New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sacandaga info  (Read 648 times)

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
sacandaga info
« on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:12 PM »
How did the challenge go who caught what or was it a blowout

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: sacandaga info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:45 PM »
How did the challenge go who caught what or was it a blowout

There were 6 prizes awarded each hour, for 7 hours. Biggest fish was a little over 4lbs. No monsters today. One poor guy caught and entered 14 fish and didn't win a thing. Biggest crowd ever. Three machines were given away. Many door prizes. I didn't win anything AGAIN! LOL That's the best I can do.  Hope it helps.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2014, 10:16 PM »
There was even ablurb on the news sure looked cold.Thought more guys would be talking.

Offline line dropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2014, 03:39 AM »
It was windy and cold out there. We braved the elements starting at five in the morning. The was pretty slow all day but we managed a walleye a little over two pounds and a couple of fatty perch. Both fish got us some money. Nothing is better than getting paid to go out and ice fish.

Offline Harper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:16 AM »
We had 6 guys fishing and managed to land 6 fish, 5 of which were keepers and 1 got me 6th place in 6th hour. All in all a pretty good day w/ good times had by all!
Harper's Tip-Up Inn

Offline RaCKaHoLIC518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:30 AM »
One guy in our group placed 1st in the first hour with a eye that was 3.15. We also entered 4 other fish with no prize awarded... I managed to catch my first brown trout through the ice that was 17 1/4 but unfortunately I was not in the GSLFF tourney.  Anybody know what the biggest trout caught was?

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Great News to hear. Had to work so was a spectator from the screen. My wife told me about this on channel 6 news. Hope it comes up..........
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
WIAT FOR THE "MOVIE" and expand screen

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/top-story/stories/thousands-participate-ice-fishing-competition-sacandaga-lake-13656.shtml
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:38 AM »
One guy in our group placed 1st in the first hour with a eye that was 3.15. We also entered 4 other fish with no prize awarded... I managed to catch my first brown trout through the ice that was 17 1/4 but unfortunately I was not in the GSLFF tourney.  Anybody know what the biggest trout caught was?

too bad you weren't in that gslff I only saw 2 trout entered when I entered a pike @ 1:30 don't remember what size they were, but it pays the top 4 you may have missed out on some cash. next yr. get in

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.