Author Topic: Williams Fork ice, snow, & slush conditions  (Read 594 times)

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Williams Fork ice, snow, & slush conditions
« on: Feb 19, 2014, 02:55 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any recent information of thicknesses of all forms of liquid.

I went up there at the beginning of January and caught fish(4 between 2 of us) and missed quite a few others on the standard white tube with suckers meat and 1/4oz red/gold kastmaster without meat. If anyone has any additional lures that work, I'm all ears.

There's a group of us headed up there this coming Sunday if anyone else would like to join, let me know and we may have some room for you to jump in. Not 100% yet on who all is going and driving what but thought I'd throw it out there.

We're aiming for the east ramp cove area but again, if anyone has good information on the west side, I'd appreciate it. I think it's relatively shallow over there correct? I fished the inlet area 4 years ago and landed a small pike (23") in 6 fow when the water was much lower than now.
Selective harvest works!

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Williams Fork ice, snow, & slush conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2014, 09:19 AM »
In case anyone was heading up soon and wondering about the conditions:

Ice was 22" total with the top section being about 5" then a weird 1" gap of water layer with some slush then the remaining 16" of clear ice
snow was a wind blown and crusty 1-2" so it was an easy pull
Wind was constant 5-10mph all day long gusting to 20mph but we had huts.

Our group of 5 caught 36 lake trout mostly before 11am. Sizes ranged from 16-24" with most right at 19" One buddy kicked all our asses and landed 15 on his own which was as much as the next 2 combined but we all caught fish. He won the pot for first, most, and biggest. Then the bite changed to a more subtle, tricky bite. At first light, they were hammering just about any lure we threw down the hole.

We went in search of pike in as shallow as 7fow but we didn't find any.

Overall it was a great day catching fish but the great friends and tons of laughs made it memorable!
Selective harvest works!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.