Author Topic: Summit  (Read 3348 times)

Offline stonecold16

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Summit
« on: Dec 10, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Well no idea were to go so I'm heading to summit Sunday please let me know if i'm wasting my time.  Its about an 1hr drive.  Thanks, Mark.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Summit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2005, 02:20 PM »
Just look for Sweedish Pimple, or Jigmup!!! They'll be out there for sure!!! I've never fished the lake, but by the pics it sure looks pretty good. Maybe the dnr should think about a 25 fish limit to preserve this lake!!! Take care, Crappie Rob
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline Millerltman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Word has it, that the DNR may possibly put a Gill limit on Summit next year.  Only a rumor so far.

Just look for Sweedish Pimple, or Jigmup!!! They'll be out there for sure!!! I've never fished the lake, but by the pics it sure looks pretty good. Maybe the dnr should think about a 25 fish limit to preserve this lake!!! Take care, Crappie Rob

Offline indybogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing,hunting and family the best things in life
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Swedish Pimple is supposed to be there tomorrow and I plan to be there as well. Maybe we can get those big gills goin.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Check the ice very good. It is still thin almost anywhere you fish. Paul

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2005, 06:21 PM »
The fish are still there. Morning and evening produce the most keepers per minutes fishing. During the day you catch a ton of little ones and then a nice one roams through. Probably about a 10 to 1 ratio :-\
I don't know if anyone tried any minnows out there today but I did catch 4 pretty good perch. Brawler got a real nice crappie so minnows might bring some variety. Like Paul said check the ice.....I drilled through 2 inches of junk and then caught about 2.5 to 3 inches of good.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline firefighter220

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Well, I made the 1 1/2 hour drive from Columbus this morning.  Well worth the trip.  Caught alot of fish, however, most were dinks.  Still a fun day though. 

Rusty

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Its not a rumor,its the truth,Summit lake is going to a 25 limit on gills in 2006-2007 season

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2005, 08:57 PM »
You couldn't hurt the gill population in Summit. It gets alot of pressure summer and winter. The gills just seem to get better every year. I can't imagine how over populated it might get with a limit on them. It's a great fishery for all kinds of fish! After fist ice,it gets tough to find them. Get them while you can.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:07 PM »
I've tried telling people that for years Brad,more fish in there than we'll ever catch,I've been trying for 10 years now to catch every freakin fish in the Lake and Havent done it yet and still spank they're buttttsssss,think Ill go spank em again tommorrow(lol),

Jimmy

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:54 PM »
I gotta try this lake this season...bout a three hour trip..worth it for a buckket-O-fish !!
Be Safe! ;D

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:06 AM »
I think I need to try Summit this year as well.  Never been down there, wouldn't have a clue where to go, who is taking me fishing on Summit?  Good week to go, on vacation.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:26 AM »
I had a good time today.  I'll be back in the morning. ;D

Offline Pitcherbeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:16 AM »
One this is for sure about Summit, once you find them, you can catch them until your heart is content! Which for most of us is never!
Women want me, fish fear me!

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Well, I made the 1 1/2 hour drive from Columbus this morning.  Well worth the trip.  Caught alot of fish, however, most were dinks.  Still a fun day though. 

Rusty

Rusty we passed each other then I was headed down to louisville for sauger on saturday..with yrbender...didn't do so well but we had a lot of fun
jlc
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline bird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I've tried telling people that for years Brad,more fish in there than we'll ever catch,I've been trying for 10 years now to catch every freakin fish in the Lake and Havent done it yet and still spank they're buttttsssss,think Ill go spank em again tommorrow(lol),
How thick is the ice where your fishing.

Jimmy

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Didn't quite understand you're post Bird,but in a different way if you're wondering if Im really kickin they're butts,heres a easy answer from today,seen Brawler and Smokercraft out today,and fished with my walleye buddies from Connersville,I ended up with 64 nice gills,I'll be back in the near future to kick they're butts again       

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Just caught you're question bird,Im on a good 2-1/2" and 1" of honeycomb ice,today was the safest Ive felt all year.......

Offline ultralight

• IceShanty Rookie
  • .......get the gaff......
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Wish i could have been there today Jimmy! Had the family gettogether today. I was fishing by Brawler and Jigmup but they didn't know that. I took home 15 good ones in a little over an hour. Might go again after work tomorrow. Since you catch so many and don't eat them, i will just have to take some of those off your hands!!! HAHA  Tear them up, Jimmy.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Give me a call when ya wanna go Ultralight

Offline stonecold16

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2005, 06:49 AM »
Well I went out Sunday mourning but I guess not early enough. I didn't hit the ice until 10:30ish or so and a guy in red told me it started real good about 9:00.  I caught a few descent ones.  The wierd thing was a D--N muskrat kept coming up in my holes.  I know that didn't help. But there was alot of guys catching fish. The DNR guy came around checking licenses. Had fun anyways. Hope to be back after the first of the year.
                                                                                 GOOD LUCK FELLAS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.