Author Topic: lake simcoe  (Read 1025 times)

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
lake simcoe
« on: Feb 08, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Anyone been on simcoe lately coming over from Michigan in about a week wondering how u guys have been doing

Offline spudsaway

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lake simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:55 PM »
Big Lake so I will Go North and south. Cooks Bay Perch still being Caught ice very thick Cars on the ice.   More Pike around then Normal in 8 feet of water

Kempenfelt Bay well frozen White fish and Lake Trout are Hitting slower then they were a few weeks back but still very Good .. Best Lake trout Bite in years

I heard this all  Last Weekend from a  Friend On Vacation that was his report to Me . I haven't been up yet..

All the reports I have read this year and the word from friends is it is A very good year.

What are you going to fish for and where are you planning to go ?   

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Primarily perch 2 days at Tim hales huts and then one day at Dave's fish huts

Offline spudsaway

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2014, 07:44 AM »
Always Perch around It is the Large ones you are after.  The Perch are schooled up and moving so you go from 0 to a thousand in minutes.    You will be given Minnows for the day set down the bait , but jig a Rap or small spoon to see If you get anything Bigger.  Also the perch are hitting real light  on Camera you see the bait in mouth and the rod tip doesn't twitch , so spring Bobber or camera. 

Enjoy the Herring ,but you have to let them go. If they get under you they come by the thousands..

Ask the Hut Operator If any Pike  around..

Offline icefishdoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:24 AM »
We just got back last Thursday from simcoe. We stayed in port bolster. (fished all day on Tues and 2 hours on weds when weather blew and forced us off the ice) fished in Virginia bay just east of Duclos point in about 10ft of water. fishing was tough, but a few nice jumbo's. travel was HARD,HARD on quads..SLED it if you can..used slab grabbers with green bead or chartreuse bead. Hot tip was to tip your slab grabber with a red spike soaked in anise oil..also some locals said another hot spot was near snake island in 10ft of water..people using the huts (Casey's) said they had like 3 bites all day but you know how that goes..nothing one day and WOW the next day. (don't know how to post pic's) tight lines

Offline icefishdoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2014, 10:00 AM »
That was Virginia beach not bay.. ::)

Offline icefishdoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2014, 10:17 AM »

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Those are some good looking perch I hope we can get on them from what I have heard the huts haven't done as well this year hope that changes we are also thinking of trying some evening fishing can u catch whitefish and lake trout at night?

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Damn looks like you had your hands full getting out there by the looks of your 4-wheeler, see the winch cable out!  Nice size perch, great job guys!!

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2014, 06:59 PM »
That pic looks like Caseys place lol,went out from there today,great looking perch.

Offline icefishdoug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:09 AM »
funny story about the quad pic ;D ;D ;D DON'T MISS YOUR TURN OFF .. ::) ::) ::)  it cost me $100.00 to get pulled out by casey's argo. :-\ :-\ the argo driver (NICK) did a heck of a good job getting me out..he had to work for it but he got me out @) @) but we were simcoe virgins, you live and learn :P :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.