Author Topic: Another Crappie Day!  (Read 959 times)

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
Another Crappie Day!
« on: Feb 16, 2014, 09:34 AM »
If you haven't been out lately, now is the best ice of the season! And once it warms up this week we can finally be rid of that snow we have to trudge through  ;) ;D! This has been the longest ice fishing season in south central Illinois I can remember since about 2002 and I'm loving every opportunity to explore new water and catch some nice panfish this year.

Yesterday's adventure was to find where the Crappie were holding and some persistence paid off:

Lots of nice Bluegills in between and a bonus of about a dozen bass; surprisingly, many of the bass were cruising at about 1/2 way off the bottom - go figure  ;D!

tight lines everyone!

ratsotail

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Another Crappie Day!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Nice. Drilling through all that ice with a hand auger? Good cardio!
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2014, 12:02 PM »
Between the hand auguring and trudging through deep snow with giant boots - it may just be the next workout video rage  ;D @)! Ice fishing does have some health benefits too, eh!

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Nicer crappie.   Myself got the skunkola today.   Not even marking fish on the flasher.   Hope they aren't all dead. 
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.