The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Niquette bay  (Read 619 times)

Offline Catyjigs

• IceShanty Rookie
Niquette bay
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Always wanted to go out there and give it a try? Anybody ever fished out there I'd be going for perch and pike

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Niquette bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:43 PM »
completely private access and the state park has a very long way to hike in to get to the shoreline

Offline Catyjigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Ya I know it's a long hike out there been swimming there in the summer, I wonder if it would be worth the hike out, tried camp marycrest today and only caught a few small ones and walked about 3 miles, so I'm willing to make the trip if there's fish out there lol

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:32 PM »
The hike won't be too bad this time of year with snow on the trails to make the pulling of gear easier. I've been out there twice- the first time was two years ago and I smashed the "slammer" perch. Had a pail of big guys by day's end. Last year I made a trip out there and only got 3 dinks all day and lost a small pickerel at the hole. Both times I went I just walked to as good a spot as any else, put up the shack, and started jigging with a few tip ups set out nearby. No clue what there is for structure around there, just flew by the seat of my pants.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Never made the long walk from the park in the winter, but have dragged my canoe out there and got into some very nice smallies and a decent brown once. Perch were a little on the small side the times I did go. Definitely a bumpy haul for a canoe on that park trail, even with bike tire rig. About a 1/2 mile down that foot path from the park to shore, might be okay pulling a smitty sled though. No ATV's allowed I'm told.

O yeah, don't even think of trying to access that creek from anywhere on the land, I launched my canoe from Grandview Rd near the interstate bridges a few years back, didn't know it was a private club thingy and they stuck a colchester police warning ticket on my car.

Offline slimeypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:44 AM »
I have a lake house rented out on Niquettes the 26th-1st. Ill be looking to target bowfin, trout, smallies, but most of all i made the drive with my 14 buddies to get some pike (most of us for the first time). We will be drilling holes at a few spots around mallets and niquettes in search of some toothy critters
Eat, sleep, and Fish = A Happy Life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.