Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Walleyes at Pleasant creek  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Eyeseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
Walleyes at Pleasant creek
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 05:28 AM »
Anybody tried the early morning walleye bite at palo yet? Last year was pretty productive before daylight but havent had time yet this year. Hoping to get an ice report from someone thats been out there. Middle of lake in 38fow was my magic spot last year, until the sun poked over the dam. Then it was game over; How bout those elusive perch? Anybody seen one yet this year? Pm me if u want. Iv got sum good reports for public water panfish in and around cr if u wanna get a few for supper

Offline sheepman312

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Walleyes at Pleasant creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:40 AM »
Havn't had time to go yet.....panfish on the stove sounds good.....where at?

Offline Steve_Mo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2014, 11:58 AM »
I was out there 12/28 but didn't make it out to my spot in the middle.  Drilled out from one of the points and quit when I had about 4" of ice so I fished a different spot.  As I was leaving I saw someone walking out in the middle so it probably was ok. I would sure think the ice would be good out there now. 

Offline forecy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2014, 12:16 PM »
There were quads and snowmobiles on the ice last weekend.

Offline Hostilehecht

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:25 PM »
im looking at heading down there this weekend for the first time. any info would help.
Team Shocker ice crew. Hoggen............ its what we do

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Heading out to palo early sun am .,, Black frabil Gt flip over , maybe artic cat sled .

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Heading out to palo early sun am .,, Black frabil Gt flip over , maybe artic cat sled .
Might see ya out there plan on going early Sunday also I have a quick fish 6 hope to have my sled out also white polaris

Offline xplicitgtp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Fished PC today, Should have stayed in bed. Sounded like we were not alone everyone said it was dead. We fished along the dam. Started in 28 fow then moved closer to dam into 16 and no better.

Offline CedarStorm1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2014, 01:31 PM »
We tried it yesterday to no avail. I know some folks will secretly laugh to themselves about this, but I am convinced that walleye fishing is a joke out there compared to other places in the region. It's a great bluegill lake........and to me that's all it will ever be ::)

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:36 PM »
We tried it yesterday to no avail. I know some folks will secretly laugh to themselves about this, but I am convinced that walleye fishing is a joke out there compared to other places in the region. It's a great bluegill lake........and to me that's all it will ever be ::)
besides the rivers what lakes would you consider better walleye fishing in our region? I haven't made it down there this year but did do well there last year and have received a few different texts with some good eater sized fish pictures.

Offline frmboybuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2014, 12:01 PM »
Went out yesterday between the handicap fishing docks and the dam.  Nothing as well. Anyone have any tips for fishing without a flasher?

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Nothing you probably haven't already tried.  Figure out how much line your reel takes in for every half and full revolution, then find bottom and start working your way based on half or full revolutions of your reel.  Try another line with a slip bobber and move it up or down in 4-6 inch increments to see where the fish are. This is the time to watch for ice fishing clearance sales if you want to get one.  A lot of local shops are sold out or only have high end flashers left, but online shops like Glen's have some good deals and free shipping. 

Offline CedarStorm1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:53 PM »
I do a lot better on the rivers around here than I do fishing the lakes. The walleyes I've caught at Pleasant Creek were nothing to write home about. Guess I get kinda spoiled from my trips out to NW Iowa, lol.

Offline frmboybuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:21 PM »
Thanks guys... Just started ice fishing this year.  Flasher is next on my list and have been keeping my eyes open.  Is one brand better than the rest or is it basically a chevy vs ford vs dodge deal?

Offline fishunlimited(fu)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Whatever you do don't buy the Kia! Lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.