Author Topic: Fishnuts Fishing Report  (Read 1962 times)

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
Fishnuts Fishing Report
« on: Dec 17, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Fishnutz is fishing a lake today with Brookies up to 7lbs. I was forced into going
Xmas Tree hunting with the wife so I was unable to go. >:( :'(
How did you make out Fishnutz?
Let me guess... your dad landed 30 fish
2 of wich just leaped out of the hole into his gear bucket.
You landed 1 .... that your pop's hooked and then felt sorry for you and handed you his rod. ;D

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
Re: Fishnuts Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Har,Har Pitbell. What did you say you were doing yesterday? Oh yeah, girly things,how sweet! Fishing was slow, but still managed to ice three. Biggest was 18" , 3.5 lbs. Not too shabby. Pops actually got skunked for the first time in like 75 years, I think  :'(. He'll probably never want to fish with us again. I'll try and get the pics on soon.

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Look forward to the pics fishynutz ;D

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Fishnutz I have the,  31'st Saturday,  1'st Sunday and the 2,nd Monday off for new years. WE should go the my Cabin Saturday morning. What does you tink? Eh!

Terry is the Clan lake frozen yet?
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2005, 08:46 AM »
As I drove by on the weekend it looked like it had just formed as there was a white snow dusting all the way across the lake. It wasn't there a few days earlier. I didn't go right down to the lake but just my observations from the highway. You can see most of the big area of the lake from the highway due to the logging on the north shore.
New Years at the cabin sounds like good time. Unfortunately will be working Dec 30 and 31st(days). Jan 1st and 2nd (nights).
So I could print off the tourney card and deliver it out to you guys on Jan 1st am if you wish. Let me know what your plans are or if I can be of assistance ;D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Pics pics pics!! I bet I can guess where you were? Let me know because I'm going there in january. Would like to know all I can about that lake.
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Hey Whisk, bad news buddy. The wife is thinking that it might be a pain in the butt to bring the little one out to a cabin with no running water :cookoo:. So we may not make it out for the night :'(. Allthough I'll still be coming out during the day for the fishing :thumbsup:. Sorry man, I hope this wont wreck your plans.

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I didn't want you there anyway looser! Just kidding, This means more Char and Burbs For the rest of us, , , , , Do baby's really need water, , , , , , Lots of other beverages to consume, , , , or you could just leave the little one in the car with a CD of ACDC playing.
We live to fish!

Offline fishmiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Glad I found this forum...   but it is making me a bit jealous seeing and hearing about all those big fish.  I hate buying an eight inch auger and only catching a three inch fish...  anyway when I come up north I'd love to hook into a laker.
stan in kelowna
Team BC

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Hey there Fishmiser, how's the ice in your neck of the woods?  Are you guys icing anything down there? I happen to have a brother down in Kelowna (terrible fisherman, hard on equipment). When are you heading up north? Any lakes in mind? ???

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline fishmiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2005, 06:42 PM »
Well nutz....
we got ice at the higher elevations,  me and and the ol' jimson (Dad) went up to Idabel near Big White,  I pulled a miniscule brookie onto the ice and then eased him back into the hole with my boot.  The wind was biting more than the fish.  Dad tells me you got a nice one at Camp Maurice (what in hell's the name of that lake.) Anyway.  might go out to a different lake tomorow.  P.S.  How's Kendall?  is she as big as whiskey's laker yet?  I'll be sendin' a package for her out to Mom's any day now...  i'll keep ya posted.
Team BC

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Hey dude, good job on the fish. At least you guys got a chance to get out. Kendall is not quite as big as Whiskey's lunker yet but she's getting there. Thats one trophy that just gets bigger and bigger.As for the name of that lake, I'll have to PM you (the Manitobians might be listening) ;) Anyways, must run as we have a christmas party to go to. Good luck at "different" lake tomorrow. :woot:

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Where are the pics!!!!!! :woot: :wacko:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular