The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pike  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Catyjigs

• IceShanty Rookie
Pike
« on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:37 PM »
How's every one doing with the pike fishing this year? This has to be the worst winter for me so far I've tried the gut, holiday harbor the sandbar just seems like no matter where I go it's the same, real slow fishing and small fish, where'd all the fish go

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
Re: Pike
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:33 PM »
I thinks its picking up. between 3 of us we caught 45 pike, best day for numbers we have ever had. lot of small ones 20 to 24in. but 10 over 5lbs big one was a beauty 13lb. Great day, terrible wind
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline Catyjigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2014, 07:08 PM »
Nice lot better then we did today, most of our flags were hit and drop. Fished up in north hero and the wind was brutal

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2014, 07:34 PM »
hit and drop in my opinion are almost always perch flags
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Fished the gut the last 3 days and hammered the pike! Wind was tough but flags flew all day. Many pike over 30inches for the trip, biggest was 39", 15lbs!

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Where are the pike pictures?I visit your site,now in maine. Fished for pike last Feb at Birdland and Grand isle state park.Gut the big skunk in 2 days, got some flags in Alburg near pumphouse but none landed. My folks sometimes accidently get a pike with bibbet when jigging for perch. Not lookin for your honey holes Just pike pics!🐟🎣

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2014, 12:29 PM »
I'll get a bunch on tomorrow, my laptop is at work and too much of a pain to do with phone

Offline shadylane

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:08 AM »
Nice lot better then we did today, most of our flags were hit and drop. Fished up in north hero and the wind was brutal

I fished North Hero saturday morning too.  6am-noonish, 3 flags all day 2 of which I think were wind triped.  landed one 18" northern.  Probably my worst day of pike fishing in years.  I heard other people had an amazing day saturday so who knows.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.