Author Topic: Aqua View Believer!!!  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
Aqua View Believer!!!
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Hey gang,
There has been a lot of dicussion in past and present about the aqua view, Toy Vs. Tool.  Well, this past sunday I put the aqua view down the hole, found some gills, and I can tell you this... We would have missed a heck of a lot of fish if we didn't have it... I saw fish after fish siting on the bottom, come up to the offering inhale it and sit there, not move... there was no movement in line or rod tip.... My partner was fishing with a bobber, no move ment of the bobber.  after an experiment, we watched fish take in the bait hold it and spit it back out without the slightest detection form the line or rod.....We were amazed!!!  When the bite is lite, it is a tool!!!  We knew when to set the hook and there was no if and or buts about it....we would have missed a heck of a lot of fish without it... It was almost like cheating, but it is the coolest thing ever to watch....  I did learn a lot by watching that little toy. :o ;)
Carp

Offline Pitcherbeb

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Aqua View Believer!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 06:08 PM »
I've always wondered about the aqua view. Doesn't your line get wrapped around the cable when you catch a fish... I have a hard enough time keeping a fish from wrapping my line around my Vexilar cable when it is only 6"-12" down in the water, not 10 feet. Just curious...
Women want me, fish fear me!

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Carp glad to hear it from someone I can trust were you on summit or some other body of water? I had heard about the gills inhaling and spitting it out but this is nice hearing it first hand..jlc By the way how clear was the water?
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline FOOTDOC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:51 PM »
I here you about the light bite!  With my vex fl18, a couple of times, I thought I would tease the fish and move my bait up a bit only to find the fish was on.  I know I am getting old but man I never felt or saw the line flinch!  This ice fishing is an incurable disease.  Here I am sitting at home thinking I should go over to long and catch those crappies.  I really need to stay in tonight and get my paper work done. Dang! 

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:56 PM »
we watched fish take in the bait hold it and spit it back out without the slightest detection form the line or rod.....We were amazed!!!

I had a similar eye opening experience while sight fishing.  I couldn't feel the light biters at all, and I never would have caught them had I not been able to see them inhale the bait.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:25 PM »
used my view for the 1st time last friday and caught alot more fish then any of my buddies even though they were Dinks.........love my new toy so far

Doc are you getting out on Zimmy Long, if so how have you done, and whats the Ice situation?

Thanks Guys

GOD AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE< LONG LIVE THE SHANTY

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Jayson, if I'm not mistaken, the Doc is fishing Long Lake in Porter County. C-ya. Crappie Rob
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline indybogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing,hunting and family the best things in life
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:51 PM »
I have been using my aqua view for about 3 years now and it is multi purpose for me. I get to see alot of the fish and learn more accurately how to read my depth finder I still use digital instead of the vex so I can see structure better. And on a slow day it really helps to see reaction to presentation and lure color. As for getting tangled I just drill a second hole a couple feet away and don't have many problems cameras are only good when the water is clear anyway.

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Pitcherbeb,
You must drill a seperate hole a foot or two away from the hole you are fishing.  Or, at least it works better that way, becuse then you can better see your presentation.... I you but it down the same hole, you are too close to your bait., and then line wraps would be more of a problem.

jlc hunter... I was not fishing summitt... I hale from Porter county and this particular day was fishing a private lake... the water is gin clear, and water clarity does make a big difference in the picture... I used the view on a public lake in Porter County (Loomis) just last night and that water is still very murky  I was marking fish on the Vex, but I could never see them on the Aqua view... I saw a billion particles floating , but never saw the  fish... the other great thing about the view, is it take all the guess work out of wondering what kind of bottom you are fishing.  You know if you have weeds or not, how hight they are or not.... it is just too cool.  The other thing that amazed me is the fish don't care about that camera.... Now I have the one with the blue gill looking camera, and the fish will swim right up to it.... I've had fish bump it... they don't care about it in the least.....
Carp

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I agree about the fish not noticing the camera Carp.  I have the regular black camera (not the fish look alike) and I often see the fish come up to it and nip it or brush it out of curiosity, but they generally just ignore it as another piece of underwater structure. 

One thing I would add for someone looking at buying one.......Mine has the multicolored lights for viewing in murky water or at night.  I have noticed that those lights scare the pants off the fish.  I never use the lights because of it and would tell someone looking at buying to save their $$ on the light feature.   The light is helpful for looking at structure, but it spooks the fish.
"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Offline nate

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:53 AM »
i really like my view

i have used it for 2 years now and have found that in clear water it is great but murky water it is tough

if anybody is interested here is my set-up

i use my vex but dont put it very deep say 2" under the ice then i lower the camera until i am 2' from the bottom

i am fishing out of the same hole and have very little problems with tangles

this works best for me, and i have tried bout everything else

BTW---my view has the camera that points down

JMHO

good tymes

nate

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Hey Nate,  Good to see ya on line again... I been wondering where you were at..... We are going to have to hook up one of these days.
Carp

Offline nate

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:48 PM »
heck yea

i am always looking for new people to fish with!!

BTW--i have been busy chasing bambi and his dad

good tymes

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:30 PM »
On a fully charged battery, how long does your aqua view last?  Mine seems to be burning through batteries within 2-3 hours.....is that normal?

Offline firefighter220

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:53 PM »
I got mine this last summer(aqua view ZT50).  Amazing.  A friend told me about a spot on Monroe near a channel for walleye.  Never caught any.  Got the camera, and WOW!  Could lot believe all the trees laying down there, along with walleye after walleye.  They didn't mind the camera, till it would bump into them.  I had mine at Summit last week, but never got it out.  Wish I would have. 

Is it better to "down" view, or "side" view?

Rusty

Offline firefighter220

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I am also not yet sure how long the battery lasts.  The few times I used it this summer, I never did run it out.

Rusty

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I have been out all day with mine.  At least 6 hours and it was still running fine on the battery.   

"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.