Author Topic: need repairs for eskimo auger  (Read 613 times)

Offline Tooold

• IceShanty Rookie
need repairs for eskimo auger
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Looking for a service center in the Brockville area. Does anyone know who services them here

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: need repairs for eskimo auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:34 AM »
Hey toold. Can't help ya with a serviceman but just curious what's wrong with it. Just picked one up used this season and after a couple trips out, I had to take it up art and tighten up the pull cord recoil. Not a fun job but think I got it fixed. I'll test it when this windstorm passes

Offline Tooold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Had it for three four years without a hitch, first second pull always started right out of storage. This year when I start it up and start drilling, it will bog down. As long as I keep pushing the primer button it will drill the holes out. Seems under load it will lose the prime. Not sure if its the fuel line or primer bulb leaking

Offline toddc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2014, 12:58 PM »
mind if I chime in? That could be any number of problems, good news is there is nothing that cant be fixed on those little machines. I would start with checking for leaks in the line sounds like your sucking air somewhere. While your at it give the carb a good cleaning and then clean it again. I fairly sure your sucking air... I mean your auger is.

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2014, 02:19 PM »
I'm thinking mine is doing the same. Gonna try running quick Kleen in the fuel mix to clean out the carb. As for the lines sucking air, does this mean changing them?

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2014, 02:26 PM »
change lines, clean carb, and use fresh fuel, should solve your problems

Offline toddc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:13 PM »
those little plastic lines get brittle and develop leaks, or if that model has a primer bulb that can be a problem spot. Just go to canadian tire and get the same kind of line and replace , no need to buy oem

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:26 AM »
Thanks guys

Offline Tooold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2014, 05:44 PM »
thanx guys that's what I thought it might be as well

Offline coryandross

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can't wait to hit the ice
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:12 PM »
I have a strikemaster 49cc magnum pro every other year I have to take the carb of and strip completely apart and clean the junk out. I even thinned down the oil mix to like 30:1 and it still plugged up after 1 year. so I then switched to high test and kept the oil mix the same,havent had to take apart in 3 years! reg fuel contains ethnal wich gums up like corn syrup. Take carb apart use needle to clean out tiny ports and switch to high test, that would be my suggestion. I used acetone to clean with.
be safe out there, and tight lines to all!

Offline Icepuppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2014, 07:28 PM »
There are only 99 ethanol free gas stations in ontario, fuel grade (octane level) doesn't have anything to do with ethanol content. Gas stations that have ethanol have it in all of their octanes. Although higher octane gas will run better in almost any small engine.

A list of the stations, you guys are lucky there are 2 in Brockville  :)

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.