Author Topic: Back from College for the weekend  (Read 383 times)

Offline bngalloNHVTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Back from College for the weekend
« on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:50 AM »
Hey guys,

So I came home from college for the weekend and was able to get some good fishing in. I headed over to Beaver Lake in Derry (first time ice fishing there) with my friend Dan on Saturday. Arrived around 9AM and fished until 3PM with flags flying throughout the day! We caught countless perch on tip-ups and jigging (nothing of substantial size). We were trying to locate some rainbows, but in the process, I landed these two nice bass!

I didn't know Beaver Lake had smallmouth bass! The smallie was 17-18" in length and probably pushing 3lbs! I think that is a PB for me with smallmouth!

Anyways it was great fun being home and fishing! Back to college now, but hopefully I'll get some more fishing in before the ice is gone :)

Offline bngalloNHVTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Back from College for the weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Oh I also forgot to mention my friend Dan caught two nice pickerel! Sorry no photos of those though

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:03 AM »
Nice smallie there!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:19 PM »
fished there my whole life and thats the first smallmouth i ever seen come from there , if dan didnt show me pics i wouldnt have believed ya  good job been sorry i missed ya this weekend !!
fishin is my mission !!

Offline KingBlunted

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Nice catch! I have ot get out there, Ive never fished beaver lake through the ice, lemme know if youre going back and looking for a fishing buddy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.