Author Topic: Vexilar flx 28  (Read 5648 times)

Offline tman

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar flx 28
« on: Feb 19, 2014, 06:47 PM »
Hello guys found a real good deal on a flx 28 just wanted some reviews from guys that have had them out on the ice. I currently have a fl18 so would like to hear if you think it's worth it to upgrade and any good and bad things about it.    Thanks

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Vexilar flx 28
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Looking to purchase one. How about a tip on the "really good deal". tnx in advance! ;D

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Looking to purchase one. How about a tip on the "really good deal". tnx in advance! ;D

Lol
KCCO

Offline tman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:50 PM »
A guy I know has one and decided he wants the ultra pack instead the one I could get is a pro pack only been used once for 520

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:59 PM »
I up graded this year from a fl-22 , I really like it. It's brighter & more crisp than the 22. The didgital depth is a big plus, I'm really happy with the 28.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2014, 10:05 PM »
I'm wondering where you can even find one let alone on sale ?? I haven't seen one on the shelf around Iowa since Christmas  . Buy it I love mine . It works great for me
Never to many short poles

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Don't listen to these guys!They suck!Now just pm me the details and I'll make sure that miserable piece of electronic aggravation stays in my ice hut and out of your hair!! ;D lmao

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2014, 10:50 PM »
Jumbo Scheele had 2 and fleet and farm had 1 last week.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:22 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Do it!

I'm VERY happy with mine.  Replaced my 18 with a 22 and replaced the 22 with the 28.  MUCH better flasher than either in just about every way.  You'll love it.

Q

Offline WiMeatHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:45 AM »
You wont be disappointed with the 28. I have progressed from the 18 to the 22 to now the 28. What a BIG difference in technology. Once you get the 28 and start to learn all that it has to offer you will be VERY happy you made the investemnt. I know I am!!!
WiMeatHunter

Offline tman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys

Offline Corey Bechtold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:37 PM »
The FLX-28 is an interesting machine.  I've used all of them and they all have been good.  Some of the things I've liked so far have been the color selection.  I've been running the third setting which adds a "white" which is the strongest signal.  It helps finding differences in bottom content and sometimes size of fish targets as well!  It also has a Weed Mode which can be a game changer.  I still find myself using the "Low Power" mode more because I am more familiar with it.  Also the center display has been awesome.  No more math!  lol   Another big plus has been the ability to view the screen in direct sunlight!!!  Very impressive!  The standard Pro View transducer is also a plus.  If you wanted to simply add that transducer to your 18 you could.  It totally changes the performance.

All in all it's up to you if you want to pull the trigger (if you can still find one).  I'm happy with mine and am still learning a lot every time I get out fishing with it. 

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:28 PM »
I totally love mine it's big improvement over anything I've used so far and I started out with the FL8 when hole hoping the auto setting is great

Offline WiMeatHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:32 AM »
The FLX-28 is an interesting machine.  I've used all of them and they all have been good.  Some of the things I've liked so far have been the color selection.  I've been running the third setting which adds a "white" which is the strongest signal.  It helps finding differences in bottom content and sometimes size of fish targets as well!  It also has a Weed Mode which can be a game changer.  I still find myself using the "Low Power" mode more because I am more familiar with it.  Also the center display has been awesome.  No more math!  lol   Another big plus has been the ability to view the screen in direct sunlight!!!  Very impressive!  The standard Pro View transducer is also a plus.  If you wanted to simply add that transducer to your 18 you could.  It totally changes the performance.

All in all it's up to you if you want to pull the trigger (if you can still find one).  I'm happy with mine and am still learning a lot every time I get out fishing with it. 

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold
The weed mode is amazing!!! A couple weekends ago I was fishing for gills in a weedy area that was 4-5' deep. I tried LP mode but still had quite a bit of clutter. I powered down and switched on weed mode and BOOM clutter was gone and all that remained was my jig and gills!!!
WiMeatHunter

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2014, 12:55 PM »
I've been fishing mine all winter.  Nothing I don't like better than my previous FL20. 

I did keep my older Dual Beam 'ducer and sold the ProView with my FL20.  I did try the ProView.  It worked ok, but I like the traditional way of operating these flashers. 

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:09 PM »
I really like the proview it just took me a while to learn the tricks on how to use it to the best of its ability then once I figured out how to use it after the third time on ice I totally love it .  I had it out yesterday and caught 119 gills 8-10" and 4 crappies 10-12" the fishing has been awesome lately . Totally fast and furious yesterday the 28 worked flawless

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.