Author Topic: NJ Reports/Conditions Updated  (Read 3375 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
NJ Reports/Conditions Updated
« on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:52 AM »

I updated this seasons reports and conditions boards.  ;D

I recycled last seasons information but it unfortunately will only come up under my name (as poster) so don't be upset.

Feel free to add any other bodies of water just try to follow the format we have.  ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
Re: NJ Reports/Conditions Updated
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2005, 05:53 PM »
MAN,, Some guys will do anything to boost thier post numbers   LMAO

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Good deal ........ honestly never thought about it !!  ;D LMAO

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Doug,
   I think we lost assunpink lake in the shuffle..

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:53 PM »

If you have the info handy repost ... sorry.  :(

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2005, 04:49 PM »
LOL  thats why I posted to you ,,,I dont remember were I put the info...LMAO   Ill look it up

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:18 PM »
OK then Its fixed  LOL   ;) :o ::)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:29 PM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:14 AM »
Looks like you were busy Doug! I think you need to change the settings on the Report threads to allow access to reply. I don't see any reply buttons so can't put in a report there, I think only mods have the option right now.

First day on the ice at Lake Hopatcong on Sunday, I said to the guys no groups - only pairs! We fished the channel in Landing where I checked the ice during the week. The day before we found about 3 inches of black ice with snow on top so figured we'd give it go. I jigged up a half dozen perch and a sunny. Only had one flag on my tip-ups which was a small pickerel using herring as bait which was the first time we had live herring as bait for ice fishing. The other guys got some perch and one other pickerel as well. Glad to get out on the ice again, I couldn't say its safe for most people just yet.

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:07 AM »
So there is no reply button in the reports section .. I thought i was going crazy.  Was trying to post something under one of the lakes and couldnt. 

So what do we have to do to post something under the nj reports ?   

Thanks

:tipup:

Looks like you were busy Doug! I think you need to change the settings on the Report threads to allow access to reply. I don't see any reply buttons so can't put in a report there, I think only mods have the option right now.

First day on the ice at Lake Hopatcong on Sunday, I said to the guys no groups - only pairs! We fished the channel in Landing where I checked the ice during the week. The day before we found about 3 inches of black ice with snow on top so figured we'd give it go. I jigged up a half dozen perch and a sunny. Only had one flag on my tip-ups which was a small pickerel using herring as bait which was the first time we had live herring as bait for ice fishing. The other guys got some perch and one other pickerel as well. Glad to get out on the ice again, I couldn't say its safe for most people just yet.

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:13 AM »
iceman, I'm sure when the mods see this it will be fixed shortly, probably just an oversite when producing the report boards.

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Hopefully they will allow the members to reply soon. 

Look forward to reading (and writing) many reports ! 

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Thanks for telling me .. I had no way of knowing ! I should have it corrected shortly.

Doug >))))>

MikeThePike

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I'm glad we don't have these problems on the PA boards... ;D

I'm really suprised to see some of the places in NJ have ice this early. Good luck and stay dry guys.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Should be working now !  ;)

To add any new lakes you now have to submit the info to that states Moderator to post ... I was informed this is to keep the boards orderly. If you want a lake listed just PM me or Reb with the info.

Doug >))))>

Offline TONYR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I walked across the street from my house to check the Ice at my home lake (Scenic Lakes, Hamburg) to see if I could jig for a few hours. Found 3.5" (1" white ice, 2.5" black ice) solid stuff with no air. I chose the "SAFE Course" and walked right back off. I was by my self so I did not think it would be wise to push it. Add in the fact that I push 270 and with all the gear and boots and such was over 300, the ice will wait for Thursday or the weekend and should be 5-6 by then. It's 19 right now and dead calm. I'm 3 miles out of Hamburg and a hundred feet higher up, the lake is deep next to the dam (23-25 feet) wall and usually sets up a bit after most other lakes that are usually the first ones to lock up. The lake is not open to the public because it's a lake community, so the only reason for this post is put up a conditions report for the area. Keep the reports coming, save some guys some drive time and gas, or get somebody out and fishing on a safe lake. Be safe, don't push it, this weekend should see some safe ice for those that have the itch real bad.

Offline TONYR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2005, 02:10 PM »
The lake on top of High Point had eight inches on 12-20-05. It was rumbling and singing from 9 AM till 3 PM when I left, making ice all day long.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2005, 03:04 PM »
how did you do?
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline TONYR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Shawn, don't ask. Three smallmouths, the biggest at nine inches could have swallowed the other two without thinking about it. I was on Lake Marcie, not on Steenykill. It was cold and windy and believe it or not two reporters showed up and took pictures. It's supposed to show up in the NJ Herold today from what they said. The road to Steenykill is iced so I did not even try it with my car. The parking lot up top was empty and clear. I have fished there 3-4 times and never done well. It's time to give the top lake up. I do remember some nice crappie being taken in the lower lake several years ago through the ice. Any body been by Sawrtzwood? I think that is the  next stop for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.