Author Topic: Mississinewa Res Report  (Read 5556 times)

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mississinewa Res Report
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Crappie's bite is on! Best fishing is at the Red Bridge area. You can park just south of the bridge in the plowed out area (if you can find a spot) or at the boat ramp parking lot. Best producing area I have found is just east of the bridge near the rocky point. In the summer this area is a cove, and straight across the res from Red Bridge on the northside (no way I would walk across from the boat ramp). If you go north across Red Bridge keep to your left in the curve. You will see one of the old dead end roads that lead down to the water you can park there. The hill down to the water is slippery and rocky so be careful! you will see the trail in the snow. When you get to the ice you will see where everyone is and has been fishing.

Been getting the Crappies on Rapala's and some guys on jigs tipped with Bee Moths or mousies, but I would say the Rapala's have been best! The bite of course has been best early and late but never really shut down. Ice is good and I would guess will stay that way for a spell.  Good Luck!

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Mississinewa Res Report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Oh and by the way. Don't forget to put your name on your shanty as you will get a ticket or as in my case a warning ticket ;D

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Its fun getting them on the Rapala's out there...I imagine Sally will be picking up also....

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:36 PM »
Yes sir ! Missy is almost in my backyard so I'll keep fishing there until I falls off!. Yesterday I limited out on Crappie so drove to some small lakes looking for gills! Didn't do very well at all on the gills. When I have all day don't mind getting in the truck and driving!

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:37 PM »
I'd like to know if it's safe enough for me to drive my Polaris Ranger on the ice?  Or at least at the bottom of the ramp.  That ramp is a killer.  If it's safe enough for me to drive down on I'd just as soon use the Polaris.

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:39 PM »
I'd like to know if it's safe enough for me to drive my Polaris Ranger on the ice?  Or at least at the bottom of the ramp.  That ramp is a killer.  If it's safe enough for me to drive down on I'd just as soon use the Polaris.
I am not sure about the ramp but it is NOT legal to ride a quad on the frozen res

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:42 PM »
I am not sure about the ramp but it is NOT legal to ride a quad on the frozen res
OK but I can drive it down to the edge of the water and drive it up when I leave can't I ?  LOL  The ticket is not climbing up n down that BIG hill LOL

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:45 PM »
OK but I can drive it down to the edge of the water and drive it up when I leave can't I ?  LOL  The ticket is not climbing up n down that BIG hill LOL
I would not try it without a 4 wheel drive unless it improved since the last time I parked at the ramp. I parked on the north side last couple of trips. You probley could get by with the ATV on the ramp if you are over 65 or handicapped

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:14 PM »
I would not try it without a 4 wheel drive unless it improved since the last time I parked at the ramp. I parked on the north side last couple of trips. You probley could get by with the ATV on the ramp if you are over 65 or handicapped
lol

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Doc, you wouldn't happen to be the fella that backed out for me to side  by on the north side today?
Fish On'

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Doc, you wouldn't happen to be the fella that backed out for me to side  by on the north side today?
I was in a white Chevy

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:29 AM »
I saw a guy in a four wheel drive pick up with chains on all four tires drive to the bottom of ramp, get his limit and drive right out without spinning a wheel. Would have never believed it if i hadn't seen it for myself. That guy really knew what his truck could do with chains. I still wouldn't try going down the ramp in anything. Maybe a snowmobile.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Can  FWD car get anywhere close to park and walk ? Ramp or bridge ? I just don't want to get stuck. My Sable is pretty good on snow but it's no 4x4.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2014, 08:37 AM »
I wouldn't recommend it. Every non four wheel drive vehicle I've seen has needed help getting out of parking lot. May be getting better with more traffic.

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:09 AM »
Everyone i no is limiting out at leston creek and at the ramp , 18 shantys out at the ramp .   Look like a little town,lol and they are catching them on everything.

Offline kesdadddy7597

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Anyone going to be out there tomorrow?  I have an appointment on the sw side of fort Wayne, and figured I would head that way after.  I have never fished it, but like to try new places.  Thought I might put some faces to names.  BTW, what size and color raps work the best?

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:41 AM »
I wouldn't recommend it. Every non four wheel drive vehicle I've seen has needed help getting out of parking lot. May be getting better with more traffic.

Even on or around the bridge ?

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:00 AM »
There is lots of parking at ramp and on top of bridge. green and red tubes are working good . and small jigs with beemoth.

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Don't need any ones hot spot but is this red bridge marina area would like to try somewhere different just need pointed in general direction

Offline jbmfish1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Yes from the marina to red bridge can't miss it. I park at the bridge and walk down not as severe as the ramp.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Kyron you won't have any problem at the bridge except for finding a spot to pull off. First ten or so vehicles then that's it due to the snow.

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Seems like the firetiger has been the best color for the raps..think all the sizes will work if the bite is on...

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:45 PM »
Everyone i no is limiting out at leston creek and at the ramp , 18 shantys out at the ramp .   Look like a little town,lol and they are catching them on everything.
What ED YOUNG is really saying is go to Leston (same as Liston?) Creek and fish so he can park on the northside across from Red Bridge on the dead end road. Or go to the ramp and join the little town again, leaving the northside alone!

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:12 PM »
No i,m not go were ever you want , but if there is a city out at the ramp what that tell you.

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:18 PM »
No i,m not go were ever you want , but if there is a city out at the ramp what that tell you.
"what that tell you" ? why you speak like Indian ? Maybe white man like ED Young speak with fork tongue !

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:13 PM »
First off my question for your is, do "you"- Doc "SnowFlake" Duck--speak with a rude/ruthless tongue??..  Yes I may have not used 100% correct grammer.. But you obviously understood what I was saying, or atleast understood enough to be rude.. This is an forum for people to conversate, not trolls to go through--reading everyones post & nit picking at them!!... I could careless where people fish, I made a suggestion... They're adults and will fish where they want no matter what you or I suggest..

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:19 PM »
ED YOUNG we go Seven Pillars, down river from giant beaver damn, we smoke peace pipe, make big medicine. Then go dead end wagon trail. Make fun of village by ramp. Catch many fish

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:27 PM »
I think the doc has been in the sauce again.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Well ED, I started this thread. I gave an honest report on where guys could park and catch fish. I explained what the crappie's were hitting on. The conversation began to include others besides you, who have been fishing at Missy and being successful. I am layed off as of late and have had plenty of time to fish. If I can help guys who are unable to spend the time I do catch some fish I will. I will not suggest they fish an area that is not as productive as the area I fished.

Me rude? A troll? nope.... Ruthless yes I am.

I was just having some fun with you but you are obviously thin skinned. I believe I fished near you last Sat on the north side. If you were with the group that was always on you cell phones talking to each other?

If I hurt your feeling's I am sorry........

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:53 PM »
No, you did not hurt my feelings.. And I apologize as well!!.. I was more or less just making a suggestion on the parking.. I am the same and want everyone to have the fun & catch fish... Peace!!.. Lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.