Author Topic: Bass pro shop scammed me......almost  (Read 916 times)

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bass pro shop scammed me......almost
« on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Had for the first and last time , my mercury outboard winterized at basspro where I bought it. I asked the old guy with glasses in charge of the tracker department when I dropped the motor off what they were gonna do to it and how much... Man replies, 99$ and that they were going to put the fluid in, flush it out ,whatever.  2 days ago the same guy calls me to say i can pick it up,Anyway I returned yesterday morning to pickup the motor and to my surprise the bill wasn't for the 99 plus tax, it was 176 dang dollars!!! Seeing how ripped off I was feeling, the guy says "oh we had to keep it running because there was a problem with carburetor" or something I'm no mechanic, so I say" really? For 75 extra dollars? " Man replies " we had to keep your motor running for 45 minutes". so my response was " my motor is 1 year old and unfortunately I can guarantee that there isn't even 20 hours on the motor so that is ridiculous and he never mentioned the extra charge when he told me it was ready and why is it not covered under my warrantee!!!" End result he quickly took off the charge which is good for me but, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE ANYWAY!!! I am calling the store manager first thing in the morning and I am going to tell them the only reason that I drive up there is because my VIP card saves me 10 to 20 % on merchandise. By the way the discount card isn't worth the aggravation because they won't give my wife a discount card and she's there as much as I am and the boat was boat with OUR account. Wen my card expires it'll be cabelas and Dick's sporting goods for this guy. Sorry to ramble fellas figured I'd see who else has had problems  with them... Good luck be safe on any ice you might find
Flaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bass pro shop scammed me......almost
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:11 PM »
And don't be taken advantage of!
Flaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:32 PM »
That stinks...I've never really had a problem there dude...good luck talking to a mng

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:34 PM »
That sucks. I love bass pro but there customer service sucks.

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:29 PM »
Went to bass pro today and picked up a Swedish pimple and a little drop hook...gonna jig tomorrow at a local spot. Hopefully get on some fish!!!  Bass pro was busy  :o

Offline papacoondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • love the lakers
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2014, 04:35 PM »
cant believe it, sounds like they need to hire someone with outboard skills.

Offline solomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.... Yep here comes the But...
Maybe buy a factory service manual and take care of the winterization your self next time. It's not that complicated and you can get it done in hr. Plus the manual has important information that you will find valuable. On top of that there are tons of forums that can help you out just in case you run into trouble.
I never liked bps.
sol...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.