Author Topic: Be NICE & it will come back to you (Add your Stories here).  (Read 388 times)

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was 400 yards from shore with my UTV & Flipover.  Without notice I then see a guy another 100 yards beyond me setting up.  Hmmm not sure which side of lake he walked from.  Then after he was setup I see him heading back to the parking lot 500 yards away.  I yelled out "You want a ride"?  He declined said he left his live bait in other jacket.  I then offered him my Spikes/Maggots -vs- long walk.  He accepted and offered me a few bucks.  I declined and said help out another fisher-person someday is all I asked.  We talked about locations and maps and lining up landmarks ect...  I said I will visit him a bit later with my Mapping/Sonar Lowrance Elite-5 ICE-PAK to see how he did.   About an hour later I loaded up ICE-PAK on UTV and headed his way.  50 yards later I bust thru the crust and have 12" of SLUSH & STUCK.  You know the drill, goto 4WL rock it back and forth, dig out slush from frame.  The same guy comes out and gives me a few pushes and about 30 minutes later I am Un-Stuck and back to my spot on hardice again.  We walked to his shanty then looked at map... He was close and I recommened a location about 25 yards away.  He used the GPS to that spot then marked it and moved there.  He did catch a crappie and marked alot more but had to go home early because kids calls to his cell phone.  He was thankful and I asked him to join IS(dot)com.

I have a few more (Later).  Post em up people.  Bless  :)
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline BassInVt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ain't nothing better than fishing!!
Re: Be NICE & it will come back to you (Add your Stories here).
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:50 PM »
well back in the day i use to fish with a lot of the bigwigs.redman trail, bassmasters. i use to get tons of free stuff, lures, spinners, rods and reels. whenever i went out fishing, and i noticed people out bass fishing i would hand out all kinds of stuff by the bags full, fill them up and give them out.
What?? fish are biting, I'm gone

Offline Swampstud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
Re: Be NICE & it will come back to you (Add your Stories here).
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:44 PM »
This is bass fishing open water but same concept. I was bass fishing a spot this fall I hadnt been catching a bunch and I look back an see a nice big lund with a big ol  mercury comes intuding on my spot now mind you this spot is a funnel between 2 lakes a big wide channel that shallows up quickly. Anyway he pulls up 30-40 ft away and says sorry dont mean to intrude but this is my bluegill spot and starts fishing. Im like um ok uh do ya ever have any luck with the bull gills. He says yeah its good fishing for gills. Kinda irritated I just bit my tounge(not normally like me when the BS flags flying) put trolling motor on high and took off without saying a word. I went on to catch the 2nd biggest stringer of the season, 13.5-14lbs  that day I cought quality and quantity, 16 bass in 3-4 hrs at that weight=lesson learned
Keep those hooks sharp, or watch em swim away!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.