The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Standish Boat Launch Access Denied  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Codfather

• IceShanty Rookie
Standish Boat Launch Access Denied
« on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Am I correct in hearing access to the Standish boat launch has been denied as of yesterday? I think I heard that the water district has made it illegal to access the lake there. I know you can no longer use the parking lot, and you can not drive any vehicle / sled / 4 wheeler onto the lake anymore. This sucks!!! Someone tell me I had one too many Long Lake Iced Teas!!!! What can we do to change this????

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
Re: Standish Boat Launch Access Denied
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:31 PM »
You are correct-it was in the Portland Press Herald yesterday.  I guess the town of Standish is trying to fight this, but who knows.  That was a good access point with plenty of parking.

Offline Codfather

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this will work, but here's a link to the story. http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/051215pwdsuit.shtml

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2005, 02:03 PM »
  yeah that really is a problem as far as lake access goes. not to mention the derby and parking and all that...guess we will have to wait and see.  :-\

Offline GameFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Basicially it says no use outside the Towns deeded right of way, access is still there, just can't park or use the property boardering the right of way.  The town offices for Standish should have a plot plan on file showing where the right of way is and acceptable use. 
JC

Offline Got Flag?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Thats gonna make some people really upset i bet......
A Good day is a day you come home safe.....

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2005, 04:37 PM »
welcome back Got Flag....

yeah good thing I dont use that spot to park...
I will have the whole lake to park on....

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2005, 04:43 PM »
thats a shame........was nice access and caught  some nice fish out front last time out there.............. >:(
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline Got Flag?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Never know things can change from day to day they could change thier minds once things and facts start getting brought up in meetings....
A Good day is a day you come home safe.....

Offline shellback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2005, 06:26 AM »
yeah,that vote to "save our boat launch" worked out real well.It was only a matter of time.Pwd has wanted to shut that down for years.There was an offer to build a NICE public launch somewhere between Indian island and St.Joe's with three launches and picnic area but the adjacent landowners launched a successful campaign to make the voters think they would be losing the launch with no replacement.I wonder how the vote would go now?hopefully they get another chance,especially since I only live a couple miles from there!

Offline Derbyguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2005, 09:19 PM »
I talked with several people at the Water District last week. They informed me that the Derby will be able to use the ramp area this February. They also told me that they have plowed the parking area so far but I haven't gone down to check it out yet.

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Yes, the water district is plowing the lot. They seem to be as sincere about letting it be used for winter parking :) as they are in not letting it be used for summer parking :(. The relationship between Standish and the Portland Water District appears to be at an all time low. Standish citizens had a chance (two of them....both voted down) to get their own ramp/beach area/rec area and now the PWD is making good on their threat to completely shut down the Sebago Station area. A major step in this direction (after a few small steps) was the fence & gates installed last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.