The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Ice update  (Read 1944 times)

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
Ice update
« on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Fort Pond, Lancaster Mass. still half open. The ramp has not been plowed, if you don't have 4WD don't drive down, or bad tires, it is icy. The cove looks to be snow ice and it has no signs of anyone fishing it yet. Taking the chisel up in the A.M. supposed to be very cold tonite. The cove looks promising though, esp. after tonite's chill. Heard, not observed that Comet is still open and the ramp area off 62 has some ice. Will be making road trip to confirm in A.M. Will report back after scouting trip with first hand information. Any day now guy's, be careful out there................. ....flap
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
Re: Ice update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Took a walk to a neighborhood pond.  about 3-4" of black ice, about the same snow ice atop.   Talked to a resident who lives on the pond. she said the middle just froze over yesterday am.  ice has been making the sounds of it thicking (WOOOP WOOOPING) since yesterday afterrnoon. with all these cold temps seven today and two tonight, it wont be long atall!!  cant wait to be out on the ice again. tightlines moose
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

Offline Anima1z

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><,))'>
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Drove by the oxbow around 9:00am and saw two people out there..  not sure how thick, anyone here?

all of the ponds in the ludlow area are frozen over quite well... plan on checking them tonight, if i do; will post.

Thanks

Offline Ice Bird1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:04 PM »
the oxbow has 6 inches by the easthampton rod and gun club as of noon today.  my crew plans to go this weekend to twin ponds at the meadows the water level is high which usually means good fishing there

Offline nemachuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:04 AM »
Going to try the ol' bow (oxbow) in the soup tomorrow.  Should be a good test for my new Ice Armor I just bought.  Let really see if its really water proof.  Hopefully don't get to much freezing rain cuz then the tips wont work.  Frozen flags don't like to move.  But got to take the day off to get out there.  Saturday should be a much better day.

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2005, 10:05 AM »
 Comet, Thurs. 9:30 a.m.       4 guys fishing on shaky ice 2-3 ", good hard stuff though. 9 degrees there. Should keep making ice if this storm doesn't produce much rain.
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Any fish down there I havent got a flag all Day
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I went to fish winnicunnett on wensday and had 5'' of ice 2'' of black and 3'' of snow ice. got one rat pickareal

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Flagless have you tried watsons or sabbatia if they are safe yet? :tipup:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.