Author Topic: shreve lake  (Read 1146 times)

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
shreve lake
« on: Dec 13, 2005, 05:47 PM »
anyone checked it out? it was the first lake i fished after i graduated from farm ponds. close to where i used to work. go out after work. 75 acres, always freezes early. good fish.

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
Re: shreve lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Hi Blue
I tried shreve a few years ago , that place is about as fished out as any lake i've ever seen .
I was told by a few of the locals that the amish had pretty much cleaned her out . We did catch some fish ,however none of them were over three inches long . We fished there all weekend and that was all we caught.
If your despeate for ice it's a good spot for a tune up .I would just fish the local ponds till is ice thicker on the lakes . Oh yea , knox lake had around 3" of nice clear ice as of last weekend .
                                                                                                         John

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2005, 04:59 PM »
thanks for the info john boy. i've heard the same thing. don' let the amish fish your farm pond for sure. think i'll hit knox in the morning. don't expect much action the way the weathers been, but you never know. any action is better than none. keep in touch, we'll hook up for sure this year. it's gonna be a good one. about time.
                                                                                             the blue mule

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Yea , we'll hook up and do a little fishing this year . I looked for you today at knox lake . I did pretty good on channel cats , caught a few dink perch . Thats about it other then the usual dink gills . Let me know when you want to go .
                                                                           John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.