Author Topic: Youth fishing day  (Read 1130 times)

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
Youth fishing day
« on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:19 PM »
How did the day turn out. Morning was slow and really wet. Still had a great time. Thanks for putting this on my boys are really starting to lie fishing the hard deck.

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Youth fishing day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Thanks for attending!
We were surprised to have such an awesome turn out. Even with the rain and wind we had an estimated 500 in attendance. Bearsfan was right when he said Idaho kids are tough!
Around 200-250 fish were caught. Great Day!
You can see the pics here:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.595084973920299.1073741826.221120101316790&type=1

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Excellent pics! Looks like a good time for everyone. Too bad it rained!
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:00 PM »
Good pictures sounds like a good day. I think my parents, brother, and his kids went to it. Have not talked to them yet but mom sent me at text with some picks that said horse thief.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:18 PM »
What a great event . Everyone involved with making this happen should be very proud .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Yes it was a good production, thanks to all. Believe it or not, the sun did come out around 4:00. There was 9 of us that lasted the whole day, except one the girls stepped in a hole and filled her boot. She was there only five minutes then her parents drove her back home to get other boots then came back.

Offline Doofus22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2014, 04:10 PM »
I would like to see some thing this happen in SE Idaho. I would definitely volunteer every year. I love to ice fish, and enjoy taking others especially people new to ice fishing.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2014, 04:19 PM »
I would like to see some thing this happen in SE Idaho. I would definitely volunteer every year. I love to ice fish, and enjoy taking others especially people new to ice fishing.

Call Regional Fisheries Manager Dave Teuscher 208-232-4703 and tell him you want to spearhead it.  Often the problem is not only finding help but nobody wants to run the show.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:10 PM »
My bro-in-laws in the Poky area would be in for helping on an event there too, and heck, maybe even the old grouchy pa-in-law.   ;D  And if it worked out between my work commitments, I'd make a trip over to lend a hand.
"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water." ~ William Tapply

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it.  What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:19 PM »
I would help if it were around poky

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:24 PM »
I would love to help.
The location is a big factor. Parking, restrooms, good fishing for the kids. Is there a body of water that can provide those things?

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:43 PM »
I think it would depend on how many people they expect cause you could fit quite a few people on Edison fitcher

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:48 AM »
I think it would depend on how many people they expect cause you could fit quite a few people on Edison fitcher

...and there will be a new pond on the North side in the next year or two, as part of that "wellness complex."

(see http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/wellness-complex-portneuf-health-care-foundation-plans-million--acre/article_72b97592-5da2-11e3-bfe7-001a4bcf887a.html)

If you had cooperative weather and both ponds running, I bet you could handle the crowds.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.