New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ulster county hardwater?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ulster county hardwater?
« on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:06 PM »
Looking for new bodies of water to try, typically fished Sullivan county but gas $ and time are never on my side. Areas of interest which I am researching but hearing so far a no go! Tilson lake and 4th Binnewater.
Also considering the 2 ponds over on the Lundy estate off 209 in Napanoch, believe they are state owned. Any other suggestions? I have the , deep section,of the Shawangunkkill in  back yard but roaring fierce after this thaw!
thanks
Jonathan :tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Ulster county hardwater?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Give Chodikee Lake off of route 299 a look/try it contains Chain Pickerel and assorted pan fish. The lake has state accesses off of North Chodikee Lake road. While on rt.299 heading toward rt.9w road is to your left look for Erichsen's auto body or State Division of Youth correctional services sign.
Steve

Offline WD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Park ranger told us Tilson lake is not open for ice fishing. It is run by the Palisades Park.

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Don't trust google maps use the DEC interactive mapper or google earth in coordination with the dec overlays.  Lyons lake is not on public property.  Honk lake is in the immediate area but I have never fished it and don't know where the access points are. 

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Tough going!
When I went to school up in Madison county, it was the oppoesite problem! couldnt decide what lake to go to!
May try my old honey hole that got fished out, but will be assured there is probably good ice, Big pond.
Anyone have any luck on swingbridge or toronto for perch and walleyes? Again not Ulster county but within an hour or so.  :tipup:

Offline WD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Going to check out Binewater tommorow. I'll post results

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2014, 10:46 PM »
WD sounds good!
Watch the shore ice! Curious if we can park there without stepping on any toes?
In doing some research on that lake, it seems that it was closed do to slobs. I was raised to always bring a garbage bag or an old bucket to leave it better than it was, my father and i used to walk the roundout res shoreline picking up after the slobs. makes me wonder why they are out there in the first place?!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:53 AM »
Rather-B-Fishin look for post by a member screen name of Tipup28 he is located in Highland and has been out a few times this season. WD welcome to the website are you in the hamlet or Town of Wallkill.
Steve

Offline WD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Went up to Binewater in the am, the shoreline is no good. Going to need a week or so. Not worth going in the drink. We went up to Superior instead. The ice is good there but the fishing was , like always SLOW!  Hello Mr. Clean . Hamlet of Wallkill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.