The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Was it horrible everywhere?  (Read 761 times)

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was it horrible everywhere?
« on: Feb 15, 2014, 05:19 PM »
For the first time in 30 years not one flag went up.
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline Pindrifter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I go to nature to have my senses put in order.
Re: Was it horrible everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2014, 05:25 PM »
The bite is slow,  Thick Ice, Deep snow on lakes, Oxygen levels low in lakes,  I was reading about winter kill. To much ice is not good.  And we all got it this year.

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Fished 1/2 day. Didn't crush them but the panfish bite was steady. Kept 12 gills over 7".

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:46 PM »
were I was at most guys limited out on bass 1 guy said at least 10 bass caught by him,other guys the same,but this was a isolated circumstance,100yds away very few fish.i fished the late bite 230pm to 530pm we got 3 bass and 5 other hit and drops,was in good structure who knows?
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline EssoxHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Whoa black crappie bam da lam
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Had a good day, many many perch, kept 17 in the 9,10,11,12inch range, flags were spread out throughout the day, iced 17,19,23,32inch northerns, on smelt and trout.drag wasn't fun.
Catch And Release  Pike And Muskie!!!

Offline tdn5030

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2014, 03:03 PM »
15 tip ups varying depth and  nothing but one pickerel, hopefully the warm weather at the end of the week helps

Offline Icy_LEO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2014, 03:52 PM »
Don't count on the warm weather helping anything.  Just got back from Lake Chillisquaque.  There is more than 12-inches of snow on the lake, and the bottom 6" is all slush in some areas.  I stopped to talk to several of the PPL employees who were clearing snow in the parking areas.  PPL has been pumping water from (and returning water to) the lake on & off for the past two weeks.  This has left the ice close to the dam breast in bad shape.  There are some pretty bad slush spots almost everywhere I checked.  The ice is quite thick; one spot I checked was 15", but this is only over shallow water (4-feet in that case).  The only other spot I was daring enough to check was 8", over 11-feet of water.  And that ice was covered with 6" of slush.  I'm going to check R.B Winter tomorrow.  Hope I find some good ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.