Author Topic: Newbie in Columbus area  (Read 918 times)

grimraven

Newbie in Columbus area
« on: Dec 19, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone out there.  I am in the Columbus area and am looking to hit some ice on Delaware or Alum Creek areas.  I am originally from North Central Iowa where I used to live on the ice (literally) on the weekends.  Heck, I learned how to drive my first car when I was 10 on frozen lakes.  Anywho, anybody got a current ice thickness report on those areas or looking for a fishing bud on the weekends?  I have a lot of equipment and currently use a large hunting pop up blind as my "shack".  Hope to meet lots of new people!

Icefishinsam

Re: Newbie in Columbus area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:39 PM »
hey grim,

we go to allum once in a while we mostly fish buckeye lake and up north. but we go there here and there. were planning on goin allot this year to alumm.we live in worthington.im the son of 2big4holeoh. we practicly live on the ice durring the weekend . and on the weekdays we go out mostly at night becouse of work and school. well sea around,
   ice sam

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:52 PM »
welcome grimraven
                         i've heard a lot about alum creek, and fished deleware a few times in open water about 20 years ago. good crappie lake back then. i'm looking to try some new water this year. from the looks of things, we're off to a good start, if the weather stays right. between the poor ice conditions and the work schedule the last couple years, i'm gonna make up for lost time. merry Christmas and tight lines.
                                                                                                                    blue mule

Offline SPLiNE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I would think Alum is just about ready.. I just came from O'Shaughnessy and it was 5-6 inches of ice. I think I may try Alum on Thursday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.