Author Topic: where to fish  (Read 180 times)

Offline burck17

• Team IceShanty Regular
where to fish
« on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:05 PM »
Gonna go ice fishing tomorrow... should I go to one of my usual lakes or take a risk and try something new? The new lake is a trout lake while my usual is basically a pike lake... I'm really dying to try trout fishing through the ice, but a good point was brought by a friend who reccomended maybe try the new lake on late ice when the bite is better in general... also almost nobody fishes this new lake and its normally not accessible during winter because the snow depth but this year we don't have much snow yet, point being I can't just cheat off other peoples spots lol. Any advice on what you would do... also I don't fish with electronics so locating fish is more difficult for me than others maybe

Offline ColdHole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: where to fish
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Fish it man!  If you wanna try something new, go for it.  Even if you only catch one fish, it'll be worth it.  Any day that can be enjoyed on the ice is a successful day in my book.  Good luck!

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: where to fish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:23 PM »
You can't go wrong. I would go for the pike lake at this point. Not sure about you, but this Sunday is pike season close in MN. Next week it is new lakes for sure.
-Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.