Author Topic: Montrose  (Read 633 times)

Offline xlbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Montrose
« on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Fished Montrose this morning with "Good Times" and need I say it was brutal! On site by 6:45 fishing by 7:00. Three foot snow drifts, 30mph winds and sideways snow.
Fishing was slow at best for perch. Drilled a lot of holes and moved around, marking lots of fish but the bite was tough. We did catch some perch but with no size to them. Most perch caught on pink/white jig with teaser tail and a wax worm and a couple perch on minnows.
Around 10:00 had a hit on a minnow rod and set the hook on what turns out to be the only brown trout of the day. Got em in at least. Fish was between 4-5lbs and caught on a large fathead using a red hook a couple cranks off the bottom. Not many people out and I didn't see much being caught, but still good to be out.  :tipup:

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Montrose
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:31 PM »
good job thats a good brown :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Montrose
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2014, 03:38 PM »
I have a question for you guys that fish the harbor, can a guy pull a shanty out there or is it a pain?? I have never been lnto the harbors so was just wondering. All I see in pictures are guys standing over holes so i'm kinda getting the feeling it's going to be a pain but any info will be of help. thanks bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.