was interesting. I dont know how or why it started, but reading these posts I am laughing to myself. Now, being a full blooded Mainah, I always tend to laugh at my New York friends here at college and their "flatlander" ways. He drives like an idiot, hunts like a bastid, but can't icefish to save his life! There are def. Mainers like this too however. But, what really kills me here is the hostility especially from this Hood guy. Seems to get really defensive about this stuff. Beats me, maybe it's little man sybdrome, I dunno, not going there. But, where I am coming from, Maine cannot be beat when it comes to ice fishing. Now I know the Yorkers have some very nice country, m buddy lives in the most south western county, its awesome. But Maine....geez maine, Rangely, Allagash...the "County"!!! These places cannot be beat fellas. Yorkers can keep their browns and perch....I dont care. Here in Maine, we got it all! Browns, Salmon, TOGUE, thats right TOGUE, Rainbows, Cusk, Bass, Pike, Muskie, Perch for those who care, Crappie, Pickeral, BROOKIES, man I love Maine. And for the guys in New York, before you start telling me to go to first grade again....why dont we have a little competition? I say we get a folder going of Maine vs. New York. We can tell than who rules the Northeast during the hardwater season! I mean, for such talented ice fisherman, this should be no problem? Right Boys?
There's no such thing as a "Bait To Big"

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New York....where I stand
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 10:56 PM »
Hey, I mean no harm...if I am coming across as hostile please let me know and I will tone it down, and if it chaps your ass that bad, ill remove it no problem.  This whole rivalry thing is fun and games...thats how I am trying to keep it. I think theres a lot of anxiety built up because the tourney doesnt start til Jan 1. I know damn well you guys dont need to go back to first grade or any stupid stuff like that. BUT please realize one thing about your list of fish that makes maine so great, we got all of those in NY too. The folder idea is great, i believe a system has already been worked out whereas points will be awarded for fish from their respected states....i think thats what led to all the trash talkin and challenges in the first place....it will not be a problem ruling the northeast this season, its a shame theres no salmon category. HECK, lets have one between the states! What do ya say...18", 20" minimum?? One point per inch?? half point per inch?? 3 point per fish?? lets come to an agreement here.

Offline sounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:54 AM »
Well, now that ice is forming hard here in Maine...I decided to pay a visit to my old wintertime hangout. Iceshanty is a place where I have learned many new tips and ideas and shared some cool stories. It wasnt until recently that I have stumbled upon this Maine vs. New York idea. Thought it was interesting. I dont know how or why it started, but reading these posts I am laughing to myself. Now, being a full blooded Mainah, I always tend to laugh at my New York friends here at college and their "flatlander" ways. He drives like an idiot, hunts like a bastid, but can't icefish to save his life! There are def. Mainers like this too however. But, what really kills me here is the hostility especially from this Hood guy. Seems to get really defensive about this stuff. Beats me, maybe it's little man sybdrome, I dunno, not going there. But, where I am coming from, Maine cannot be beat when it comes to ice fishing. Now I know the Yorkers have some very nice country, m buddy lives in the most south western county, its awesome. But Maine....geez maine, Rangely, Allagash...the "County"!!! These places cannot be beat fellas. Yorkers can keep their browns and perch....I dont care. Here in Maine, we got it all! Browns, Salmon, TOGUE, thats right TOGUE, Rainbows, Cusk, Bass, Pike, Muskie, Perch for those who care, Crappie, Pickeral, BROOKIES, man I love Maine. And for the guys in New York, before you start telling me to go to first grade again....why dont we have a little competition? I say we get a folder going of Maine vs. New York. We can tell than who rules the Northeast during the hardwater season! I mean, for such talented ice fisherman, this should be no problem? Right Boys?
EVER HERE            OF THE ADIRONDACKS nothing flat about that. BIGGEST mountains in the NE.

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:41 AM »
UNITED...thats where we ALL stand...some just Fish BETTER than others!  :o

mainegator

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:42 AM »
Hood,  you're a good sport...I'm not offended by anything you say and the banter is most enjoyable.  STAND your ground baby, don't let us get the upper hand.....   we just might win  :o :o

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing- what i live and die for
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Ive been reading all the posts about maine vs new york.  Its pretty funny.  It doesnt seem to be getting out of hand.  From what i can see,  if we are all addicted to this web site like i think we are, then we are all pretty good ice fisherman.  The compition stands between the resourses from the two states.  If our resourses are better than we should win, and vise versa.  My two cents

Offline ilikepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if the fish arnt hitting eat venison
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:42 PM »
tell me what is the maine state record for pike?
hows your big fat sucker

Offline ilikepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if the fish arnt hitting eat venison
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:45 PM »
ADIRONDACK MNTS I REST MY CASE ;D
hows your big fat sucker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.