The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: The K-Drill - Cordless Drill Electric Ice Auger System  (Read 34049 times)

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The K-Drill - Cordless Drill Electric Ice Auger System
« Reply #60 on: Dec 03, 2015, 04:12 PM »
Looking for an electric system. How does the K drill compare to an ION Electric?

Was contemplating between these two also... I didn't have a brushless drill that would handle it so I went the ION route. Picked one up for $400 after thanksgiving, which is comparable to a K-drill/Millwaukee Fuel setup. I really didn't need another drill, the drill that I have is fine for the applications that I use it on. The ION drills about 2x the holes as the K-drill.

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 04, 2015, 12:03 AM »
Anyone have any videos or know of any videos of a k-drill on the clam plate? 

Thanks!

Luva
Let's fish it.

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 04, 2015, 12:26 AM »
Anyone have any videos or know of any videos of a k-drill on the clam plate? 

Thanks!

Luva

Jason Mitchell's got two ice shows that he used the kdrill on the clam plate but their so brief that you dont really get to see in full use :(

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 04, 2015, 05:58 PM »
Jason Mitchell's got two ice shows that he used the kdrill on the clam plate but their so brief that you dont really get to see in full use :(

I just watched this the other day.  It was pretty sweet.  I also watched one where they were using a Clam auger.  Looked like a solo motor on it.  My wife told me if it took me as long to drill a hole for her as the Clam took she would cut my nuts off. LOL
Gunnerdog

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #64 on: Dec 04, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I just watched this the other day.  It was pretty sweet.  I also watched one where they were using a Clam auger.  Looked like a solo motor on it.  My wife told me if it took me as long to drill a hole for her as the Clam took she would cut my nuts off. LOL
That's funnie!  Show her the video of the IceGator!  :woot:

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 06, 2015, 10:54 PM »
That's funnie!  Show her the video of the IceGator!  :woot:

That's what I have a Gator with Nils and a Tanaka with Nils
Gunnerdog

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 07, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Was contemplating between these two also... I didn't have a brushless drill that would handle it so I went the ION route. Picked one up for $400 after thanksgiving, which is comparable to a K-drill/Millwaukee Fuel setup. I really didn't need another drill, the drill that I have is fine for the applications that I use it on. The ION drills about 2x the holes as the K-drill.

How did you come to your 2x the K-drill numbers ? What are the weight comparisons?

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 07, 2015, 07:19 PM »
How did you come to your 2x the K-drill numbers ? What are the weight comparisons?

The you tube product video claims 20 holes in 20" of ice with a 6" auger. Ion claims 40 holes through 24" of ice on a 8" auger. No hole count on 8" but am guessing 10-12 per battery.  Weight is about 12# compared to 22# for the Ion.

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 09, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Who has any experience or have used a similar setup? 

This is the setup that Kluge recommended or sold in past.  Its a Tanaka 270 PFL (24:1 gear) powerhead on a Kluge (Kdrill) auger.

Now I recently got a great deal on a Tanaka 270 PFR (20:1 gear, w/reverse) powerhead, looking to run it on the 8" Kdrill.

For those who cant seem to grasp going all electric and worry about thick ice this will be your calling.  This whole setup likely weighs 17lbs-18lbs and be ideal to run and gun on the ice all day long if thats your thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.