Author Topic: FIRST DAY OUT [LAKE WANDA]  (Read 2095 times)

Offline bucknbass

• IceShanty Rookie
FIRST DAY OUT [LAKE WANDA]
« on: Dec 19, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Took my wife and daughter out,we caught about 10 perch and a nice bass.Some nice humps were caught.All fish where caught jigging with a blue and silver castmaster tipped with a salted minnow head.As soon as muzz. season is over i'll be out all most every day.Would love to fish LK HOPACTONG if anybody is willing to show me the ropes.[I'LL BRING THE BERR AND THE VENISON]

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: FIRST DAY OUT [LAKE WANDA]
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 06:59 PM »
you need to watch with drinking thier you get caught yull get a ticket the state police patrol it with atvs when the ice gets real good its under state park regs

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Yea, the couple times I have been out there I have seen them flieing all over the ice on ATV's and snowmobiles.

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2005, 11:08 AM »
The whole lake at hopatcong is under state park rules ? 

Sounds to me like the troopers just want to issue tickets. 

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I have seen them give guy's ticket's on Hopatcong for dinking.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Last year my friend did an icefishing trip on Hopatcong. According to him, There were dozens of snowMObiles all over the place doing 60mph within feet of the ice fishers. There also were a bunch of rangers (or cops) checking every fisherman for everything and not checking the snowMObilers for anything. We can all see where that is going. Those cops should walk around on duty wearing posterboards that say "Check out how dumb I am!"
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2005, 05:37 PM »

This is true. I was ice fishing with JigAwhopper and those windsurfers (?) were flying by within 10' at about 40 MPH. One slide and they would have killed us. We waved them to get away and they buzzed us. We called the rangers (twice) and after about 45 minutes of no one showing up I had it. I lifted my power auger over my head ready to launch it at their windsheild. Needless to say they stayed away after that. Three hours later and no "rangers".
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2005, 11:18 PM »
What if someone "accidentally" spilled some sand  on the ice? Would they think twice while wondering why they are slowing down and why sparks are coming from the ice? just curious? :unsure:

MikeThePike

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:33 AM »
I personally prefer the trip wire idea. When it throws em off and makes their investment worthless maybe they will think twice. They have the whole damn lake and they feel the need to come within 10-15 feet of guys ice fishing. Most of em seem to just drive across the main lake to far coves just to piss of guys trying to fish. If they trust the main lake enough to drive across it in the first place why not just stay there?

I think I may have to take out my paintball gun. An extremely cold/ frozen paintball hurts quite a bit and will get the point across without causing any real harm.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I had a sno-mo run over one of my tip-ups on Greenwood once.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.