Author Topic: Jig Glow Charger-on the Cheap!  (Read 1693 times)

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
Jig Glow Charger-on the Cheap!
« on: Dec 17, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Ok, this is a topic  that has been tossed around more than a pigskin on a fall afternoon.  Some use a camera flash, Lindy Techni-glo Tazer, Luhr-Jensen Power Flash, ect.  And now Nature Vision (Genz Blazer Stix) has a rod with the charger built in the rod, as well as a clip on charger. 

While doing some christmas shopping at our local Wal-Mart, I ran across a LED light that has a strap (velcro) and uses 3 watch-type batteries.  It's called the Universal Finger Light, made by Premiere Innovations.  They are only $1.82 a pop.  I bought a few to try out on my rods, and sure enough, with some adjustments on the velcro strap, they fit quite well!  And as far as brightness, just as bright as the Tazer I've been using.  There is also a place to hook your lanyard to the finger light as well. What I like best about it is the ability to replace the batteries. 

I am unsure as to the life of the batteries in this, but many of the jig chargers out there do not have the ability to change the batteries.  And rather than spend $ 7.00 + on buying a new charger, I'll gladly spend a few bucks every few years on new batteries for the Finger Light!
* Of course storing your battery powered stuff out of the cold makes the life of the battery last longer.* :wink:
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jig Glow Charger-on the Cheap!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2005, 03:02 PM »
wow waht part of the store do they hae those in? i Bought a ht charger about 3 yrs ago and Its about on its way out sometimes it lights sometimes it doesnt. ITs had alot of abuse over the past 3 yrs so i guess im not complaining :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2005, 07:21 PM »
I was wondering towards the seasonal section (christmas decorations), there was a "last minute gift idea" isle, and there were in a small bin near the endcap.  In this store, it was located between the pet dept. and the clearance isles.  This isn't the super Wal-mart, just the plain jane wal-mart.  (Our super Wal-mart opens in a couple of months).

Some of the advertising on the package includes: Parties-Concerts-Mechanics-Night reading-Night safety-Handy man work-Emergencies.  I totally stumbled on it by accident, and I am glad I did!  I just got done mounting it on the rod, and testing it against my 4 yr old Tazer light.  It passed with flying colors (no pun intended).  I don't think either the Tazer or the Finger light was any brighter, nor did the glow last any longer with either one.  Here is a pic of it mounted to give you an idea of size.

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2005, 11:21 AM »
I just noticed they also sell the very same LED light on E-bay.  Do a search for LED Finger Light, and it will show about 2-4 listings.  The price is 4 for $9.99, which is a lil more than what I paid at Wally world, but includes free shipping, so not too bad if you can't find them in the store.   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.