Author Topic: Tecumseh engines!  (Read 505 times)

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tecumseh engines!
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:05 AM »
I've got a snowblower I got off my neighbor that was built in the 70's. Last snow storm, it burned through it's oil and the engine seized up on me. I pulled the head off, whacked the top of the piston with the handle of my wrench and it moved! So, I put it all back together and it fired right up and runs like a dream! Single digits out, and it only took 4 pulls even though I had drained the fuel line when I took the gas tank off. Gotta love the quality on those old engines...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Tecumseh engines!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:20 AM »
They are very well built machines. I have an old Troy Bilt tiller with a 7 horse that's still running like new. The oil gets dirty fast in Tecumseh's so they need frequent oil changes but they run strong forever!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Yeh they sure were. All my past and present gas augers have the same. Hope they hold up with the ethonal gas I just keep using the additive.

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Small engines class in high school(84') we would tear those two strokes apart,measure limits/tolerances and put them back together.
Those motors were torn apart and put back together 100's of times by newbs including me and ran. Bullet proof motors.
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2014, 01:04 PM »
My outboard and strike master are both Tecumseh.... My outboard is a 1974 and runs with no problems same with the strike master but its a 2006

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Yeh they sure were. All my past and present gas augers have the same. Hope they hold up with the ethonal gas I just keep using the additive.

There is a website that you can look up places that sells non ethanol gas near you...i happened to find that the delta sonic sells it 3 blocks from my house...you pay a bit more but its good piece of mind for your motor toys :)

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2014, 05:37 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.