Author Topic: Looking for your advice (Please)  (Read 2640 times)

Offline White Pine

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for your advice (Please)
« on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Heading out for the first time on Friday with a group of old farts (me included) 60-75. Looking for a lake or pond with cold /warm water good variety. I do not want specific spots so I will list 6 places with their GPS coordinates and listed a-f. We will be going to one of them for sure due to geographical restraints. Two on my list are sort of ringers just to confuse the lurkers. Again only looking for generalities like good or easy access, time of day, good size crappie, small trout, things like that. We will scout when we get there and explore. We are old school no electronics, but we can read structure. So here we go. Feel free to PM me or just use the forum. I will do a report next week if all goes well. Thanks for your help

Lake A. 43-48-57 N
            71-24-36 W

Lake B. 43-39-45 N
            71-31-48 W

Lake C. 43-37-3 N
            71-33-17 W

Lake D. 43-23-15.2 N
            71-17-4.6 W

Lake E. 43-18-18 N
            71-44-4.0 W

Lake F. 43-3-17.2 N
           71-50-32.1 W

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Looking for your advice (Please)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:52 PM »
Im confused... are you looking for us to choose one we'd hit?  I don't know the coordinates off the top of my head to lakes I fish so I don't recognize any of these... if you are choosing from a list of 7, why not just name them?   ???

Offline DovaIceFisha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Im confused... are you looking for us to choose one we'd hit?  I don't know the coordinates off the top of my head to lakes I fish so I don't recognize any of these... if you are choosing from a list of 7, why not just name them?   ???

i agree its too much work to figure out the coordinates for these lakes, especially from a phone.

Offline South_Texas70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:54 PM »
It was quite the task to chase all these lakes down! I cant say I have ever fished any of them. Good luck wherever you end up at!!
Tex :tipup:

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:00 PM »
I've always wanted to fish Waukewan. I'd go there. ;)
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:15 PM »
I prefer Lake X ;D
18 posts in 4 years, and you're worried about lurkers?
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:19 PM »
I prefer Lake X ;D
Pirk

:thumbsup:
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline dryfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Too much work for me right now....but I will look those up tomorrow  ;D
PM some of us and ask direct.
Waukewan isn't a bad choice for easy access and "car fishing" ... but action could be slow on just rainbows.

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:25 PM »
I dont know how to use a GPS so I will guess like I did on my highschool tests. C. Good luck.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I dont know how to use a GPS so I will guess like I did on my highschool tests. C. Good luck.

X2  it's always C  :blink:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Is this a joke? You had time to find the GPS numbers just google earth it and look at the lake. Could be the worst post ever asking for help.

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:43 PM »
I don't like riddles, or time wasted. 
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:50 PM »
I prefer Lake X ;D
Pirk
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
fishin is my mission !!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:50 PM »
I prefer Lake X ;D
Pirk
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
fishin is my mission !!

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Haha. I really hope this is a joke... because it's funny.  ;D

But seriously... is this what we've been reduced to?

Offline Shammy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:59 PM »
White pine not sure bout those coordinates, but if your heading north of Plymouth, Mirror lake in Woodstock is a good bet. Good parking, easy access ice is good. Killing bows, browns and brookies everyday. Not too much concerned with lurkers up here. Bring cleats. I am there pretty much everyday with my portable.

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:21 PM »
In the case that this isn't a joke and because I literally have nothing better to do tonight (and just maybe because I like to stir the pot), I created a little cheat sheet for ya'll.

Lake A: A marshy area north of Red Hill Pond in Sandwich
Lake B: Lake Waukewan, Meredith
Lake C: Wickwas Lake, Meredith
Lake D: Upper Suncook Lake, Barnstead
Lake E: Lake Winnepocket, Webster
Lake F: Deering Reservoir, Deering

Now for the helping part… I have no actual experience fishing any of these waters, but NH F&G gives us some great online resources -- all available with the click of a mouse. Summarized here:

Lake A: This must be one of your clever decoys right? Apparently holds pickerel and horned pout with no easy access. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/redhill_sandwich.pdf
Lake B: The largest of the lakes you listed, holds rainbows, bass and white perch. Public boat launch at southeast corner. F&G stocked about 2000 rainbows in 2012. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/waukewan_meredith.pdf
Lake C: Mostly holds warm water species (bass, pickerel and crappie). Public boat launch on south end, limited parking. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/wicwas_meredith.pdf
Lake D: Holds a mix of cold and warm water species, including rainbows, bass and white perch. Residents only boat launch in southeast corner between Upper and Lower Suncook. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/suncookupper_barnstead.pdf
Lake E: Map lists rainbows and bass. Access could be a little tricky, with carry in access in the shallow northwestern corner with limited or no parking. About 600 rainbows stocked in 2012. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/winnepocket_webster.pdf
Lake F: Another mix of cold and warm water species, including rainbows, brookies, bass and white perch. Carry in access at southeast corner. F&G stocked about 300 brookies and 900 rainbows in 2012. http://www.wildnh.com/Fishing/bathy_maps/deering_deering.pdf

Now feel free to send me hate mail for relaying publicly available information.  :o

Offline Shammy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Nice job nixstyx !  :tipup:

Offline dryfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:59 PM »
I grew up on Wic-waws ....
Mom and Dad sold the house two years ago....  I fished it a lot !

No fish there    ;D

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2014, 12:13 AM »
I can tell you right now, from having a buddy fishing his "secret lake" AKA Winnepocket, there's MONSTER bass and pickeral there

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:14 AM »
Shhhhhhh! The lurkers! What are you doing!? ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! TO ALL LURKERS! there ARE NO FISH IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED LAKES AND/OR PONDS! EVERYTHING YOU HAVE READ THUS FAR IS JUST A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMGAGINATION AND SHOULD BE TOTALLY DISREGARDED.

We now return you to you regularly scheduled program!

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is clean. Can you tell me how to get, how to get to the Ice Shanty?!
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
OK, I'm going to go take my meds now!

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:13 AM »
I am still stuck on why having fractional seconds of arcs in the coordinates. An arc second is around 100 feet on Earth at sea level so I don't get the super precision. Maybe I am the lurker who was supposed to get confused  ;D
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:34 AM »
Shhhhhhh! The lurkers! What are you doing!? ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! TO ALL LURKERS! there ARE NO FISH IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED LAKES AND/OR PONDS! EVERYTHING YOU HAVE READ THUS FAR IS JUST A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMGAGINATION AND SHOULD BE TOTALLY DISREGARDED.

We now return you to you regularly scheduled program!

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is clean. Can you tell me how to get, how to get to the Ice Shanty?!
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
OK, I'm going to go take my meds now!

Pat - What channel are you on? LMAO  :woot:  Put all six lake names in a hat and pick one out or roll the dice it is 1 (A)-6(E). I'm not joking either. I just rolled the dice and came up with 1 (A). Good luck out there.

Offline dmilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dave
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:16 AM »
nixstyx - Just made me laugh out loud in my cubicle. Funny stuff!
Seriously have tears in my eyes!

Offline White Pine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:00 AM »
Well guys I am certainly glad my post has added a lot of laughs to your day or as was also stated "the worst post ever" not my intention.  I have seen many requests for input used and abused so figured it might keep the integrity of the site by my coding. If you feel it's ok to poke fun at someone you do not know by all means continue to use me and make your day. Lastly since I have set the bar for worst posts you have no where to go but up with yours ! For those who did offer advice I say thanks and good luck and good fishing. White Pine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.