Author Topic: Maddison Lake  (Read 1276 times)

Offline SPLiNE

• IceShanty Rookie
Maddison Lake
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 10:24 PM »
Well, I hit Maddison Lake today. I was definitely on the cautious side being my first time on the ice. The furthest I got off the bank was probably 15 yards and the ice was almost 5 inches thick. I poked a few holes and fished a couple hours and only got one bluegill. I have no idea why this thing would bite my jig (it was almost as big as the jig). Either way I had fun and want to go back out BAD. Ive got a tipup now and need to find me a bait store thats open this far south. Maybe I will set it up and jig another hole to stay busy. I think I'm officially hooked.  ;D

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
Re: Maddison Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:27 PM »
just how far south are you? never heard of madison lake.

Offline SPLiNE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Im on the West side of Columbus in Hilliard. Madison Lake is just East of London.

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2005, 05:09 PM »
i've never fished in that area, but you're not so far south that hardwater fishing is a novelty. you've got alum, deer creek, hoover, delaware. all of them get lots of people on the ice,so any bait store on these lakes will always be open. it may be a little drive if you're not going to fish there, but they sell bait to folks who have good ice. they'll be busy in the middle of jan. with people fishing their lake. OR!!!! IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A STREAM, go to wal-mart, get a minnow trap, toss in some dog or cat food, cereal, crackers, and you can get the minnows that hungry BIG fish want that you'll pay 35 cents each for in a bait shop.

Offline 0514

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 02:00 PM »
Hey spline, there is a bait store south of downtown Columbus open all year.They have a good selection of wax worms and such. It is at 781 S Front St R&R Sports.

Offline SPLiNE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Thanks 0514.  I went there today, they still have live bait but very little ice gear. He said if it stays cold hes gonna get more stuss in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.